It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution is a farce: Evidence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

The OP isn't even trying to present a case that evolution was guided he is presenting the arguments from YEC completely ignoring science.

If someone wants to say all of creation was influenced by something intelligent it seems far fetched to me but everyone is entitled to their opinion either for or against it. I would need some evidence of such but like I said the OP isn't even presenting such an argument so it is moot here.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Was that even supposed to be evidence? If so what exactly was it supposed to be evidence of?

Sodomite semen in starbucks lattes.....

whoops, wrong thread...i think..
edit on 11-19-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Where is all the data that may support a young earth OP?

I enjoy YouTube as much as the next guy but need something I can really sink my teeth into if I want to be more than simply entertained. In previous threads you've mentioned there are outspoken scientists who have evidence evolution is a farce. Why not tell us who they are and link some of their papers etc.?
edit on 11-19-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: curme
a reply to: TechUnique

At 23:08 in the first video he says the most common dinosaur we find in our time is the plesiosaur, and mentions the 'credible' evidence of Loch Ness and Champ in Lake Champlain. 'Nuff said.

That's the easy way out. Just cos you disagree with a couple things throw the whole lot in the trash. Typical.

Is that not what you have been trying to do with evolution?

What was it you said? Oh...thats right. Typical.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Making no attempt to understand the thing you're trying to prove false is not denying ignorance. Expecting us to watch hours of videos when he admits to having no interest in our positions is hypocritical. Accusing us of indoctrination because we don't agree with his position on evolution, instead of asking why, is absurd. "Apply Ignorance" should be his motto.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

originally posted by: borntowatch

Hitler was not an atheist FYI. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

But Hitler loved Darwin and how his book suggested "inferior" people were just animals

The fact you have decided to defend means you have no concept of my position.
Evolutionists, atheists, fundamentalists, Christian, whatever.
Dont take and blame one type of person, the attitude that causes Isis type responses is in peoples hearts, not just their beliefs

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
a reply to: borntowatch

Come on man, I know you're better than that! We can agree that many people have killed others for many reasons and whatever their beliefs were they felt justified in some way shape or form. You mention Hitler as an evolutionist but he was also a Catholic. I understand many Christians don't consider the Catholics as "true Christians" but that ultimately comes down to semantics. You can't really deny that religious fundamentalists on any side will go to extreme lengths for their beliefs. That makes Logman's comment more understandable does it not? I know we both have differing opinions in regards to the Bible. But I would hate this thread to devolve into a "he said, she said" type of argument. You and I both know the reality is people are capable of horrific deeds. Whatever they feel their motivation is. And whether or not it is justified is a matter of perspective. I do not know if you fall into the young Earth creationist category or not. But I would like to think that you do not. Those beliefs are archaic. While you and I don't agree on the subject of Christianity I have not considered you one to ignore or deny that which is evident. By that, I mean the fact that the Earth is far older than 6,000 years, and evolution. Neither of those things has to disprove your beliefs by the way. If anything they should give you a deeper appreciation for the mechanisms you attribute to God. Understanding the beauty of life, whatever you may attribute it to, is an awe inspiring thing. Let neither of us let those who abuse that understanding get the better of our emotions.

I dont deny religious fundamentalists of any persuasion are crazy.
What annoys me is how some suggest that all those who believe in a young earth are crazy and those who think down on creationist dont self reflect on the root of their own opinion.
Its arrogance, pride and it verges on hate.

Its sad that others cant accept some peoples opinion, right or wrong.
From my position, young earth creationists havnt (as of yet) killed more people than Darwinists.

I dont like this us and them mentality, I accept people who believe in Darwins theory, disagree, but hey, if it floats your boat and you dont have a race orientated superiority complex, fine.

and just on the young earth thing. Yes I am in the camp of creation, eden and Adam and Eve. Sorry to shatter your illusions. I can only go with what I believe.
Being an evolutionist would be so much easier and I would face less ridicule
I have spent years studying
Its hard to admit to, but it is what it is.

and just to clarify, Hitler was a spiritualist, I never said he was an atheist. I stated Hitler was an evolutionist.... whos policy of destruction of race was based on Darwins teachings.

My point being that if Isis style violence is comparable to any other belief system, well you know the rest.
But hey, people read what they see and or want to.
edit on b2014Thu, 20 Nov 2014 03:29:28 -0600113020144am302014-11-20T03:29:28-06:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
Yes I am in the camp of creation, eden and Adam and Eve. Sorry to shatter your illusions. I can only go with what I believe.
Being an evolutionist would be so much easier and I would face less ridicule
I have spent years studying
Its hard to admit to, but it is what it is.

I'm curious. Aside from the Bible, what exactly have you been spending years studying in regards to Eden & Adam and Eve??

