It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution is a farce: Evidence

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: flyingfish So I'll ask again, if you agree with evolution, which is based on science which is NOT empirical, unlike the bible which is based on documentation of actual testimony from empirical events, how are you going to easily dismiss it's contents?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

You really have not been reading my posts if you just asked that question. I am a spiritual person, I belong to a religion, I am in training to be clergy in that religion. Said religion is recognized in the US as a 501.3C organisation, which means it is recognized as a religion. I however am not part of one of the Abrahamic paths. I also happen to be a scientist. I am educated as such, and employed as such.

Thus I can not help but doubt your line beginning with "I always read your posts ..." as you clearly have not read what I post. As for the "voice of Joyn Wayne" whatever floats your goat neighbor. I'm however not possessed of a US accent so it's a tad inaccurate '

I actually have read all your post since joining the thread and I remember thinking at the time, how you could be so hardline against creationism or ID, I will probably be pondering for the rest of day how that works out for you.

I confess I am really struggling to see how this was off topic because it is at the very heart of the debate or should be. By removing origin of life out of the scope of a discussion on evolution, you have cleverly made it a one sided argument that leaves you holding all the cards.

We all know that we can't provide any evidence for our points of view, but you can keep coming up with cold hard facts that may or may not have any relevance.

Does the existence of sub species of Hominids actually matter, raking around in the past rather than living in the moment. As I attempted to point out in my previous post, It only matters to physicalists.

If as you say, you are a spiritual person why are you spending your life trying to prove life does not require a divine power to even exist. Sorry about the teasing mate, now where's my fush and chups

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: josehelps

Easy. The same way Christians dismiss the content of the texts of every other religion. Btw, Which supernatural abilities do you believe humans have?
edit on 12-4-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm That's an irrelevant statement. The Supernatural is not bound to the understanding of science.

su·per·nat·u·ral

/ˌso͞opərˈnaCH(ə)rəl/

adjective

adjective: supernatural

1. (of a manifestation or event) attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature.

"a supernatural being"

synonyms:paranormal, psychic, magic, magical, occult, mystic, mystical, superhuman, supernormal; More

rareextramundane

"supernatural powers"

ghostly, phantom, spectral, otherworldly, unearthly, unnatural

"a supernatural being"

unnaturally or extraordinarily great.

"a woman of supernatural beauty"

noun

noun: supernatural; plural noun: supernaturals

1. manifestations or events considered to be of supernatural origin, such as ghosts.

www.google.com...=supernatural+definition

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer Well sure, that's an easy excuse, but if you would have done more homework you would have realized that they are all basically the same, up until their dealings with God. And there is a very good reason for that, just like yourself, they don't understand correctly.

In virtually every account of whats being taught today about the bible, where things don't make sense to someone or anyone for that matter, is the simple fact that they failed to follow the first rule set out in the book. That is, that the bible is based on Supernatural events, and I'm sorry to say, that if you don't have a couple dozen years or more of study into this subject, then you are not qualified to be reading it. In every instance, I can clearly see where people have adopted their own understanding, (which happens to be the opposite understanding of the Supernatural) then they can't understand why it makes no sense.

I myself have studied the subject for over 34 years, so I totally get it, and can tell you the bible is NOT anything about what is being taught right now.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kennyb72

You can struggle all you like, however there are many spiritual people who follow evolution with out an issue. One would be the current Pope.

My spiritual path (Draíocht) is about seeking knowledge through Imbas. Knowledge is knowledge.

Your real problem here is you are trying to make an argument that you and other creationist/IDers can get some traction into. However the OP clearly states "Evolution is a Farce" and then goes right into talking about biological evolution with a dodgy video which uses cryptoids like Nessie as "proof". This may as well use slenderman as proof as well as they've not been identified.

You really are sounding bitter that we (those who do science) play by the rules. We provide facts. If we did not you would be doing the "its all in your minds" or "its another religon" oh wait I believe this has been tried lately, and fell flat on it's arse

Quiet simply neighbor, the T&C of the site, as well as moderator guidance in this thread tell us to stay on topic. Thus the topic is Biological evolution. Not the Big Bang (no life was involved), not planetary evolution, not the creation of the elements, not the presence of organic molecules (complex or simple) in places other than the biosphere of earth, and no not how the first life occurred. All of those are off topic. None of them are involved in the Theory of Evolution. Go look it up. The Theory of evolution deals with one life form changing via genetic mutation over time to another more adapted form of life. Its a generational thing, and it is a long term thing. QED it does not matter how life started,(you can read that bit in the voice of the Rock since that seems to be how you view people) or how the universe was or was not formed. What matters is how life changes.

As for the accent bating? Are you really so insular that you think there is only one accent in New Zealand?

