It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

people that dont train their pets.....they piss me off

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

He'd rather be stubborn and part of the problem, than help fix it. You see, it's a competition between him, and his mom. He doesn't want his mom to win...and screw the dog.

To the OP:

The dog acts this way because it has no rules, boundaries, limitations...likely no real exercise- and it's abusing it's rule to play games and get a reaction out of every one. The dog is trolling you. xD

If you're going to ignore the situation, at least order her the Cesar Millan training videos- your parents might just give up and deem the dog 'uncontrollable,' and it will end up in a shelter, probably dead. All this can be changed with some simple changes in their OWN behavior. Order the videos, and then be done with it, if you must. Don't condemn the dog to insanity.
edit on 11u0711amb14America/Chicago by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hushabye
He'd rather be stubborn and part of the problem, than help fix it. You see, it's a competition between him, and his mom. He doesn't want his mom to win...and screw the dog.

BS. I believe the OP has solved the problem. It may not be in the way you would do it, but it's his solution. For now, anyway. And I totally understand it.

I completely agree with those that have mentioned Cesar Millan. The videos would make a nice Christmas present.

Don't condemn the dog to insanity.

He's not condemning the dog to anything. It's the owner's responsibility to do something about it. Maybe this is the push they need. The dog is not happy and he's not being blamed here, either, as far as I can tell. The humans are to blame.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

she has been asking my wife and i to let my daughter come over there and spend the night...my daughter has never done that. i have always come up with some sort of reason why its not a good time. we got in the argument though and i told her what was up.

I guess you haven't sat down and discussed your concerns for your own daughter with your mother then.

You come up with reasons instead of telling the truth, you are concerned and with out having the dog trained the chances of your girl being hurt are too high and you wont risk your daughters, your mothers granddaughter safety.

I suggest you sit down and talk to your Mum

and not say these things about her on the net

my mother is not a breeder. just an idiot

No wonder you experience what you do,

it sound as though you are saying your mother doesn't respect your views all at the same time as you disrespecting her behind her back by calling her an idiot which would hurt her feeling quite a bit I assume.

when she does something about it we will start coming back around...
that is how i am handling it

Maybe you should revise your argument with your mother after your phone was eaten and instead of screaming at each other bring up your concerns in a fashion that you both get what is being said as leaving an issue unresolved or resolved in the fashion you have said will only be more damaging in the long run for all parties involved.
edit on 19-11-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Nah, I wouldn't even mess with that. I groomed for 15 years. Here is my solution, if you chance going over to her place again,don't step in the house. Instead ask your mom "is the dog put up"? Every single time make HER put the dog up.This will serve to bring several things home to them:
1.They will have to wrestle and corral a large dog,not a fun thing to do when you have no control over the beast.
2.They will get the message that thou you love THEM,no one likes they're dogs behavior nor will put up with it.
3.After they have sweated and fought to get THEY'RE dog under control and put away,you then have safety going in the house and can have a normal conversation without getting in a fight with them and enjoy your visit.

If they refuse to put up the dog,then stick by your word and refuse to visit. Tell them "I will not chance my daughter being hurt by an out of control animal that rather than fix the situation,you would rather laugh about. I'm sorry the dog comes out on top rather than your grand daughter.Then STICK BY YOUR WORD. I don't care if its a holiday or what. Do not relent,your daughters safety comes first.

It is not YOUR place to try to make a large dog mind,further it will do no good what so ever to pop in once in a while and try to train the dog NOT to do something. When you are not there all the time you took to train him will be undone by your irresponsible mother anyway.The laws are pretty clear in most western societies,you are responsible for any animals you own.Stick to your guns and good luck.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Whoa, this makes it sound like his mother doesn't even know that her dog acts like that. Bull#! How can you not know that when company comes over your dog is acting out of control? This is NOT his responsibility to control her dog,that is strictly on his mom and step dad. This dog didn't get this way just today,its been this way because they thought the behavior is 'cute'. Well let them see how cute it is when they can't see their grand daughter then.I love dogs to no end,but an ill behaved dog or any pet is a nightmare. My mother was a 'breeder' (translation:crazy cat lady) and would never make the cats mind.And yes you can teach cats rules. I finally had enough when they were climbing up the curtains destroying them and clawing up people and then pulled out people's laundry and were pissing in it. We had a HUGE go round. No holds barred. She knew EXACTLY what her cats were doing and people's complaints about them.

