It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution is a farce: Evidence

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood
The correct title: Evolution is a farce: My opinion
You can not prove any religion is wrong any more than someone can prove a religion is right.
There is no concrete PROOF that any religion is false, nor is there any to prove any one is correct.
Same goes with evolution. No PROOF either way..

I've got an idea for a game-show : " Name that embryo " ...

www.talkorigins.org...
edit on 19-11-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I think you take a bible and hammer a blessed ice pick into your brain?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
I'm convinced.

The evidence that humans lived with dinosaurs is irrefutable.

Even Madame Blavatsky said so.

OP, where do I sign up for my born-again lobotomy?

Well...Technically he's right, birds are the descendants Dinosaurs.

You guys ever hear of thelivingdinosaur?...Geez.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I've been saying this for a long time now. Evolution is just a religion hiding behind the badge of science. The ones who call non believers ignorant and such are just showing their own ignorance. As the video states science is based on observation and experimentation.

If something cannot be observed in nature or reproduced through experimentation it is not science. Pretty simple right? Apparently not. They say we can observe it in the fossil record. Well the fossil record proves that creatures existed, it does not prove how they came to be.

What really gets me is that these same people say that ancient creation stories are just myths made up by people in order to explain the natural world however they fail to realize that that is exactly what the theory of evolution is. The theory (or hypothesis is a better definition for it) has no basis in science and is just a made up story to explain the natural world. DUH

The scientific method was created (not evolved) in order to keep religious stuff out of the field of provable science but it has been thrown out the window when it comes to evolution.

What a world.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: johnnyBgood
Your definition of science would rule out most of geology and astronomy, also large chunks of chemistry, physics and biology.
In fact most scientific progress since enlightenment.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: johnnyBgood

WOW you got so much wrong in one post it makes me wonder if you have ever learned anything about the subject outside of bible class.

It really makes me wonder if someone taught you that stuff or if you came to those conclusions on your own. I just would like to know what part of society failed you/us by putting those thoughts in your head.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I hesitate to interject anything into the ongoing discussion but I should try. Problem is I don't have much knowledge of either side be it religion or science...I suppose I am stupid.

However it would seem the two theories can compliment one another, the story from the bible if one reminds themselves that it is a story first of oral origins and later written by many men most certainly with their own agendas and well frankly...their own belief, a literal translation just cannot be taken seriously, and I say this without intending to offend or ridicule another' s belief, simply a strong opinion of my own.

Evolution is a theory never fully brought to fruition because of such a backlash from the creationist believers and many hucksters looking to cash in on the idea with fake remains and other chicanery.

However it is an idea I find intriguing that God, using faith to believe in a higher power, used evolution to continue the project he started. we can see evidence of evolution today in viruses and even living breathing beings, we refer to these as mutations or adaptations. Isn't this all evolution is ? A change in the genes that make up not only animals but plants. One gene turns off and another 200 turn on, bound to be some changes involved.

The Human Genome Project started in 1984 as far as planning and was announced complete in 2003 but I do not believe they actually studied every variant and hardly sequenced every gene, only those that led to a known disease. I could be wrong, I warned you that I am a bit stupid in the beginning here, it just seems such a moot point to argue one theory against another when neither offers proof and really scant evidence to support themselves, after all let us remember that they are both only theories.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Well your reply isn't bad but I am not sure what you mean by they are both theories. I hope you are not saying religion and evolutionary theory are comparable theories because that would be incredibly incorrect.

One is a scientific theory and he other I guess could be called a theory but is really folklore but even if it can be classified as a theory it isn't meeting any burden of proof.

Oh wo I haven't explained this in a while here just look at my signature there is a link to the explanation between scientific theory and the layman's definition of theory. There really is a huge difference between the two.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I think a thread laying out the differences between a layman's definition of theory vs scientific definition of theory should be stickied in this forum.

edit on 11-20-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: go mods

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I kinda feel bad for the guy he seems conflicted. There has to be something wrong for him to be clinging to fantasy and be claiming the end is nigh almost like hoping for it. I am not sure what he gets out of these hit and run threads. It is real hard for me to imagine anyone actually buying into the videos he keeps posting. So I don't think he really does either which is why he avoids talking about the content is them.

Maybe he is on the fence about the video content himself and this is his way of asking others if they hold any water. It is hard to say with this one but I am sure there is more going on that is being let on.

You love talking about me don't you? Want to write my biography? You can call it 'The delusional Christian who killed a million people, even though he didn't, he's still a... Christian though...'

You'd sell more copies than the Bible at this rate, and you've already wrote half of it down in my last few threads. Just because I don't respond to your offensive comments, doesn't mean you should make it your life mission to defame my character. Any other thread about any other topic and your posts would have been deleted by now.

It's gone past the point of you 'disputing' me and into the realm of you just being an ass. Congratulations. I don't care. But by all means, keep making yourself look like you have absolutely no decency whatsoever.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
To people you have an issue getting their heads around the world, universe and the kardasians (Nope, cant spell it and not even going to look up that name out of some sort of shallow pride.. I know about these people but I refuse to add to their so called "fame").

