It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio HB 536 and SB 381 requires children in day care to be vaccinated (allows exemption for religiou

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MikeHawke
As posted above not everyone can be vaccinated and none are 100% effective. It requires as many as possible to be vaccinated to prevent outbreaks.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I am all for this, All children should be required to get certain vaccinations. We are having a measels outbreak in Hawaii right now. If my child gets sick because another parent didn't vaccinate their child I will be livid.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LurkingRelentlessly
Isn't thimerosal no longer used in childhood vacations (in UK anyway not sure about us).
Thanks for the link. To its credit the article explicitly doesn't use Wakefield and seems to have some proper references. I am not sure the references actually say what the article is claiming they do. Will get back to you when have had time to read.
Don't totally disagree with you about the industry. There are some fairly dodgy practises when it comes to medical research papers. However I think there is enough good evidence to support vaccination as doing more good than bad.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MikeHawke
a reply to: Grovit

your god will not stop your spawn from giving measles to my kid.
you know

Yea.. shouldn't your vaccine be doing that? why are you so worried? believe in that S*** you pedal. I'm so sick of these pro vaccine quacks missing the obvious. if your vaccine works there's noting you should be worried about. Every time I hear them crying about whats around their vaccinated kid, I just tell them to have as much faith in their vaccine as they do that my kid is going to give them what hes already vaccinated against.

or you could read my perfectly valid response to the question

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ckhk3
I am all for this, All children should be required to get certain vaccinations. We are having a measels outbreak in Hawaii right now. If my child gets sick because another parent didn't vaccinate their child I will be livid.

Will you be livid if some kid who just got vaccinated and IS STILL SHEDDING THE VIRUS X AMOUNT OF DAYS LATER gives a disease to your kid?

Because it was my experience with two children getting all their shots that NO ONE, EVER told me that they could shed the virus for days afterwards and to keep them home and not exposed to other children...

Maybe the thing to discuss here besides the safety of vaccines (hugely in doubt) is the casualness that people drop their kids off in daycare so that they can go to work, rather than keeping ill children at home, or better yet, limiting their exposure to the masses unless until their immune systems are fully in gear.

In Memoriam - Shawn Siegel's FB page

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire
Just so I am clear are you saying that your children gave others the virus through shedding post vaccination? If so can I ask what virus this was for as my understanding is that the reason they wouldn't tell you is that for almost all vaccinations the risk of this is so small to be practically non existent.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Maybe just make sure your kid is in a fully
Vaccinated day care and others will put there's into whatever daycare they see fit?

Basically.. If your kids at a daycare with unvaccinated kids and you don't like it... It's your Effin fault. Put them into a daycare that is more up to your liking. If the daycare doesn't have a policy on making sure every kid is vaccinated then why should you throwing a temper tantrum change that?

Your responsible for your child and he health and if you feel that someone has placed that In jeopardy then you have to do WHAT IS IN YOUR POWER to change that... Telling other parents what to do with their kids... NOT IN YOUR POWER. Moving your kid to flourideville in vaccination land will probably be your best bet.. No free thinking stinking hippy parents and their disease ridden kids there I've heard..

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

No I wouldn't be livid because at least that person took the precautions to get theIr child vaccinated.
Where I live daycares will usually not accept a child when they are contagious (even clear fluid from a runny nose or cough is suspicious), or when the child does become sick at daycare the child will need to be immediately picked up. Can't say the same for the public schools though.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Kids need vaccines to go to school, kids should get vaccines before they go to daycare.
Daycare is hardly different from school in the sense that there's a bunch of snot nosed kids passing every germ you could think of on to one another. Wouldn't want my kid to get sick because their rounds of vaccines weren't finished and another persons kid wasn't vaccinated.

Personally, I don't think that those who are religious should be exempt from vaccines. Sorry, but the health and wellbeing of many people is more important than who your worship, and what they say.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

But aren't vaccinated children safe from polio, whooping cough, measles and the myriad of other illnesses? How could an un-vaccintaed child be of any danger?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008
Third time I have posted this in this thread. Vaccinations are not 100% effective and not suitable for kids with certain health conditions. You need a minimum number of kids to be vaccinated to prevent an outbreak.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Third time I have posted this in this thread. Vaccinations are not 100% effective and not suitable for kids with certain health conditions. You need a minimum number of kids to be vaccinated to prevent an outbreak.

And the third time that you have left out any stats, information, or peer reviewed studies, that show the ratio of un-vaccinated to vaccinated in order to provide protection.

I am looking at this in the most common sense way. Is YOUR vaccinated child protected or not?
edit on 19-11-2014 by Witness2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The percentage needing vaccinated to provide adequate protection varies depending the virus. I can get some example figures for you if you want but not sure what that would add to the conversation? Are you disputing the whole concept or something specific?
My kids are vaccinated (the oldest did not have all due to an allergy concern) and they are certainly better protected than if they weren't vaccinated. As I stated however the vaccinations are not 100% effective so if an outbreak occurs they could still be at risk. The more people who are vaccinated the less chance of an outbreak as it is harder to spread.
Is clearly not as simple as protected or not.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScotwww.pbs.org...
Article has a table will immunisation thresholds.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

It is that simple. Given the hoops, red tape or whatever folks need to do in order to exempt from vaccinating, leads me to believe that parents know enough about the subject to be able to decide for themselves.

I suggest that a vaccinated child is just as susceptible as one who is not. And given the fact that immunized children can actually spread the virus that is meant to protect them, puts this whole question of herd immunity way up in the air, and certainly not so scientifically solid that any of us should be reprimanded or punished for not vaccinating.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I think parents should be able to decide for themselves however the amount of misinformation out there makes this very difficult.
Do you have any evidence to back up your suggestion?

edit on 19-11-2014 by ScepticScot because: typo

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LurkingRelentlessly

debunked

angryautie.wordpress.com...

Seeing as we're playing the numbers game. 107 studies that show no link between vaccines and autism:

justthevax.blogspot.co.uk...
edit on 19-11-2014 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped
To be fair are some shockingly bad sample sizes on both the for and against list of studies, however I think any meta analysis blows any link out the water. Fwww.sciencedirect.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

But aren't vaccinated children safe from polio, whooping cough, measles and the myriad of other illnesses? How could an un-vaccintaed child be of any danger?

this will be the 3rd time. it depends on the age of the child. if my child has had all of their vaccines then yes, they are protected. kids dont get their whole series of shots the day they are born...

my daughter is 2 and has had several, but not all...

some kids are in daycare as early as a few months old so NO, they would not be protected

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
If all the kids in your daughters daycare were 2 and had the same amount of vaccines as your daughter, wouldn't they still be able to give something to your daughter? Since they haven't had all the shots yet what is the difference between them and an un-vacinated 4 year old?

edit on 19-11-2014 by justin366 because: to rearrange

edit on 19-11-2014 by justin366 because: to rearrange

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join