Now chin up and shoulder back old bean.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Pardon the dilatory response. This stuff isn't really that interesting to me any more.
a reply to: Astyanax

Astyanax Hello again. Well you took the words right out of my mouth, After a lot of thought, I have arrived at the conclusion, that with the omission of the other side of the argument, this whole exercise is just a Pi$$ing competition
to see who understand physics more than the other.

There is no room for philosophical or theosophical discourse, which of course completely disarms your detractors. Quite brilliant really, quite sad actually. I will never quite look at evolutionist in the same light from this point forward. It all seams so one sided.

Evolutionists will probably never have a feeling so strong, an intuition so powerful that it completely changes the way you view life, to the extent that you can see evidence for your existence from the moment you open your eyes to the moment you fall asleep.

Keep scratching in the ground guys, if you keep scratching long enough you may even find God there.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: josehelps
a reply to: flyingfish So I'll ask again, if you agree with evolution, which is based on science which is NOT empirical, unlike the bible which is based on documentation of actual testimony from empirical events, how are you going to easily dismiss it's contents?

Please... Enlighten us as to where in the Bible we would find the empirical evidence you seem to think exists? Because when waltzing into the midst of a discussion based on the science involved in evolutionary theory, the onus lies squarely on YOU to support your conjecture laden thesis. Its not the job of anyone else to prove what is ,(whether you like it or agree with it or not ) accepted as sound and supported by empirical evidence demonstrating that evolution is indeed a fact. The world wide consensus of biologists, geneticists, anthropologists et al. Isagreeance with my state,met that evolution is I deed an accepted fact. So if you have an alternate hypothesis that you feel is supported by hard data then please, share it with the class I stead of demanding and posters who favor the truth of evolution repeat the same information and data for the Nth time in this thread alone. You keep talking about the bible and our supernatural origin, Chubb up and lay your hand out on the table for everyone to see. Otherwise you don't have much ground to stand on and no right or reason to demand from others what you aren't willing to do yourself.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

As a scientist I believe it is your job to carefully examine detail. The title of the thread is "Evolution is a farce". That immediately places the argument into two camps, one for evolution and one against evolution as presented by science.

Nowhere in that title did it give you licence to argue your point without considering the counterpoint, but of course you have done precisely that. tut tut.

On a side not, I spent a week in Dunedin before heading off to Central Otago heading for the SNOW!! I just gotta go again soon, I am in withdrawal.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

My spiritual path (Draíocht) is about seeking knowledge through Imbas. Knowledge is knowledge.

Being an esotericist, I completely understand the concepts of Druidism and the power in manipulation of energy through the will of the individual or group, it is referred to in context as summoning elementals though ritual.

Consciousness exists on all plains of existence and there are many evolutionary paths that share our journey. Personally I think it is unkind to disturb them, as the lower elementals are more reactionary than pro-active. The Deva's however are another story and caution should be exercised when dealing with them. But to each their own.

edit on 4-12-2014 by kennyb72 because: capitalisation

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: josehelps

Right. I know what supernatural means, thanks. But, apparently contrary to your understanding, humans do not have supernatural abilities.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

You clearly know nothing about Druidry from those comments. However this is also off topic.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

What you believe does not shape the truth. I've put facts in this thread as have others. Move along.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

You clearly know nothing about Druidry from those comments. However this is also off topic.

Clearly you have no idea what you are dealing with, be careful.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

What you believe does not shape the truth. I've put facts in this thread as have others. Move along.

Off you go then!

edit on 4-12-2014 by kennyb72 because: Quote

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Off topic again. Your beliefs do not shape my reality neighbor. Care to talk about evolution? That would be on topic.

Oh and Devas are not Gaelic, Indo-European sure, but not of my ancestors.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
You fools are arguing over NOTHING.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Off topic again. Your beliefs do not shape my reality neighbor. Care to talk about evolution? That would be on topic.

Oh and Devas are not Gaelic, Indo-European sure, but not of my ancestors.

Care to talk about the counterpoint, as per the thread title, origin of life.

Your ancestors are long gone my friend, the only spirits you will be dealing with are very mischievous.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: WASTYT

You fools are arguing over NOTHING.

Are you talking to this fool or the other fool or all of us fools, please be more specific.

edit on 5-12-2014 by kennyb72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Thats the counter point? The OP states that Evolution is a farce and uses a youtube video with Nessie in it. The counter point is indeed my point of view. Hard scientific facts. You are building a straw house little piggie

Your attempts to try and engage me on my faith are off topic, and transparent. You also are lost if you think you have a point to try and go missionary on me
Stick to the topic of the thread, if you want to debate me on faith... start a thread, I might be bothered to join in.

new topics

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join