It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only religious fundamentalists are not hypocrites. All other believers are faking it!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentAgent

originally posted by: AllIsOne

My conspiracy theory is that the majority of religious folk that don't really follow a religion, as stated in the core texts, have managed to marginalize the ones that do.

I do agree. I was a Christiaan for a long time, and it was in church that I saw this happening. I follow the entire Bible, and try to keep te Torah and Feasts. Just for doing that, the church asked me to leave, and everyone thinks I am a joke. After 3 years it does not get to my anymore. This is a real problem today. Why sould those who follow the Torah be pursecuted by the church?

Have you converted to Judaism, or does your believe in Jesus, as the one he claimed to be, hold you back?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Religions just meant to make people feel better, I mean who wouldn't feel safe with a terrifying, overpowered god watching their backs...And every move, to make people feel paranoid.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

IndependentAgent I do agree. I was a Christiaan for a long time, and it was in church that I saw this happening. I follow the entire Bible, and try to keep te Torah and Feasts. Just for doing that, the church asked me to leave, and everyone thinks I am a joke. After 3 years it does not get to my anymore. This is a real problem today. Why sould those who follow the Torah be pursecuted by the church?

That's a darn shame. I'm sorry.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: AllIsOne

complicated isn't it

Yes, but I believe it's all about the journey … ;-)

Bingo, I wanted to walk in the steps of the first Christians, because I became disillusioned with the church in some ways, but hey, nobody is perfect.

So, I have been on this long journey through history, and boy has a lot changed, I read a article yesterday on baptism and how complicated it used to be.
asorblog.org...

I follow the archeological finds and read about the ancient traditions and use the Archeology study Bible.

Just in my life time the church has changed so much,
edit on 123030p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 123030p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentAgent

Have you converted to Judaism, or does your believe in Jesus, as the one he claimed to be, hold you back?

No, I became a follower of Yahweh. And I believe in Yahoshua the Messiah

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

No, I became a follower of Yahweh. And I believe in Yahoshua the Messiah

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IndependentAgent

For those who do not understand what that means, just ask

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

apparently it is......rats...back to the drawing board

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Let's face it: religions are outdated and incompatible with our modern way of living.

Yes, let's.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

in fact its all what the priests and wannabe important men without election want followers to believe

Yep!!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I can give you answers for all the seemingly silly acts in the old testamentif you ask but likely without knowledge of the unsen forces at work you will dismiss any claims made.

So...wait. YOU have this knowedge?

Only YOU? No one else, at all? Really...!!?? *rubs chin*

edit:
I presume by 'unseen forces' you are referring to demons and evil spirits and so forth. Is that what you're talking about?

~Jill~
edit on 11/19/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

"God" can be anything.

If you remove "God" from the equation, you just have story's written by men about supernatural events. Many choose to adopt these beings into their beliefs, as they are powerful and that they protect those whom believe in them and follow their instructions/teachings.

You can start with the smaller ones - Kings and Queens, you can move further and look at "Gurus/Masters" and you can go further and look at "prophets" and then you can take the next step and look at otherworldly "entities" and then you can go to even further and look at super-being's/God's, and then of course you can go straight to "God" himself - a word that they all use.

The fundamentalists see that "God" himself is real, and that he has (ultimately) prescribed the doctrines personally. Those that want to choose what to interpret have crafted their own "imaginary God" composed of what they hope "God" to be.

Some like to take a different approach to this "imaginary God" and say that he is some kind of universal waveform that can be paired with by a process of attaining "enlightenment".

You will find that there is a big war between the depersonalised "God" and the personalised "God" - between generalised "spirituality" and genuine "followers".

Atheists, neither appreciate such individuals, as they reject both "God's".
edit on 20-11-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Well then...when was the last time a fundamentalist took the life of his first born son ? And I know quite a few whose wives wear pants, go dancing and most all of them gamble...so I think maybe they are not following exactly either...maybe they are faking and just faked you out.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Chronogoblin

perhaps you have missed all the christians who continue to cherry-pick both leviticus , deuteronomy and other OT sorces

further - have you missed the 10 commandments which christians still claim are relevant

if you are going to fall back on the jesus fulfilled the law claims - have the integrity to actually follow through

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Here is my view. Those you say that the OT laws does not apply for us today, living in the BC ages, should read the bible, not just the NT. It clearly states that the laws is "Ever binding" "Forever" "Until the end of time"

Secondly, without laws, and I do include the 10 commandments, you are lawless "Matthew 7:23".

And how many fundamentalist is actually keeping the Appointed Feast?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join