I told her that 200 cats were not pets,they were VERMIN.She had me and my sister taking them to the vets,giving meds,feeding and cleaning up after them. It was easy to pet them and love and laugh at their 'antics' when you aren't having to take care of them. My father would never do anything to make mom be responsible.So finally I had to take the bull by the horn and have at it with her. That was the only thing that ever got through to her. So I told her to get off her ass and take care of them starting tomorrow. She had to take them to the vet,feed them,clean up after them,and fix the damage they were doing. Then she would be able to decide what ones she wanted to keep and get rid off. She lasted one month. Called out the humane society and got rid of all but 20 of them. She now realized that it was too much work to deal with and didn't want to be responsible for all of them. Of course she had wasted $1000s on them by this point. The whole situation was insane. Sometimes people need a huge wake up call,they have issues that they use they're animals to act out with.The only way to fix it and get it under control is to make them totally responsible and fix it one way or the other.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hushabye
..and screw the dog.
pretty much. their dog is a dick. i dont like how he acts...

If you're going to ignore the situation, at least order her the Cesar Millan training videos- your parents might just give up and deem the dog 'uncontrollable,' and it will end up in a shelter, probably dead. All this can be changed with some simple changes in their OWN behavior. Order the videos, and then be done with it, if you must. Don't condemn the dog to insanity.

im not ordering #....im not condemning the dog to anything. its not my responsibility.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

its not my responsibility.

Then why are you so "pissed off"? I totally get about untrained pets. But its your mums… not some stranger.

You say you trained your dog to behave, offer her your help. If she turns it down, fine. Guard your stuff when you are there. Its your fault if you leave your stuff lying around to get stolen and slobbered on.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

I guess you haven't sat down and discussed your concerns for your own daughter with your mother then.
no. i have not sat down and had a family meeting about it...she knows how i feel though..i have voiced my concerns numerous times in the pat year

You come up with reasons instead of telling the truth
i have not told her point blank that is the reason i will not let my daughter spend the night but i have voiced my concerns about her dog multiple times.....just had not told her that is the specific reason for my daughter not spending the night

I suggest you sit down and talk to your Mum
nope. im pissed at her

and not say these things about her on the net
this is the rant forum. i am ranting

No wonder you experience what you do,
yeah. cause my mom is an idiot

it sound as though you are saying your mother doesn't respect your views all
she dont. that is a large part of why i am so pissed....i have told her my concerns about her dumb ass dog being around my daughter and she is doing nothing about it

at the same time as you disrespecting her behind her back by calling her an idiot which would hurt her feeling quite a bit I assume.
i dont make it a point to hurt my mothers feelings but i have said way, way worse # to her than that...when i get pissed i dont pull any punches. i try to keep my cool with everyone and especially her cause she is my mom, but that does not give her a free pass

Maybe you should revise your argument with your mother after your phone was eaten and instead of screaming at each other bring up your concerns in a fashion that you both get what is being said as leaving an issue unresolved or resolved in the fashion you have said will only be more damaging in the long run for all parties involved.

im not revising anything....
most of the time i am a very calm guy but when i get pissed off i tend to flip out.
i have gone years without talking to my mother before...sometimes it is for something major....sometimes not so major....
i know people will not agree with this and i really dont care. i love my mom but in the end i will write her ass off with the quickness.
i have always been that way....it is what it is.

the reason i am so fired up is not so much about my hat and my phone. sure, im pissed about that but the main reason is she seems to brush my concerns about my daughter aside....i have been thinking about it for 2 days and i am getting progressively more pissed about it.

when he was a puppy things were fine...as he started to get bigger it got worse...my mom is one of those people that if she wants to visit with us, we have to go to her house....always...she never wants to be the one to make the drive. so, we get a call and she wants to visit with us and wants to see my daughter. we set up a time to go and when we get there, the dog starts in right away. from the second we walk in the door.

