It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

people that dont train their pets.....they piss me off

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
ive been stewing about this for a couple days now....
it really chaps my ass when people have dogs, especially large dogs and they dont train them not to jump on people and they just let them spaz out all the time..

my dog does not do that...when we first got him and people would come over he would try to jump on them and freak out but i trained him to not do that...its not cool. people dont want dogs jumping all in their face......

i am ranting about my mother specifically here....her dog is crazy all the time....

he is a big boy too. like 70lbs....when you go to her house he is flipping out, jumping all in your face and he is so big his paws are up to your shoulder.....

so a couple days ago i went over there with some food i had made...bringing it to her and my step dad...you know, just to share the wealth a bit.
so the idiot dog starts in as soon as i walk in..jumping up and down...being a jerk.

so we are in the kitchen talking and he runs to the table and pulls my flat cap off the table and hauls ass upstairs. i start calling for him and of course my mom say "he wont come back...you have to go get him"...so im pissed cause its my favorite hat and now it smells like his mouth. he has slobbered all over it.....my mom does nothing.

i take it from him and he runs over to the chair and pulls my coat off the back and starts pulling it around the house. as he is doing that my phone falls out of my pocket and he picks it up and runs with it under the table. of course i have to go get it and when i get to him he darts away with my phone....my mom grabs him as he tries to run by and takes my phone and gives it to me...
of course its broke....he crushed the front of it. its all cracked.....
so now i have to go buy a new phone...im pissed off and i start yelling and all my mom says is "sorry about your phone dude"

i was livid......her and i got into a huge argument....

i told her from now on if she wants to see my daughter she can come to my house. we wont be going over to her house anymore.

as it is when we go visit he starts spazzing out and jumping...he has knocked my daughter down on more than one occasion. she gets scared and we have to hold her until my mom or step dad can wrangle him and put him outside or in the basement.

im done with it....

do people not realize it is not cool to let your dogs do that # to people and act like that????

they just let hi do it...they smirk and giggle cause they think it is funny

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I would be furious! People need to realize when they have puppies, they have to teach them how to behave because they're GOING to get bigger. So many neglect to do that and then you have out of control dogs. Adult dogs can be trained, though. And does her dog get proper exercise? That's the biggest contributor to a good dog.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

do people not realize it is not cool to let your dogs do that # to people and act like that????

they just let hi do it...they smirk and giggle cause they think it is funny

In public or in their own and the dogs home?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I would be furious! People need to realize when they have puppies, they have to teach them how to behave because they're GOING to get bigger. So many neglect to do that and then you have out of control dogs. Adult dogs can be trained, though. And does her dog get proper exercise? That's the biggest contributor to a good dog.

her dog is about 15 months old...they dont do anything to train him at all.
he just acts like this all the time and they think its cute...
i was and still am furious....
my phone was not the best in the world but thats not the point.
its my #....so cause of her dumb ass dog i had to fork over cash for a new phone. now my hat smells like rank dog breath..
just not cool

when i put the pan on the stove to heat up the food he jumped up and had his face damn near in the pot trying to get a whiff.
why let your dog do that?
edit on 19-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

In public or in their own and the dogs home?

dont start with that crap...i said it was her house.
when people come over to visit you should not let your dogs freak out, jump all over them, run around the house with your stuff......its not cool.

its not cool to let your big ass dog run around like a freak and knock over my 2 year old daughter....
its BS....

thats fine though....she is just not going to have visits with her grand daughter unless she comes here.
just the way it is

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I feel your pain. Some people can be so inconsiderate. My advice? Train the dog yourself. I do this with a few of my friends. I'm not an expert trainer by any means but I have a dog and no the basics. I don't' mean go over and give free lessons, i just mean while you're there issue the "No" and "sit" commands and train them for that brief moment as you would your own dog. SOME people find that rude, but I find it more rude that they wouldn't do it themselves so that doesn't bother me

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I don't blame you. I wouldn't subject my kids to that danger either. If you change your mind, you could call her and let her know when you're coming over so she can put the dog away, so you don't even have to see it.

Untrained dogs are a pet peeve of mine. I have had 4 large dogs at once and they're very respectful of other people, regardless of size.

