It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution is a farce: Evidence

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: borntowatch

At this point in the thread we sort of already have given screeds of evidence. So it is up to you to read what has been presented rather than repeat the line "evidence or shut up" that your comrades in Jesus have also shouted about.

You have given ABSOLUTELY no evidence at all, smoke and mirrors at best.

I have been asked to explain why I dont believe in evolution and I answered and nothing, not a single reply, nothing at all.

Your words are not backed up by actions.

No evidence given at all, so if I may "evidence or shut up".

Or do you get to choose the questions I have to ask, then the questions you answer.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: Barcs

The problem here is these creationists wish us to accept what they say on faith, but want us to prove things 100% to have our POV taken seriously. Double standards much??

Oh thats so wrong, you wish, you wish.
I accept that you believe in evolution, I accept it.
Well done, good luck to you and all

My belief is a faith, so is yours.
Your comments indicate that the evidence is lacking, that 100% proof doesnt exist.

Its not double standards, God is faith, you claim evolution is science. Thats not the same thing, its not a double standard, your argument is foolish.

Evolution is a pseudo science comparable to astrology,

Do you understand double standard

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Yeah, except absolutely nothing that you just posted is true.

Evolution is not a faith, and requires no belief. Evidence can be reviewed which establishes the facts.

If you want to compare something with astrology, try religion: (Protip) they're basically the same thing.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: borntowatch

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The foundation needs to be set before the roof.

Thanks Kent Hovind, you are the man.

With this statement, you've just shown that your foundation is being built with particle board. Maybe try some academic journals instead?

So clever so witty, great point scoring
except
You kinda know you believe in evolution and I dont.
I am the one asking for scientific evidence, you are the one believing evolution in a vacuum, the pseudo science.
Your evolution is part of a progressive time line that doesnt have a start.

Well if you had actually looked at the wisdom of my witty retort then you would have seen that the evidence you are asking for is IN those academic journals. That being where all the scientists post their claims and evidence. Just because you don't want to look at it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And then you can actually be INFORMED about the debate we are having instead of coming to the table only with strawmans like your hero Kent Hovind, the fraud.

In any case, it's not like I haven't offered you evidence for the things you are asking for before. You just ignore it and pretend like it doesn't exist. We went through this song and dance with your evolution = all science thread.

Believe it or not, I've actually had respectful and intelligent conversations with Creationists, but only after they have demonstrated that they know what they are talking about. YOU have not demonstrated that yet. Though if you did decide to become adequately informed about evolution, I wouldn't hesitate to respect your opinion a bit more. Trust me, I've done it before on these forums.

My foundation is God,
your foundation is the issue not mine, yours is not a particle board, yours is absolutely nothing, at best a series of over educated guesses with nil evidence to show

The irony in this is palpable.

I dont think I will honour your comments with a reply based on the fact that you are insincere.
You have offered all you have got and thats absolutely nothing.

Thanks anyway

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Yeah, except absolutely nothing that you just posted is true.

Evolution is not a faith, and requires no belief. Evidence can be reviewed which establishes the facts.

If you want to compare something with astrology, try religion: (Protip) they're basically the same thing.

Well Gryph, if its science then show me irrefutable evidence.
Its in your court

If not then have a good one

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

You haven't given me good reason to do so. Until you actually READ the evidence that people provide you, I'm not going to humor your requests for evidence. It's just a waste of time on my part since you are more interested in sticking your fingers in your ears and squeezing your eyes shut.

Conversations are two way streets buddy, you actually have to reciprocate properly in order for the other party to desire to continue discussing something intelligently with you. You can pretend it's my fault all you want, but I cite your post history not just with me, but with everyone else in this thread and others you have participated in. The problem lies with you.

By the way, I post evidence for evolution in literally every post I post in. If you click the link in my signature, there is a well sourced thread I authored that provides much of what you ask for.
edit on 26-11-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

I would love to, sadly though I dont have one question, I have hundreds, thousands.

I did not ask you what questions you had. I asked you what evidence — if any — would be required in order for you to accept that evolution by natural selection is the cause of the variation between different species.

Are you going to answer my question or are you going to keep evading it?

What are you so afraid of?

Its a silly question.
Bit like me asking you what bible verse makes you not believe in the bible.

Then to add insult to stupidity I could say
How could I explain that bible verse so you can accept the whole bible.

Do you get it, understand?
Please if you dont tell me and I will explain it another way.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The willful and purposeful ignorance displayed in this thread and many other threads by those denying all the evidence for evolution, and in most cases making up false information regarding evolution, sprang to mind when watching this vid:

Having never witnessed such behavior first hand, I found it to be fascinating. And i'm left wondering whether or not those denying evolution in this thread would behave in the same manner if they were to visit a museum?
edit on 26-11-2014 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Its a silly question.

There is no resemblance between the two questions whatsoever.

I understand perfectly. You lack the courage and the honour to admit the truth, which is that no amount of evidence, however convincing and irrefutable, would make you accept the theory of evolution by natural selection.