i have to stand up and hold my daughter for like 20 minutes before the dog calms down and i can set her down...i have voiced my opinions and concerns about that issue to her...
she brushes it off as "but grovit, he is just a puppy" or "he has a lot of puppy left in him"

now, i played ball with that when he was small but he is almost a year and a half...that argument dont hold water.

it pisses me off because when we get there and sees me having to stand up she does nothing about it. when he is jumping all over the place she never even tries to tell him to stop.
after my forced 20 minute stand up time and i can actually let my daughter walk around, it is 'usually' ok until my daughter gets a toy out of the diaper bag or pulls out her little baggie of cheese crackers.
then the dog is up and being an asshole again.

she is trying to sit and behave and snack on crackers while we visit and the dog is jumping in her lap trying to get them...my daughter has to pull away and turn into myself or her mother just so dumb ass cant get to her snacks.
im telling the dog to stop. my wife is telling him to stop. hell, my daughter says stop but non my mom....she does nothing.
she tells me "he will stop on his own in a minute" and then dives back into facebook....

it is a respect issue. she does not respect my concerns about her asshole dog enough to at least make an effort to stop him from doing these things.

it bothers me that she is not concerned at all with her grand daughter getting knocked down or plowed into by her dog and she should be.....its her damn grand daughter.

so the more i think about it the more it seems to me like she cares more about her dog than us and im pissed about it.

so this has been a long time coming. its not like up until 2 days ago she thought everything was fine about the dog...she has known how he acts bothers/worries me for quite a while now, yet she has done nothing about it.

it is not up to me to train the dog or buy her videos or anything. if they decide one day they cant handle the dog and have to get rid of him, thats not my problem

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

Then STICK BY YOUR WORD. I don't care if its a holiday or what. Do not relent,your daughters safety comes first.

believe me. i have no problem doing this...more than 1 holiday, birthday, etc has gone by because i wasnt talking to her.
tired of playing her game

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Guard your stuff when you are there. Its your fault if you leave your stuff lying around to get stolen and slobbered on.

my fault?
she does not have a coat rack. im supposed to go upstairs and hang my stuff in her closet?

we take our coats off and drape them on the back of the couch just like we have done our entire lives. its only become an issue with clothes getting eaten recently because of this dog.

it absolutely is not anyones fault but my mothers....she is the one that should be responsible for her dog.
its not my fault that the dog jumps on the furniture and pulls clothes down and runs away with what falls out of the pockets.....that would be the owners fault.

its not just clothes on the back of the couch either...its everything.

before he grabbed my hat he snatched one of her shoes.
he has pulled crayons out of my daughters diaper bag and eaten them before.

when i got to her house with the food she was just walking up the steps. she had not been inside yet...as soon as she opened the door i heard her say "thanks for eating my curtains again"....

its her fault man...this is how he behaves and she lets it happen.

was it my fault that he jumped on the stove and was trying to put his face in the pot of borscht too?

actually, my coat was on the table this time and my hat was on top of that.....we usually lay our coats over the back of the couch..me, my wife, my brother...everyone that comes over.....that is how it has always been

edit on 19-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

He'd rather be stubborn and part of the problem, than help fix it. You see, it's a competition between him, and his mom. He doesn't want his mom to win…and screw the dog.

At first I was thinking that carried it a bit far, but now I agree with you. Look at the reply to me above this one.

Se la vie…

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

call it stubborn if you want. dont care. its not about win or lose though.

its about her brushing my concerns off about her dog around my daughter.....

oh well.

i dont really care if people agree or not. i dont need their approval for anything i do.
this is the rant forum. this is where people come to rant and thats what i did.
how i handle the situation is not really your concern...

the rant was about people not training their dogs. it was not about how i am going to handle the situation.
i dont recall asking anyone for advice either

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

You do realize this is a conspiracy website, oto some place to choke us with umpteen threads about your personal problems? Buwah, the dog ate my hat…

41 threads in less than three weeks…

theres your sign.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
im not ordering #....im not condemning the dog to anything. its not my responsibility.

