It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Together at last....Match made in heaven?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Some shots from the first joint missions involving both the F-22 and the F-35. They do look like they belong together really.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I have no idea why I like fighter planes-it must be a throwback from my childhood.They do look wonderful but they are no match for my all-time favourite:the gorgeous SR-71.Whoever designed that needs an award.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Like peas and carrots!

What benefit is it to run a mixed squadron? Does the. F35 have Capbilities the 22 doesn't or vice versa?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

I think they will be like the current F-15 and F-16 relationship. While both can perform either ground attack and air to air. One is better suited than the other. The F-22 is mainly an air superiority fighter with a ground attack capability, while the F-35 will better suited to ground attack missions with an air to air capability.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Yep! What is called a "glamor shot" in circles that wish to portray a warm and fuzzy feeling about a person or thing.

Frankly, I would be more interested in a link to a detailed report on how the Chinese almost beat us in building their version of our F-35. But I suppose that is an off-topic issue, subject to being deleted by a mod.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Right on. I can see that working out great.

And aliensun.... They did it the same way the Chinese do anything.... With a massive underpaid labor force and as many fast tracked cheap as possible parts...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Yep! What is called a "glamor shot" in circles that wish to portray a warm and fuzzy feeling about a person or thing.

Frankly, I would be more interested in a link to a detailed report on how the Chinese almost beat us in building their version of our F-35. But I suppose that is an off-topic issue, subject to being deleted by a mod.

That's easy to answer.
Chinese businesses don't have the regulations placed on them by their government. They built a huge dam to control flooding faster than an American company could have gotten approval from the epa.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

great pics...those things just look so intimidating. When I was a little boy i had saved about 20 dollars and mom took me to the mall to buy anything I wanted. Well we walked past a Walden Books and out front they had a book on fighter jets for 19.95..This was back in like the late 80s. I bought the book and spent hours looking at the pictures over and over memorizing each plane and what it was used for. Oddly I hate flying and joined the infantry instead but jets have always fascinated me.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I saw the F-22 doing maneuvers in Myrtle Beach a few years ago. The slow almost stopping in mid air was awesome.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'm still waiting for the chance to see one in person. Had a chance a few month back when they came to Portland but money wasn't right to allow it.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
A match made in Hell for some poor sucker.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
You mean those F 35s actually can fly?
I stand amazed after all the negatives ive heard since the program began.....
Maybe they will turn out to be the real deal after all the bitching.....
But 100 million dollars better buy some serious airplane.....
That's way over a billion bucks a squadron.....operationally expensive if they end up on the receiving end of things.....But I suppose that's why the F22s are paired up with em for right?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Great shots! Where did they originate?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

The aircraft were flying out of Eglin AFB in Florida. They took some Public Affairs shots from another aircraft during the training.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks, Zaph.

(When you start your own Web Site, I will be among the first to join).....

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I wonder if there's any rivalry between the pilots?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Testosterone pumping in fighter jocks? I highly doubt it.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That's like suggesting that fighter pilots MIGHT, just might, have a bit of an ego. Just a tiny one mind you.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I hear boomers got the big ego

"Stinkin birds wouldn't make it out of the back yard without ME!"

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

Boomer egos aren't even on the same planet as fighter pilot ego.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join