It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

people that dont train their pets.....they piss me off

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Whoa, this makes it sound like his mother doesn't even know that her dog acts like that. Bull#!

How so?

I don't assume to know what a stranger thinks especially a third party stranger that cannot speak or post for themselves.

Reading the OP it sounds as though they know but do not find it a concern as I pointed out it in their own home and the way they live makes them happy, having a dog be the boss and run a muck seems to bring enjoyment to the mother and step father.

My advice to OP was to discuss his concerns with his mother about the safety of his child,

Obviously the mother loves her grand child as she wants her to come over for a sleep over and the best way to make the mother see is to show her her sons perspective in a fashion that wont have them screaming at each other.

This is NOT his responsibility to control her dog,that is strictly on his mom and step dad.

Correct.

Star for you.

This dog didn't get this way just today,its been this way because they thought the behavior is 'cute'. Well let them see how cute it is when they can't see their grand daughter then.I love dogs to no end,but an ill behaved dog or any pet is a nightmare.

Exactly, the behavior is cute and makes the household a happy place when its just them.

The mom and step dad obviously don't see it as being ill behaved and that is what I am saying the OP needs to point that out in a calm and concerned fashion so he is heard and understood.

As to the rest of your post about your mother and her cats

200 cats in one house compared to 1 dog?

Yes one would have be quite insane if they are told their 200 cats are becoming a nuisance and still not see the issue no matter how it came across, screaming or a simple concern.

However, 1 dog that behaves in a way that makes a person happy is harder to make that person see that their dog is a concern especially if you are screaming your concerns in anger at the dog owner.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
You say you have gone for years without talking to your Mother. That is not a normal relationship.

forgot to respond to this...
i suppose youre right. its not normal. i have always been like this...dont know why..just how i am.
i have always been able to just write people off and not think twice about it.

i just dont have 'that connection' with many people....you know that need or desire to be in their lives...

i can honestly say it does not bother me...

i have 4 brothers and i hardly ever talk to them.
my youngest brother lives in town...i see him maybe a couple times through the year and that is if we both happen to be at moms at the same time which wont be happening now.
2 brothers in south carolina and 1 in maryland..have not seen or talked to the 3 if them in maybe 2 years...

i have no interest in it...
i dont want my family to be in bad shape. i want them to be happy but thats it...i just have no interest in them or what is going on in their lives....
call it what you will

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

the reason i am so fired up is not so much about my hat and my phone. sure, im pissed about that but the main reason is she seems to brush my concerns about my daughter aside....i have been thinking about it for 2 days and i am getting progressively more pissed about it.

Timing my friend, bring up your concerns if you can get your mum to come visit. without her baby in her presence she might hear and see your perspective a bit better.

Try keeping a steady head and not allowing your blood to boil when she says something that pushes over the edge.

it is a respect issue. she does not respect my concerns about her asshole dog enough to at least make an effort to stop him from doing these things.

it bothers me that she is not concerned at all with her grand daughter getting knocked down or plowed into by her dog and she should be.....its her damn grand daughter.

so the more i think about it the more it seems to me like she cares more about her dog than us and im pissed about it.

so this has been a long time coming. its not like up until 2 days ago she thought everything was fine about the dog...she has known how he acts bothers/worries me for quite a while now, yet she has done nothing about it.

All the best then Grovit,

I hope your mom opens her eyes to your concerns and things work out for the best.

The issue is she has a dog that doesn't suit her lifestyle and is actually hurting the relationship between you all.

I hope you guys find a solution that keeps everybody happy.

But your attitude just wont allow that I am afraid and you will damage or be a part damaging relationships because of your stubbornness.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

i dont really get why you care concerned about me. i am a stranger to you. we dont know each other. we are not 'friends'...no need to worry about me.

So why start a thread about your issues?

belowlow and nyiah, im glad some people get it...im very surprised at how many people here just expect or accept that when they visit someone their animals will be all over them...

Oh I see its for acceptance of your actions that you are conflicted with and need strangers to say you are in the right to make yourself feel better.

Many people are offering their opinion and some advice they think might help,

Not sure why you are surprised, you said that we are all strangers here so why would you assume everybody would think as you?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

This is the rant forum. What is it for if not to blow off some steam? The OP isn't asking for help or looking for acceptance. He's RANTING.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

starting a thread to rant/discuss the topic is one thing....people are allowed to have whatever opinions they want.
im allowed to ask questions too.

i dont see why they are worried..they dont know me..i dont know them.

i like having discussions on here with everyone. people that agree with my views and people that dont.
that said, i am certainly not worried about any of them....

i just dont understand so i asked....i wasnt berating them for saying they were worried. i asked why and said they dont need to...understand?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

This is the rant forum. What is it for if not to blow off some steam? The OP isn't asking for help or looking for acceptance. He's RANTING.

thanks BH.
you seem to be one of the few people that understand my in general...not saying you agree with my views on all things but you seem to at least understand where i am coming from...

somehow a rant thread in the rant forum, asking people if they get pissed at people that dont train their dogs has turned into my personal life and how i will handle the situation...
aaah well.

liked the pic you posted btw....thats how it should be done

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
not saying you agree with my views on all things but you seem to at least understand where i am coming from...

