It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tanzania evicting 40,000 people from homeland to make room for Dubai royal family

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
This isn't about race or religion, this is about power and greed.........which in a warped and twisted way is actually kind of worse. At least racists, bigots and zealots have beliefs they adhere to whereas greed and power are just about shafting everyone.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
So where is the UN in all this mess? Don't they protect aboriginal cultures as part of our world heritage? Of course not, it's only a show and where the money flows so too goes their morals. What a shame these simple people who live in harmony with their environment are being abused like this. All to satisfy the big game hunting desires of the Dubious Dubai "royalty".
I suppose enough money can buy one titles these days as well as the ancestral homelands of complete foreigners. If these people get a spear in their ass ends I won't be crying over it. Happy hunting - Masai warriors.

Without turning this into a pro-anti UN debate, if you want UN involvement then make it a public issue. Garner public attention towards it and then approach the UN.

Although, realistically, this is outside their jurisdiction in many ways as it seems to be a perfectly legal (and completely abhorrent) sale.

I would say the best method of dealing with it is simply to refuse to leave. 40'000 or 80'000 (not sure which as both figures mentionned), either way that is a lot of people to forcibly evict, particularly if you can garner the eyes of the world onto your cause.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Just more proof that all any government cares about is money.. They're just going to sell this land and uproot these people from their homeland, just like that?

It's not like it's just one little village, this is 40,000 people we're talking about. Like they said, it's not even about money, they don't want to be compensated in any way. This is where their heritage and culture is. I smell a revolution. Wouldn't blame em.

<< 1   >>

join