It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

525,600 Minutes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The song is actually called Seasons of Love. It's part of the Rent Musical.

I grew up going to plays and musicals, even went to Broadway a few times. I really enjoyed it, too. I was never criticized for it by me peers because I was too busy to ever mention it. Then I grew up a regular man, with regular friends, straight regular friends. I realized recently that Broadway has a stigma and association with the homosexual culture. When you listen to this song think to yourself, is there anything gay about loving every minute of it?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Funny I never associated Broadway with homosexuality. I always associated it with culture and money of course as its pretty expensive . I grew up in New York and went to the theater many times. Even took my kids a couple of times. I'm straight married woman with three grown children. I am married 33 years so I guess I'm an anomaly in that respect but no I don't think people associate Broadway shows with any kind of sexuality or any demographic group at all. Entertainment is for everyone.

reply to: ChefSlug

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I do like that song. Rent is about homosexuality in particular living with the threat of HIV but that's not all of broadway. Don't worry about what others think of your likes or dislikes.
We have a sign on our refrigerator that says Never be satisfied with somebody else's definition of you.
We encourage individuality and being true to yourself.
Let me offer those words to you.
edit on 11192014 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm a straight male and I watch RENT every Christmas. Wonderful musical, don't feel bad.

top topics

join