It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio HB 536 and SB 381 requires children in day care to be vaccinated (allows exemption for religiou

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Links to the proposed legislation:

HB 536

SB 381
edit on 19-11-2014 by sdubya because: edited for clarity

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: sdubya

the mandatory vaccine does not bother me...if you choose not to vaccinate your kids thats fine. they should not be allowed with the other kids without them.
kids are required to have vaccines before starting school. have to bring the shot record....
daycare should be no different.

i am not in favor of the exemption based on religion.

your god will not stop your spawn from giving measles to my kid.
you know

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

(C)(1) A child is not required to be immunized against a disease specified in division (B) of this section if the child's physician, advanced practice registered nurse, or physician assistant certifies in writing any of the following: (a) That immunization against the disease is medically contraindicated for the child; (b) That the parent or guardian has declined to have the child immunized against the disease for reasons of conscience, including religious convictions; (c) That immunization against the disease is not medically appropriate for the child's age. (2) In the case of influenza, a child is not required to be immunized against the disease if the child's physician, advanced practice registered nurse, or physician assistant certifies in writing that the seasonal vaccine is not available.

phew.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: LurkingRelentlessly
including religious convictions; (c) That immunization against the disease is not medically appropriate for the child's age. (2) In the case of influenza, a child is not required to be immunized against the disease if the child's physician, advanced practice registered nurse, or physician assistant certifies in writing that the seasonal vaccine is not available.

phew.

double phew.
a parents belief in a fantastical story should not trump my daughters right to NOT contract measles or polio from their little shepherd

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

if your kid is vaccinated and vaccines are so golden, how then do you suggest my spawn can transmit measles to your kid?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

if your kid is vaccinated and vaccines are so golden, how then do you suggest my spawn can transmit measles to your kid?

there are age requirements for vaccines.
my daugher has had several up to this point. does not need more for a year....
for some 'ailments' more than 1 set of vaccines are required.

what if my daughter is in daycare before she had a certain one cause of her age? what if she has not finished her series yet?

thats how

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
.........."for reasons of conscience, including religious convictions." So, other reasons beside religious ones are evidently allowed, too. What could those be?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

including religious convictions; (c) That immunization against the disease is not medically appropriate for the child's age. (2) In the case of influenza, a child is not required to be immunized against the disease if the child's physician, advanced practice registered nurse, or physician assistant certifies in writing that the seasonal vaccine is not available.

phew.

double phew.
a parents belief in a fantastical story should not trump my daughters right to NOT contract measles or polio from their little shepherd

there are many reasons of conscoius that have nothing to do with religion.

vaccination is a medical intervention performed on a healthy child that has the ability
to injure or cause the death of the child;
the fact that there cannot be a guarantee that the deliberate introduction of live or
killed microorganisms into the body of a healthy child will not compromise the health
or cause the death of that child, either immediately or in the future;
there are no predictors in science that can
give advance warning that injury or death
may occur in any particular child that is vaccinated;
there are no proven assurances that the vaccine will protect the child from contracting
the disease;
there is an absence of adequate scientific knowledge regarding the way vaccines
interact with the human body on a molecular level.

just to name a few.
edit on 19-11-2014 by LurkingRelentlessly because: tags

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LurkingRelentlessly

i dont care about any of those reasons when it comes to your kid being around my kid.

object on whatever grounds you want..your kid. your right....its not my problem till your kid is around mine
when you decide to send your kid to school(daycare) with others it stops being just about you and yours....

wrap them up in a nice religious bubble and keep them at home

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
So, they passed a law that doesn't do anything?
That was worth the taxpayer money.

All kids must be vaccinated...unless the parents don't want to have it done, because reasons.

isn't that the way it is already?
edit on 19-11-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

there are age requirements for vaccines.
my daugher has had several up to this point. does not need more for a year....
for some 'ailments' more than 1 set of vaccines are required.

what if my daughter is in daycare before she had a certain one cause of her age? what if she has not finished her series yet?

thats how

then dont expose her.

modify your own life, stay out of mine.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Vaccines are not 100% effective and rely on enough people taking them to prevent outbreaks. Also are not suitable for all kids if they have certain health conditions. That is why important that all those who can take them do.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

It looks to me as though these are to amend the existing law to add religious exemptions. Just to have it explicitly in writing as much as possible?

a reply to: sdubya

By the way, terrible OP. Don't you have ANYTHING to say about it?
edit on 11/19/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

essentially yes. its a psycological thing.

would be interesting to know how much money the pharm idustry dumped into lobbying this. it can be a form of advertising.

by changing the discussion from comercial to legislative/politicol it takes away from the fact that this is an industry and the goal is to make money. that much would be too obvious if it were simply an advertisement inbetween television shows or in a magazine. and lets face it, the allure of vaccines is fear driven... better executed through political initiatives such as this.
edit on 19-11-2014 by LurkingRelentlessly because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
You are right that it possible for there to be side effects from taking a vaccination. However it is also possible to be worse off after a car crash because you were wearing a seat belt. On average however you are far off better wearing one than not and likewise the outcomes for vaccination are far far better than not having it.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Thanks for the clarification(s).

I'm of the persuasion that if you want to, fine, if you don't, fine. You don't need a reason. But Juan the vegetable picker's kids bring measles or chickenpox to school, don't complain if your child wasn't vaccinated either.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

i guess this is the part where i bring up autism,

and then you say theres no proof of a link between the two,

and then i post links to studies,

and then you reject and attack the sources, which are probably not to your liking.

in the end we conclude that most people will only accept what is "fact" from the very industry selling them the garbage.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
To the best of my knowledge there has never been any proven link to autism. If you have a link to an actual study please do post as would love to see it (mean that in a genuine way not normal ATS don't believe you way)
The point is that even if there was some link it still wouldn't necessarily make vaccines bad it would still depend on average outcomes over the population.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

22 studies that suggest a link

none proven, as that would typically cost more in funding than the industry can easily outmatch.

always comes down to money in one way or another...

for the record im not against the technology itself...just the industry. i think safe vaccines are truely possible, but its a hard thing to achieve in a corporate environment.

getting thimerosal out would be a huge leap in the right direction.
edit on 19-11-2014 by LurkingRelentlessly because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

your god will not stop your spawn from giving measles to my kid.
you know

Yea.. shouldn't your vaccine be doing that? why are you so worried? believe in that S*** you pedal. I'm so sick of these pro vaccine quacks missing the obvious. if your vaccine works there's noting you should be worried about. Every time I hear them crying about whats around their vaccinated kid, I just tell them to have as much faith in their vaccine as they do that my kid is going to give them what hes already vaccinated against.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join