The dog doesn't respect you and you carry no presence to keep him/her off of you or your stuff, period.

Do you encourage the dog to play, do you antagonize it, run away, squeal, etc, etc, etc. Have you ever trained a dog before? JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED! The reality is that none of us have any idea what the finer details are. No dog does this to me, however I will admit that the really stubborn and spoiled ones will bark their head off, at me, once they realize I'm not to be toyed with.
edit on 19-11-2014 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Ahh screw these guys I'm with you man, your mom sounds like a douche...y pet owner. Loved your rant, I enjoyed reading it and oddly refreshed by your outlook. Have a flag.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bovah

I just leave and never call or come back. Life is too short to get upset. I'm sure they can figure it all out. Ain't my job!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I completely agree with those that have mentioned Cesar Millan.

Yikes. Really? Why?

Isn't that the guy that goes off the "alpha" thing? I thought that was called bad science after someone realized putting a bunch of male wolves in a closed off area was a bad idea...

-----

OP don't go over there if you're uncomfortable. Make it known why.

You seem to have some very strong anger issues. Have you gotten help? Do you think perhaps you are making this worse because of your anger? You say you have gone for years without talking to your Mother. That is not a normal relationship. She may be to blame, but reading your posts I think you have some serious issues. Really hoping you're not in your twenties.

Worried about you OP. You seem unreasonably angry. I'm glad you don't blame the dog. It's not the dogs fault. Perhaps you could offer to pay for some training classes, or research them and show a schedule to your Mother? Tell her you aren't willing to visit if she doesn't take some action?

It's annoying to have a dog jump all over you. I go to the dog park all the time, and this is something that I expect. When you go to your Mother's you should expect it. It doesn't mean you have to like it, but don't go if you have a problem.

I get that you're pissed, and I don't really blame you, but some of the things you've said really have me worried. That along with some patterns in your typing. Dismiss it all you want and call me a jackass, but if you want to talk about something U2U me. No judge and strictest confidence.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Wow O.O Yeah, neither the dog's nor your mom's behavior is acceptable whatsoever. Let me clue some of the high & mighty posters in here -- a guest in a home is entitled to be treated like one, not treated like a nuisance invading wild territory. If you cant handle inviting someone in your home & assuring they aren't accosted by a wild-ass pet, don't invite people inside. No one wants to be jumped on, trampled, etc by someone's impulsive animal. Hey, no one wants that from a human, so why should animals be any different, all right?
There are two ways to go about this, and frankly, I wish they were ordinances/laws at least for dogs: Either train your pet, hire someone to train it, or buy/adopt one old enough to have been trained at least partially and carry on training as time goes on. Most people don't seem to be able (or willing) to understand how to get a training method rolling, and bounce around many types which is inconsistent & useless to the animal & ultimately futile. Or they just don't try at all, which is more infuriating.

Ugh, my "teenhood" best friend's dog was an out of control hunting hound. And by out of control, I mean I often ended up with light scratch wounds from her damn untrimmed claws, lost at least half a dozen pieces of clothing to claw rips, and was knocked down many, many times. They refused to train the dog, claiming "It's just what she is". She had no concept of what the words "No" or "Down" even meant, and thought me physically trying to enforce the words was playtime. She was physically strong as hell, so at that age, I had a VERY tough time trying to instill just a simple down command. When I got sick enough of being a doormat to a dog, I started telling them at the door that I wasn't coming in until she was either in a bedroom, or in the back yard. I was still invited over, and would not enter the house until she wasn't able to jump on me. The first few times I held my ground, they thought I was joking. Nope, we're hangin' on the front porch until that dog is unable to trample me.