Also

First video: Yep, fuzzy on the details but... just watch and open your mind
edit on 3002America/Chicagokamb2014201422America/Chicago by thekaboose because: Dat crash course

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Any atheists please go to this thread and answer the questions posed. No videos, just a couple of questions from me. Once you've answered them and given me an adequate answer, feel free to continue bashing me.

If you can't answer those questions, I will ASSUME that you are incapable therefore you cannot tell me ANYTHING about the origins of mankind.

If that doesn't tickle your fancy and make you want to prove me wrong I don't know what will. Give the questions a chance and answer them properly please.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

I am sure you know how to alert the mods if you think you're being defamed. Not once have I called you an ass or ignorant in your threads but you have called me that. So you can stop with the persecution routine.

Is this just another hit and run or do you plan on discussing the replies to your OP because you really haven't so far.

BTW what is that bit about killing a million people. Where are you pulling that from or should I even as. Seriously that doesn't make a bit of sense to me.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

You are right of course, but many do look at Creationism as a theory be it layman's or scientific.Creationist do make an attempt in using the scientific method but fail to provide the explanation of how and why other than to hold up the book and say because God says as there is no way to recreate this in the lab. The Theory of Evolution is not a hunch or guess but a substantiated and documented observation, and when one thinks about it (again my flawed thinking) the Bible actually in a way substantiates evolution itself, after all Jesus himself evolved, he was dead then he evolved back into life and was again one with God, so hmm, and I am back to stupid again, but I will read of the differences between layman's theory and scientific theory...thanks

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Oh hear we go, ANOTHER hit and run thread (what's it got to do with evolution, again? Oh yeah, nothing) from the op. As for "bashing" (lol) you, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen (I.e. stop making threads). Can't really see anyone taking you up on your offer seeing as you stop engaging when the going gets tough in your current threads. Hubris + ignorance does not make for a good OP.
edit on 20-11-2014 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

I believe in God, saved my live, nice chap. Doesn't mind me now and then talking crap about him, because it knows where it is coming from.
I love Darwin. I love sciences. I love provable facts, like evolution.

Believe is like God, per definition, something unprovable.
Unlike creationism, which is not only disproven, over and over, it is like a line, where you can seperate, the logical working brains, from the blind followers. (It is kind of funny actually, creationism... who believes in that?)
Trust me no God likes blind believers... because it is antipodal to evolution, we have to evolve, in our personal tiny lives just as much as in a general community
edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopThursdayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Thats a very good question
My issue is not aimed at death tolls.
I didnt start the comment suggesting that creationists were akin to Isis. I replied to it.
I was trying to balance ignorance.
My point is that humanity is flawed, many people for what ever reason destroy and kill.
Singling out creationists and comparing them to Isis. It can be done
Singling out atheist evolutionists, comparing them to Isis. It can be done

I am just a little tired of the us verses them mentality here, both sides have their fair share of nutters.

Lets see the truth, not a view based on unchallenged ignorance.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: borntowatch
Yes I am in the camp of creation, eden and Adam and Eve. Sorry to shatter your illusions. I can only go with what I believe.
Being an evolutionist would be so much easier and I would face less ridicule
I have spent years studying
Its hard to admit to, but it is what it is.

I'm curious. Aside from the Bible, what exactly have you been spending years studying in regards to Eden & Adam and Eve??

It doesnt really matter does it.
I have made a decision, clearly wrong to you.
You dont believe dinosaurs walked with humans, I do. watch the clip and then comment.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Ok... Ill bite

'What would be proof of God existing for you?'
My answer: If the actual 'God' contacted me directly. Explained the details and showed me a few tricks (same things as the first few guys he contacted)

'What would have to happen for you to go 'OH.. yeah, ok' '
My answer: Probally the conclusion of the above answered question

'IS there anything that would do that? If God physically entered your room, performed a miracle and proclaimed that Jesus was his son and rose from the dead would you believe it or would you think you were hallucinating? Or would you 'Just know'? '
My answer: Again the same response from me because of the very first question.

Now shall we discuss?

Just wanted to point out the last question of yours and ask my own.

What if God physically entered your room, performed a miracle and proclaimed that Mohammid was his prophet?

I respect your beliefs and willing to discus about Evolution seriously. First before we both can discuss EVOLUTION and the rights,wrongs and lefts. We must have neutrality.

I was born a Catholic, Still A beliver in something but havent decided
. Hows about we continue our discussion as if there was no Religion.

Ill start, in the videos, the possibility of Dinosaurs and Humans were in the same time line, essentially 'walking side by side'

Now the evidence they put forward wasnt quite satisfactory for my needs but willing to entertain the idea. My question is where we find today many species that are nearly fully preserved such as Mamoths that have been in our timeline. Also the use of dwellings for example where bones/tusks were used. Yet why not any dinos?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique Perhaps the only FARCE here may be the criteria here for getting a membership here !, nah know it's just a thread idea, but your title would really give all the (or lack thereof) creationists a throbbing wood. Anyways, cool thread, but no.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join