These are chicken feet (their snack) on the table.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor
Train the dog yourself. I do this with a few of my friends.

well thanks for the advice but absolutely not...
im choosing option B.
not going to go over there anymore...

its been happening since she got him...even when we just sit on the couch. he jumps into our lap and climbs up us and onto the back of the couch behind out head....# like that.

it just hit the boiling point the other day when he crushed my phone...we got in a huge fight and i was going off and thats how we left it.

if they want to allow their dog to act like that then they will not be seeing us...simple

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I don't blame you. I wouldn't subject my kids to that danger either. ]

yeah, that night everything came to a head.

she has been asking my wife and i to let my daughter come over there and spend the night...my daughter has never done that. i have always come up with some sort of reason why its not a good time. we got in the argument though and i told her what was up.

her dog is too big and too spastic. he freaks out and knocks her down....im not taking any chances when i am not here. i dont need him knocking her into the table or something..

so, she can have her dumb ass dog. no visits with her grand daughter until she gets his ass calmed way, way down

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I feel your pain man, I hate that # when I go to a buddies house and their annoying animal is going nuts.

Some people are like "well the dog lives here, you don't", and I'm like "F that and your dog". Humans > Pets.

When I'm in someone's house, I come before their [SNIP] pets.
edit on 11/19/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I want to commit puppy genocide when I go to someone's house and their dog is in my face during meal time. That's just as disrespectful as someone farting in an elevator.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bovah
Humans > Pets.

When I'm in someone's house, I come before their bitch ass pets.

totally agree.

i mean if my parents want to let their dog act like an asshole all the time and eat their # and break their stuff. fine.
does not matter if it is their house..when you have company(family) over it is not cool to let your big ass dog knock down your grand daughter and let your big ass dog break other peoples stuff.

i love dogs but i hate this big bastard....

then "sorry about your phone dude"

uhhhhh, save your sorry. how about giving me some friggin green backs so i can replace what your dog broke/

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
We had a good friend who had these huge dogs that would jump on us. I finally stopped going over. They scared me! Not only that, they can ruin your clothes with their big claws. GRRRRR! When my best friend had her Grand daughter living with her, she had an un-trained dog that would jump all over you too. Glad the Grand daughter and her dog are gone now. I hate that crap!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

People who breed pets can be just as bad.

A vet friend of mine rescued a female bull terrier-she was at the wrong end of the shotgun just because she couldn't rear any more pups.

I've also seen an entire litter drowned because no one wanted them.

I've also seen deadbeats rearing pups to be guard dogs-beating them into mindless, aggressive grunts so their poser owners can hide behind them, and I wouldn't blame the animals for turning against their masters; hell the devil inside me hopes they turn on their masters.

Its not hard to train an animal; they are not idiots and respond to positive reinforcement.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

a reply to: PsychoEmperor
Train the dog yourself.

It wouldn't do much good, as soon as he left ,they would just let the dog do whatever the hell it wants.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

People who breed pets can be just as bad.

yeah but thats not what i am talking about
my mother is not a breeder. just an idiot

night star, youre right about stuff getting ruined. he jumped up before and of course i had these claw scrapes all down my jacket...
it is ridiculous

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

….my mom does nothing.

Sounds like pooch rules the roost. Why don't you help dear mom out and spend some time "doing something" about it?

This guy is wonderful. He "rehabs dogs and trains people".

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Why don't you help dear mom out and spend some time "doing something" about it?

cause it is not up to me.
when she does something about it we will start coming back around...
that is how i am handling it

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Night Star
I hate that crap!

let your pet hate flow , give into your anger...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

when people come over to visit you should not let your dogs freak out, jump all over them, run around the house with your stuff......its not cool.

So its hot?

dont start with that crap...i said it was her house.

OK

I had to double check because in my own place if someone doesn't like how I live or my animals they know which door came in through and can freely leave if they please.

its not cool to let your big ass dog run around like a freak and knock over my 2 year old daughter....
its BS....

Yes its wouldn't be cool if you didn't know how your parents Dog acts but you did didn't you?

thats fine though....she is just not going to have visits with her grand daughter unless she comes here.
just the way it is

There is one solution, it might not be one that suits but it solves the issue of your rant.

Another would be if you already haven't is sit down and discuss (instead of a heated argument) this with your parents and make them see how serious you are and how concerned you are that your daughter might get hurt around the dog.

my personal opinion is that even though this all anonymous I find it a bit low (just my opinion based on my relationship with my parents) that you would rant about this here before you attempt to resolve (like I said if you haven't already) this face to face with your mother and step father.

Sorry that I asked the smart ass question but as I explained when under your own roof you live the way you do, yes you might change the way you live if people that come visit that you want to come tell you they have concerns coming over because they feel unsafe or they feel its unsafe to bring their child, something has to said before the concern becomes a conflicting situation and you are in a screaming match with a loved one.

I hope you can find a solution, I hope they train the dog as yes ownership of an animal that will interact with other people needs to have some basic social training so as not freak out when meeting new people which could easily turn ugly as a dog will protect and are known to be quite territorial if not socialized properly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join