It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution is a farce: Evidence

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: borntowatch

why are there so many different elements

Why are their so many new life forms we are finding from deep water. What deep sea diving gear did noah use to grab them. How big was the aqaurium he used...what was it built from- Plasteel?

Haven't you seen Waterworld? Sheesh! God obviously gave him gills.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Cool..thanks for clarifying. The thing about knowing someone through the "lens of the net" as to whether respect is deserved or not is kind of moot don't you think? I meant I respected you by your posts in good faith - take it how you like,

no worries, we're good.

Hubbard did well for himself financially through his cult. I dont think the creationists or YECs are up to his money making skills. I dont think you can "blanket" all creationists with the same "lock em up in sea.org and bleed them financially" as Scientology does

true, the difference is that ALL of Scientology is complete insanity....i feel sorry for the people who have devoted themselves to it, and i feel even WORSE for the ones who want to get out, but are trapped. with YEC, there are always zealots, and lunatics in EVERY group(whether that group is of a religious nature, or not), and then there are the ones who just live, believe what they believe, don't try to convert people, and don't belittle, ridicule, or divorce themselves (socially) from people who don't think and believe as they do..

as to financial assets...i'm pretty sure the Scientology nutters haven't built a full-on museum yet...
edit on 11-25-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-25-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

lol, "heathen".. you know, you can make that your forum custom title...

anyways, i wasn't "mad"....getting mad at a crazy person on the internet would be a colossal waste of time, effort, and energy...i was simply running through it logically.

see, and this is what the rabbid ones haven't noticed yet....i never said "there is no god", i said "there is no proof of god existing". it is entirely possible that life on earth was created by some external intelligence. i've never ruled out the possibility entirely, as that would be closed-minded, and ignorant....whether the entity responsible is really the amalgamation we see in the biblical "god" of the various Abrahamic faiths, or one or more of the various other deities we see in religions all over the world, or even some extra-terrestrial species...i really can't say. all i've said is that blindly believing a fairy tail is real, and never questioning anything, is incredibly ignorant...

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: borntowatch

The foundation needs to be set before the roof.

Thanks Kent Hovind, you are the man.

With this statement, you've just shown that your foundation is being built with particle board. Maybe try some academic journals instead?

So clever so witty, great point scoring
except
You kinda know you believe in evolution and I dont.
I am the one asking for scientific evidence, you are the one believing evolution in a vacuum, the pseudo science.
Your evolution is part of a progressive time line that doesnt have a start.

My foundation is God,
your foundation is the issue not mine, yours is not a particle board, yours is absolutely nothing, at best a series of over educated guesses with nil evidence to show

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Do you make compounds or just sell stuff over the counter, I guess I am asking are you a cook or checkout chick

So a pharmacist cannot sell stuff? A checkout operator cannot be a male? Wow you're starting to sound more like that Roman lover Zealot Paul..who twisted Jesus sayings into a new roman cult. He was a great mysogonist too. Your passive aggressive underdress slip is showing.

Oh excuse me for being so politically incorrect, the shame I feel.(sarcasm)
Sadly I am not from the US and we tend not to be, maybe just a little more robust.
Yes many where I come from call males who work at checkouts, checkout chicks, didnt think it would hurt any ones feelings, my apologies.
As for a cook, yes, most Chemists work filling scripts, very few now days mixing medicines. My mistake was assuming that he/she (I dont know their gender) was a pharmacist.
Passive aggressive? If my passive aggressive slip is showing then does that surprise you, I just follow a Roman cult run by Paul.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
This will never happen. Creationists are raised on faith and told that it cannot be questioned, so they apply this mentality to everything in the world, regardless of what it actually means. They just blindly keep attacking and slapping the mosquitoes away from their face and at the same time say the mosquitoes do not exist. It's quite comical when folks like BlackManINC provide zero evidence of their own, they only deny everyone else's without explanation or reason.

I was raised on a diet of solid evolution theory, became a Christian late in life and only started accepting evolution as a pseudo science within the last 5 years.
I believe every detail of the bible should be studied and tested to the finest detail
It's quite comical when folks like evolutionists provide zero evidence of their own, they only deny everyone else's without explanation or reason.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

why are there so many different elements

Why are their so many new life forms we are finding from deep water. What deep sea diving gear did noah use to grab them. How big was the aqaurium he used...what was it built from- Plasteel?

You know that sea life can live in flood water, deep sea water is deep and in water. Dont think they needed an ark and protection from a flood.
Who knows maybe they did

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I was raised on a diet of solid evolution theory, became a Christian late in life and only started accepting evolution as a pseudo science within the last 5 years.

How could this possibly be true when you know nothing about evolution or even how the word is applied in the modern English language? If you were raised on the theory of evolution, you were lied to about it. Sorry, I ain't buying it.

I believe every detail of the bible should be studied and tested to the finest detail

Agreed, but the problem is proving the accuracy of the original authors, and determining which stories are true and which are embellished or metaphorical to teach morality. I wish there were more scientists out there that attempted to run god experiments, but none of these hardcore fundamentalists end up becoming scientists or even objectively looking beyond mere text.

