It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Until it happens to you....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
We can all be a little skeptical in our own ways, but Michael Shermer is the Grand Puba of the skeptic brigade. However, Mr. Shermer recently wrote of his paranormal experience. He writes of his recent experience on his wedding day when a defunct radio mysteriously played a song seemingly intended for his new bride. A little message from the beyond perhaps?

"Jennifer is as skeptical as I am when it comes to paranormal and supernatural phenomena. Yet the eerie conjunction of these deeply evocative events gave her the distinct feeling that her grandfather was there and that the music was his gift of approval. I have to admit, it rocked me back on my heels and shook my skepticism to its core as well. I savored the experience more than the explanation.."

This experience isn't even that 'out there' compared to many who have truly experienced a paranormal event yet it 'shook' his skepticism to its 'core'. Shermer always struck me as kind of smarmy but until it happens to you, you can't quite convey the experience to the eternal disbeliever.

www.michaelshermer.com...

www.collective-evolution.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Goldcurrent
Beautiful story, that's for sure.
The phone rang, with no one calling, when my cousin had a car accident and died. Like he said goodbye. Who knows, if it isn't wishfull thinking. But definetly a beautiful story.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
as much as the story is beautiful in it's bittersweet-ness, it boils down to this:

"with billions of people having billions of experiences every day, there’s bound to be a handful of extremely unlikely events that stand out in their timing and meaning. In any case, such anecdotes do not constitute scientific evidence that the dead survive or that they can communicate with us via electronic equipment."

Just like there was a case of a man struck by lightning some 4 times during his life, and even his tombstone was struck by lightning.
Incredibly rare, but not for that, impossible.
And unfortunately we only can take his word for it, and that is, or course, worth very little.
I can recall at least 2 different things that have happened to me, that stopped me in my tracks, but unfortunately the vagueness of these events, and our very real ignorance, is not sufficient to define them as true.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
It must really suck to be a disbeliever. You feel so sure of yourself that there is nothing else out there untill 1 day you witness it for yourself and you find out everything you believed your whole life was a lie...

A mind cannot evolve unless it's open

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I am sorry you failed to note the significance in your experiences. Unfortunately, this is a symptom of our current societal reality. The rat race bogs the instinctual perceptions of us all. Until you have a moment of clarity, the profundity of synchronistic minutiae will evade you. a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Rofl. I was a skeptic most of my life too til it happen to me. Growing up you watch all these horror movies, hear old camp fire stories, and think this stuff is baloney. Til it happens to you. And when it does happen to you. Then you will believe.

My first paranormal experience was one with not so friendly vibes, I blame myself as I was the one making all the racket. Once I stopped and apologized whatever/whoever it was left me alone. It was a surreal moment for me. Chilled just ran up my spine, and it felt like the air just got really thick and heavy. Even though i was sweating, it felt cold. And it was the middle of summer. I'll never forget it.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I would welcome an account of your experiences on this thread! a reply to: Nemox42

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I've posted my story before. Let me see if I can find the original thread. I thought I did at least. Ill post the story in a bit. It has a bit of a premise to it.
edit on 7-12-2014 by Nemox42 because: (no reason given)

It happen during the summer of 2006. Me and two of my buddies were renting a newly build town house out in southern California. This town house was just built right off the desert, nearby what use to Indian reservation land. Usually at night we were get together and work out in the garage, lift some weights, punch the bag etc. That night the rest of my buddies were done and it was just me in the garage working out quietly alone. I was punching the heavy bag alone in the garage, minding my own business, when suddenly a hear a distinct angry whisper right by my ear. It sounds like someone was whispering loudly right by my ear, as if someone walked up and whisper in my ear. I was startled, i turned around and saw nothing. I was alone in the room, or so I thought.

The air in the room suddenly got very thick and the air felt cold. It was a hot summer night by the way. At first I thought it was my two buddies playing tricks on me. So I walked back into the main-house and realize that my two roomates were asleep and the other was on his computer desk busy with work. Not saying a word to them, I walked back into the garage to finish my work out.

As I kept hitting the bag, I kept getting this intense feeling that i was being glared at. That whoever or whatever in that room, didn't like the noise I was making when i punched that heavy bag. Every time I hit the bag, The metal chain would rattle as It was hanging on the heavy bag. The room filled with this feeling of annoyance and anger. This went on for nearly 10 mins, before I had enough and I turned to the corner of the room, where this thing/person/entity was standing and I just blurred out. I'm Sorry. I started praying for whatever it was to leave me alone. Than in an instant, the room returned to normal. I could tell whoever or whatever it was got the message and left. I stopped my work out and left.

That wasn't the only incident that happen to that house, my roommates would see shadows moving from the corner of our eyes sometimes. Especially the long hall way that leads to our rooms. Often we see someone dart into a room, and feel like someone is watching you.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I work as a real estate agent too. I've had similar incidents happen before in that area. ill relay you another story that happen to me,
Here is an old thread i posted about the story when it first happen to me, back in 2010.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Skeptics and disbeliever's are always going to be just that. Unfortunately, mankind was given a thing called the "ego" and it is apart of this ego that will deny the few with the ability to take a leap of faith and think for theirselves and not be subjected to the opinion's of the many.

I can personally testify that I used to be among this category until, like many others before me, I experienced a sequence of events and visually witnessed things that were beyond explantion. At first I pushed away and denied myself the free will to believe in anything I wanted to believe in, due to embarressment from others, being labelled a "nut job" or worse. However, after years of being witness to many, many unknowns there are only so many blinkers that I can wear.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I grew up in a haunted house so I've never 'not believed' in the paranormal. However, my husband never believed in it until he spent the weekend at my childhood home. After that weekend, he had his eyes wide open and understood that it does happen. Yes, sometimes people don't believe until it happens to them.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Jainine

The funny thing about first time experiences, is either they realize what is happening to them, or they don't. Sometimes we only notice these things, only when we are looking for it, otherwise everyone else wouldn't even notice. Maybe the next time your driving down a dark road and you see a person walking down the road, to only look back in the rear view and see that person gone. Maybe you staying in an old hotel or motel and the curtains keep fluttering when there is no draft in the room. People sometimes go thru entire existence and realize the other side, right up til when they are in their death bed, and the other side comes for them.

new topics

top topics

join