Even being put outside, she was still wild. She broke their sliding glass door jumping & pushing on it trying to get to us inside once. She BROKE the glass door. That is out of control, period. After that, they started half-assed training her, but never kept up on it. Eventually, she was seized by animal control because she was so over-excited & out of control that she bit someone, breaking skin & a bone. She was trying to get them to play with her, but having been untrained for so long & left to her wild nature, she went to the point of injury. Not acceptable in the slightest. The next dog that family had, they hired a trainer. Hurting someone enough to cause injury was their wake-up call, but that wake-up call should have never happened in the first place had they been responsible owners when she was a puppy and begun training her then.
edit on 11/20/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

You seem to have some very strong anger issues. Have you gotten help? Do you think perhaps you are making this worse because of your anger? You say you have gone for years without talking to your Mother. That is not a normal relationship. She may be to blame, but reading your posts I think you have some serious issues. Really hoping you're not in your twenties.
i guess it depends on what you consider an issue. im pretty direct and brash when i pot on here but i type how i talk. im that way in real life too. what i post reads almost exactly how i talk. for the most part i think i keep it together well but some things just set me off. when i get fired up it is just hard to calm down....i never start throwing # or breaking #...nothing like that....i just get cranked up man...and no, i have not gotten help...not in my 20's....pushing 40.

Worried about you OP. You seem unreasonably angry. I'm glad you don't blame the dog. It's not the dogs fault. Perhaps you could offer to pay for some training classes, or research them and show a schedule to your Mother? Tell her you aren't willing to visit if she doesn't take some action?
i know its not the dogs fault. i cant stand the dog but thats not his fault. when he was a little puppy i would play with him...he was cool. now he is a dick but its cause my mom lets him run the show...there is no way in hell that i am paying for classes, dvd's, anything for that dog...it is not my dog so it is not my problem. well, the issues i have with him are my problem but i am solving that by walking away from all of it. like i said, she knows. i have voiced my concerns many times and it came to a head this time....she knows me and she knows why....i have been this way my whole life

It's annoying to have a dog jump all over you. I go to the dog park all the time, and this is something that I expect. When you go to your Mother's you should expect it. It doesn't mean you have to like it, but don't go if you have a problem.
my dog does not jump all over people and eat their #. my father in law has 2 dogs and they dont do it...i should not expect to be jumped on and have my 2 year old mowed down by this big bastard. what i expect is when people invite others over their house, they keep their big ass dog in check...if i wanted the dog to jump on me thats one thing but i dont. since i dont want it i expect the owner not to let it happen

I get that you're pissed, and I don't really blame you, but some of the things you've said really have me worried. That along with some patterns in your typing. Dismiss it all you want and call me a jackass, but if you want to talk about something U2U me. No judge and strictest confidence.

i dont think youre a jackass. i dont really get why you care concerned about me. i am a stranger to you. we dont know each other. we are not 'friends'...no need to worry about me.

belowlow and nyiah, im glad some people get it...im very surprised at how many people here just expect or accept that when they visit someone their animals will be all over them...

i would never even think of letting my dog so that to people..not a chance...

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I get pissed at this too. But I also have a recognition that it is ignorance that causes it in many cases- they don't know better... there are things they don't understand about animal behaviorism.

Every once in a while I meet someone who is just very self centered, and refusing to consider the needs of the animal, out of desire to fulfill their own needs- regardless of the animal. That is abuse.

LIke I meet horse owners lacking in horsemanship skills that prefer to not give their horses enough calories and nutrition so that they will have less energy- and pose less challenge to them. A starving horse is listless and mentally disabled. They won't learn much, but at least the owners won't be forced to.

Talking with a man the other day, he explained to me how his dog does everything with him- he gets a seat at the table and whatever he eats, he gives the dog as well- be it beer and peanuts, or whatever. He takes it into restaurants, gives it a seat, and orders a meal for it to eat off a plate on the table. It gets to sleep in his bed, and he respects that once in bed, he cannot touch or pet the dog, for it growls and tries to bite.

THEN he explains how out on a walk, the dog wanted to walk in front of him. He insisted it stay behind and when the dog refused, he put his hands around it's neck to choke it and lifted it up in the air, until it got close to passing out. Then he punched it. "I showed HIM whose the boss! Heheh... "

I sat there wide eyed and fought my urge to slap the crap out of him. Teach the dog, all day long that he is the dominant, the leader, the protector.... THEN abuse him for actually believing it and trying to fullfil those duties???

That seems like intentional ignorance, which leaves me less room for compassion.
edit on 20-11-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join