It's quite comical when folks like evolutionists provide zero evidence of their own, they only deny everyone else's without explanation or reason.

Just because the statement applies to you, doesn't mean it applies to science supporters. Stop projecting your own insecurities onto others. Countless evidence has been provided by myself and others, to you specifically. It has been ignored without even a slight explanation.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

My foundation is God

sooooo, in other words, "nothing"?

or, to put it more elaborately; "absolutely nothing, at best a guess, based on a book, with nil evidence to show"

why do you feel the need to dismiss anything that challenges your personal beliefs?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

except for that whole annoying boiling thing...

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Let's see, evolution, evolution ... that's an idea that has been developed by some of the brightest minds we have any record of having existed, based on direct observation of material objects that I myself or anyone else can go look at, hold in my hand, measure and study, and see the logical success of the descriptive framework called evolution to quantify and qualify the data ...

or ...

An idea based on material that has been translated and retranslated for one political "necessity" after another and has its origin on data pieced together from scraps of documents authored over several thousand years, all of which contradict each other in some way, telling us that the world was created in seven actual days (even though the sun itself doesn't show up until the 3rd day) by an invisible being that generally only speaks (at least in modern terms) to the clinically insane?

That's quite a choice. Yessiree.
edit on 18Tue, 25 Nov 2014 18:31:25 -060014p0620141166 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Grab some popcorn and watch this thread in a vid

I find it highly ironic that the followers of Jesus are the only ones blatantly making insults, including physical threats of violence, towards other members. It's the cherry on the top with sprinkles

Dudes/dudettes, there is no point.....the only thing to change these peoples minds is if god came down himself and showed them their ignorance that evolution has nothing to do with creation and can co-exist with Xtian religion. Even then, it would be attributed to satan in disguise....just like they view the current pope. How many times have you had to explain the diff between theory and scientific theory? Bang Bang....that's heads hitting walls.

So much evolutionary science has been shared, with nominal to no reciprocation. Instead of providing information, they'd rather just attack seeming holes in science. Ya know the old "God in Gaps" method? The science of classical antiquity.....in other words, philosophy......before we had scientific method and separation of belief from results. No worries, guesses and opinions have never trumped science

The only reason I peruse these threads anymore is for amusement and hopefully to pick up some breaking research links.

Creationists...you've found us out! We're here to stray you from the one true God!!! The conspiracy is afoot! EvoRelig™ members...study meeting 3pm next Sunday...my basement
Discussion topic "Epic of Gilgamesh" lol

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

farce - a comedy that aims at entertaining the audience through situations that are highly exaggerated, extravagant, and thus improbable.

You know what's really a farce? Every religion ever.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

At this point in the thread we sort of already have given screeds of evidence. So it is up to you to read what has been presented rather than repeat the "evidence or shut up" line that your comrades in Jesus have also shouted about.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

The problem here is these creationists wish us to accept what they say on faith, but want us to prove things 100% to have our POV taken seriously. Double standards much??

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Just throwing this out there, I guess you could consider me a "comrade in Jesus", but I think the OP is ludicrous...so don't lump all of us in there :-)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Connector
Grab some popcorn and watch this thread in a vid

Well the short bus goes on field trips too

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I would love to, sadly though I dont have one question, I have hundreds, thousands.

I did not ask you what questions you had. I asked you what evidence — if any — would be required in order for you to accept that evolution by natural selection is the cause of the variation between different species.

Are you going to answer my question or are you going to keep evading it?

What are you so afraid of?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The foundation needs to be set before the roof.

Thanks Kent Hovind, you are the man.

With this statement, you've just shown that your foundation is being built with particle board. Maybe try some academic journals instead?

So clever so witty, great point scoring
except
You kinda know you believe in evolution and I dont.
I am the one asking for scientific evidence, you are the one believing evolution in a vacuum, the pseudo science.
Your evolution is part of a progressive time line that doesnt have a start.

Well if you had actually looked at the wisdom of my witty retort then you would have seen that the evidence you are asking for is IN those academic journals. That being where all the scientists post their claims and evidence. Just because you don't want to look at it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And then you can actually be INFORMED about the debate we are having instead of coming to the table only with strawmans like your hero Kent Hovind, the fraud.

In any case, it's not like I haven't offered you evidence for the things you are asking for before. You just ignore it and pretend like it doesn't exist. We went through this song and dance with your evolution = all science thread.

Believe it or not, I've actually had respectful and intelligent conversations with Creationists, but only after they have demonstrated that they know what they are talking about. YOU have not demonstrated that yet. Though if you did decide to become adequately informed about evolution, I wouldn't hesitate to respect your opinion a bit more. Trust me, I've done it before on these forums.

My foundation is God,
your foundation is the issue not mine, yours is not a particle board, yours is absolutely nothing, at best a series of over educated guesses with nil evidence to show

The irony in this is palpable.
edit on 26-11-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Hypocrisy would be a better word.

The hypocrisy was definitely palpable.
edit on 26-11-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join