Since this is what I set out to show, I am satisfied.

Anyone who wastes further time on you is on a hiding to nothing. I hope my fellow evolutionists posting in this thread will take the point. Indeed, I hope everybody does.

edit on 26/11/14 by Astyanax because: I really do hope everybody does.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

well s**t, how can anyone argue with that?

ffs man, all you're doing is moving the goalposts around..

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

so what you're really saying is that since you can't argue the facts and evidence, you'll ignore it, claim it doesn't exist, and run away as fast as you can?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Neighbor, you need to learn to read what people have typed. Rather than come here to troll

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

You also need to learn the definitions of science and pseudo science

modeoflife.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Someone dropped the name of Kent Hovind earlier, which made me laugh.
58 felony charges and a ten year prison sentence for tax evasion iirc.
For those who don't know about the man's credentials...

Kent Hovind - Wikipedia
Kent Hovind's Dissertations - Rational Wiki
The actual 1991 Dissertation.

No comment. I think I've been bitter enough so far.
I'd rather try to twist once again the creationist's mind in another way.

A friend of mine brought to my attention an individual who sounds obviously more credible than Kent Hovinds on the subject of Divine creation. And holocaust denial ... yes, no one is perfect in the sector apparently.
And when I mean credible, let's say he is decently educated and tries to have more pragmatic approach.
Please Ladies and Gentlemen’s welcome : Harun Yahya

The problem for some posters is, that he tries to prove his point with the considerations of the Sunni Islam.

edit on 26-11-2014 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: filled out

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Connector

Pure gold, my friend. I love how the lady starts off with "I don't even know how to pronounce this word, but." Clearly, she's an authoritative figure on the subject.
She even used the classic "if X evolved from Y then why is Y still here" argument. This does indeed define the thread. Denial of evidence. Now if only they would admit it and move on instead of polluting threads with ignorance. Keep your faith separate from our science.
edit on 26-11-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

How many times are you going to repeat this lie? You haven't addressed the evidence. Until you do, you are just plugging your ears and pretending you didn't hear anything. Pretty sad actually. Is an honest discussion about a topic, too much for you to handle? The evidence was provided and you denied it with no explanation at all. That's on you. Don't be upset with us because you disagree with the evidence. Show us where it's wrong. Prove that you know anything about the subject you are speaking of.

Genetic mutations are measurable, and natural selection is proven via experimentation. Until you can dispute those facts, you aren't talking about anything relevant, just preaching as usual. I hope that helps you sleep at night. Really strange that a religious fundamentalist would ignore the 8th commandment so blatantly.
edit on 26-11-2014 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

Its a silly question.

There is no resemblance between the two questions whatsoever.

I understand perfectly. You lack the courage and the honour to admit the truth, which is that no amount of evidence, however convincing and irrefutable, would make you accept the theory of evolution by natural selection.

Since this is what I set out to show, I am satisfied.

Anyone who wastes further time on you is on a hiding to nothing. I hope my fellow evolutionists posting in this thread will take the point. Indeed, I hope everybody does.

Congratulations, well done you finally cracked the nut.

Dont waste time parroting or arguing with me.
Yes I am as you say....well done

You evolutionists here are akin to Mormon door knockers, Scientology street preachers with their little clip boards.

Believe this and you will be .....whatever

I am not interested in your arguments, persuasions.
I am only interested in cold hard evidence, something lacking in these arguments

Take Talk Origins take on speciation
Fire Weed evolved in to (believe it or not) Fire weed. Really thats the truth, speciation, goat weed became goat weed.
Cichlid fish became Cichlid fish
Mice on an island became a separate species of mouse

You say speciation, I call adaptation, but hey, you can win, its more important to you than me

My fave science daily quote

There are three main ideas concerning the emergence of new species (Modes of Speciation), each based on the degree to which populations undergoing this process are geographically isolated from one another (allopatric speciation, sympatric speciation, parapatric speciation).

www.sciencedaily.com...

Now just concentrate on what the word idea means in context.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

How many times are you going to repeat this lie? You haven't addressed the evidence. Until you do, you are just plugging your ears and pretending you didn't hear anything. Pretty sad actually. Is an honest discussion about a topic, too much for you to handle? The evidence was provided and you denied it with no explanation at all. That's on you. Don't be upset with us because you disagree with the evidence. Show us where it's wrong. Prove that you know anything about the subject you are speaking of.

Genetic mutations are measurable, and natural selection is proven via experimentation. Until you can dispute those facts, you aren't talking about anything relevant, just preaching as usual. I hope that helps you sleep at night. Really strange that a religious fundamentalist would ignore the 8th commandment so blatantly.

Yes you have linked dubious sites, I could challenge all of them.
Sorry if you cant win the war.
I dont believe your evidence, a mouse becoming a mouse is not speciation, its adaptation. Yes it is evolution, but not a part of evolution I deny.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Yeah its not a pure pseudo science it does have peer reviews. Though we all know how valid they can be.

95% pseudo science

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Ditto that is some seriously funny denial of evidence!

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join