Yeah, I've noticed we're 180 degrees out on some other topics, but that's the way it is. I think people need to find common ground and form relationships based on that. Then when disagreements come along, disagree with a passion! But don't hate the person or make them into an "enemy". I have that relationship with FlyersFan and I really appreciate it. Neither of us holds back. I wish we could all be like that.

Thanks for the pic comment. I love to brag about my good doggies.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

i agree
what fun would discussions be if everyone felt the same way about all issues?
it wouldnt be fun. it would suck

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

and what is wrong if readers care and are concerned?

Does the rant forum have some rule that a poster cannot show concern for what they are reading?

He asked for opinions and posted here because he wanted discussion,

someone said they had concerns and the OP asked why,

in return I asked well why post your dramas, people have compassion an will care,

I would have thought a person going on to 40 would understand that, not find it confusing another person cares.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I wonder if they dog makes her happy since she can't see her grand child over it? Further it doesn't take an Einstein to realize that a large dog jumping up on people,chewing on clothes,taking people's personal items and chewing on everything is not cute.The op says later on that when he was coming in the house he could her his mother complaining about the dog chewing on the curtains again.

Big dogs are wonderful and I have always loved them.But I know that not everyone can have one.Not just because of expense or walking of them,but also because some people just don't have control over their animals. A big dog is not a dog you let get out of control.This dog seems to be all in all a friendly spirit and thats great. But what if he wasn't that nice? What would they have done then? Let his behavior continue like they are doing now? Large dogs can be weapons,whether the people intended it or not.They need to be under human control so that they aren't dangerous,accidentally or on purpose.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

age has nothing to do with it.
i never said it was wrong to be worried either.

i said i dont understand....i said that because i dont.

i dont understand being worried about some stranger you have never met...thats all.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

i dont see why they are worried..they dont know me..i dont know them.

its compassion and empathy I guess you don't understand then because that is what I saw in this thread.

i just dont understand so i asked....i wasnt berating them for saying they were worried. i asked why and said they dont need to...understand?

Yes I understand quite fine hence why I posted what I did which seemed to be misinterpreted by two of you guys.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

I wonder if they dog makes her happy since she can't see her grand child over it? .

for her sake i hope so.

. she has been able to see my daughter anytime....i have just not let her spend the night over there because of the dog.
she can see my daughter when she wants to. from now on though it is going to have to be at my house..

my mom is the type of person that expects everyone to come to her though....she wont come over, even to visit the grand kid...
thats her problem too. not mine.
only person stopping her from coming over is her.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

its compassion and empathy I guess you don't understand then because that is what I saw in this thread.

for a stranger?
i get what you are saying but i cant process it the same way...i dont have that

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Large dogs can be weapons,whether the people intended it or not.They need to be under human control so that they aren't dangerous,accidentally or on purpose.

Yes I own Rotties. and know the dangers big dogs can create when they are behaving badly.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

for a stranger?
i get what you are saying but i cant process it the same way...i dont have that

Yes for a stranger even an enemy if one has one.

It matter not what we have or don't have, at least we can understand each other on some levels

Man I get you, the concerns and reasons for being pissed, I shouldn't have offered any advice or opinion as I have no clue to what the full story is and how your relationship with your mum has been in past other that you's not talking for years.

Sorry as my opinions might have got your blood boiling a little more than it already was, it wasn't my intention consciously but might have been a defensive thing my mind made me do when I saw you call you mum an idiot.

Its bothering you obviously and I just wanted to help but it seems most of what I said did the opposite, sorry again and I hope you guys can find some resolve.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
oh man....im loving life right now..

my mom texted me a picture earlier of her couch all ripped to #.
bwuahahahahahah

her lovely grown ass dog that just has so much puppy in him tore it up.

nice

of course now that something of hers got ruined she is all pissed off about it. bitching about how he does not listen.
its glorious

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
LoL! This thread!

Some of the replies to the OP are simply astounding. Some members must have dogs that are their masters.

A big dog can be very dangerous to a small child, even accidentally. A grandma should kind of get that.

Stand your ground Grovit, the only thing between your precious two year old and Cujo's derpy brother is you.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Stand your ground Grovit, the only thing between your precious two year old and Cujo's derpy brother is you.

always do kismicjack.
i have not been over there since and neither has my wife and obviously not my daughter either.

my mom was telling my wife about 3 days ago how they can not put up a christmas tree this year cause he will tear it up...i was just smirking at it. i think its a joke.

now she is all pissed about her couch and i think its awesome...
im telling you...this dog runs around and owns the place.

my youngest brother texted me the other day about the dog. he was over there his kids and the dog was jumping all over them..he was pissed but too much off a mommies boy baby to say anything.
he said he cant stand going over there anymore cause the dog.
but, he still does. too afraid to say no to mommy.

oh well.
hopefully the dog tears up more of their #.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join