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I kinda feel bad for the guy he seems conflicted. There has to be something wrong for him to be clinging to fantasy and be claiming the end is nigh almost like hoping for it. I am not sure what he gets out of these hit and run threads. It is real hard for me to imagine anyone actually buying into the videos he keeps posting. So I don't think he really does either which is why he avoids talking about the content is them.

Maybe he is on the fence about the video content himself and this is his way of asking others if they hold any water. It is hard to say with this one but I am sure there is more going on that is being let on.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Why does evolution vs creation have to have anything to do with who has killed more or who has a complex? The diversity of life is an amazing thing whether or not there was a creator. Yes perhaps a misunderstanding of "survival of the fittest" has lead some people to do some pretty horrific things. God and the Bible have been used to justify some pretty horrible things as well. But as I said, it shouldn't even be about who has done more evil and what they used to justify it. Evolution isn't a science about racial superiority. It's about the diversity of life nothing more.

Btw I'm not sure how many people, if any, refer to themselves as Darwinist. The theory of evolution has advanced far beyond many of his ideas about it.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

He's a slow reader.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

You seem to recite many of your religions verses very often. Also in your post you claim that science is fact and all the evidence is solid yet you then admit it is theories. I sense much confusion in your belief system.

I'm absolutely in awe that people posting in this forum are still trotting out the tired idiom of "It's just a theory" when its been gone over ad nauseum by so many posters in obviously vain attempts to explain the very specific differences between what it takes to for something to become a scientific theory, (which for the record is a well substantiated explanation based on facts, laws and tested hypothesis that can be independently recreated) and the definition of a laymans theory which is essentially the equivalent to a hunch that Scooby and the gang have while smoking a doob in the back of the mystery machine. I really and truly pity people like you who have no intention of educating themselves. Just for some additional context, Gravity is just a theory, atomic theory( structure of an atom), cell theory( cells form the basic, fundamental structural and functional units of all living organisms) just to name a few theories that are indisputable facts.

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: GetHyped

There is no such thing as empirical evidence. It is just what it takes for many to believ an ever changing religion. What will all of your so called empire of science look like in a hundren yrs compared to today. You can get a glimpse of the changes in the religion by just looking back 100yrs.

Possibly one of the most utterly ignorant responses possible. Denying the validity of a century and a half of research because biologists, geneticists, anthropologists, paleontologists et al. continue to strive for a more comprehensive understanding of every possible facet of modern evolutionary synthesis is, for lack of a better descriptor... Just plain dumb and can only be the result of willful and purposeful ignorance. Not only that, the arrogance it takes to misrepresent science in general while clinging to an anachronistic faith that was the byproduct of the methodmmfor controlling of a mostly illiterate Bronze Age society is simply astounding. Interestingly, Christianity is an evolution itself of the original Hebrew scripture. How's that for irony?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I've thought a lot about it and have a few ideas but I won't go into it here.

I more or less agree though, but wouldn't necessarily say "something wrong".

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Why do evolution threads always have to have someone bring up "survival of the fittest". Its not like evolution has stayed unchanged over the last 100 or so years. As our understandings have grown, so have our theories. Evolution is one of them. But people bring up "survival of the fittest" as the central tenant of evolution. Its not. Indeed the only people who seem to cling to it are the creationists who wish to deny, and the social Darwinists (who again have nothing to do with evolution)..

Sorry its just a bugbear of mine, IF you are going to pick on something, pick on the current model

Also I know you are not any of this, I am just jumping in here to rant.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

I get very confused with IDers and creationists who are so opposed to the idea that Evolution happens. I mean seriously it does not contradict the bible what so ever. What it might do is hurt their sensibilities? But if ones ego is that fragile one is in for a rough ride

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

It contradicts a literal interpretation of Genesis.

Everything was created in six days didn't you know?

I can respect the theist's views, even though I don't agree with them. For me, I need more than subjective experiences. It's hard to believe anyone could take some of the things in their religious texts literally though. How many of these people do you think reject the science behind evolution but accept the science behind ever advancing understanding in medicine for example.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Well then not living as long as some of the beings in the early parts of the bible must be really insulting to them then
They best get on it

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Absolutely. The concepts aren't mutually exclusive and can coexist in the same framework. Its not my personal belief, but just because I'm not convinced of the existence of an occasionally benevolent super powered deity doesn't mean that one day somethimg may convince me otherwise. I'm open to any possibilities if the hypothesis can be backed by evidence. If the data is solid them that's where I go, pretty simple.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

See I've no horse in the spiritual side of this arguement, I'm neither an atheist nor a member of an Abrahamic faith. I do have a stake in the false anti-evolution claims. But It really returns to the naysayers pretty much using non-canonical sources, or pulling "god said" out of their rears, with out scripture backing them up. If you can't be consistent with your faith, don't type about it eh?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I'm convinced.

The evidence that humans lived with dinosaurs is irrefutable.

Even Madame Blavatsky said so.

OP, where do I sign up for my born-again lobotomy?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join