It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only religious fundamentalists are not hypocrites. All other believers are faking it!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I have to say I believe the complete opposite. I have much more respect for people who say I have a belief in god, I believe in Jesus, but I don't believe all this nasty stuff. To me it's obvious the bible and other religious books were written by humans with human prejudices. Doesn't mean the entire spiritual lesson should be thrown out with the evil stuff.
How can you respect fundamentalists burning those they believe to be witches, because oh well at least they're sticking to their holy book.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Perhaps you missed the part about the Law being fulfilled with Jesus. Not sure why people seem to keep harping on it, oh right, because you have nothing else.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Why is it atheist are so obsessed with god? It seems to me far more topics are started by atheist on ATS regarding god then the religious.

I'm not an Atheist. I used to be many things, including an Agnostic.

Many Christian churches seem to be social clubs and self help organizations, some fundamentalist churches preach a doctrine empty of the history behind the Biblical text, taking the scripture at face value, never delving deep enough to fully understand them.

Interpretations open the door to all kinds of shenanigans. Why was God unable to express the divine in unambiguous terms?

The church and its many denomination have gone through so many changes, many for the best, you wouldn't want them to go backwards, then I have to wonder what's wrong with simplicity, a simple love one another covers everything.

Love, forgiveness, and tolerance, non judgmental.
I'll have to work on that.
www.biblicalarchaeology.org...

There is nothing wrong with love, but that's not what the religious texts are mostly occupied with.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

No argument here :-)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Not by me,I only respond to their questions sometimes.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Thanks for sharing the video.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
i may just have to start a new religion ....i think i will call it "conspiradom"....and have a big hall and i will call it "the hall of conspiratol witnesses"....

Is that the same thing as “Conspirituality”?

In January 2011, two authors—David Voas, a professor at the University of Manchester, and Charlotte Ward, an independent researcher in the field of alternative spirituality—published an article called “The Emergence of Conspirituality” in the peer-reviewed Journal of Contemporary Religion.

What is “Conspirituality”?

The authors of the article have coined a new word—“conspirituality”—to describe what they see as a recently-emerging religion that melds New Age sensibilities and conspiracy theories. The best way to explain it is to quote from the article itself:

“We argue that conspirituality is a politico-spiritual philosophy based on two core convictions, the first traditional to conspiracy theory, the second rooted in the New Age:

(1) A secret group covertly controls, or is trying to control, the political and social order (Fenster).

(2) Humanity is undergoing a ‘paradigm shift’ in consciousness, or awareness, so solutions to (1) lie in acting in accordance with an awakened ‘new paradigm’ worldview.

Conspirituality is a web movement with diffuse leadership and constantly shifting areas of interest.”

The Emerging Religion of “Conspirituality”

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
so we are back to ignoring the difference in the old and new testament? I can give you answers for all the seemingly silly acts in the old testamentif you ask but likely without knowledge of the unsen forces at work you will dismiss any claims made. Jesus ended the necissity for all that but if the acts were not written then you would claim a cover up. The truth is i do not hate those who do not believe but i have been shown true nature of much alchemy and am very sad because they have built up walls to keep out what they do not understand and in their shoes i would likely be a champion amoung them but i can not because i know how their belief will take away much they never knew they had.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

zealotry does not have to have a negative connotation

I could be a zealot for love,

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
I don't see those who aren't fundementalists as hypocrites, but more people who believe in god but not the holy books as direct words of god. but you may be right about new religious books needing to be written.

But then they should not call themselves a label that insane people can hide their wolfish nature behind. The whole problem with the labels Christian, Jew, Muslim is that it allows wolf in sheep skin to corrupt other people. If they removed the label from themselves the wolfs nature would be alone and no longer able to hide it's insanity by saying It is part of the group label.

Maybe the wolf was already hiding in those "holy" texts. Not singling out Islam, but as I said there are no two ways about Jihad. It's there for all to see, and no apologist's explanation can change those words.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AllIsOne

complicated isn't it

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

The anthropomorphism of a deity does come with its own set of problems … ;-)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

zealotry does not have to have a negative connotation

I could be a zealot for love,

"Completely raving zealot literalists" does have a negative connotaion, at least in my mind. Fundamentalism and love have nothing to do with one another. However, I do agree that one can be passionate about one thing or another without invoking God or the Bible.
edit on 19-11-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chronogoblin

I do believe you've nailed the 'wide is the gate, narrow is the doorway' thing right on the head. Not sure what else you tried to say. Something negative about religion in general?

I think that organized religion is inherently problematic. The resulting dogma and law are "one fits all", and cause more pain than gain. The experience of the divine is sacred and very personal. Not sure that the holy texts were able to convey that without ambiguity. They seem to be a tool for socio-political change / control at the time.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllIsOne

originally posted by: Phage
I don't care. Does that make me a hypocrite?

As long as you don't say "my way is better" I have no problem.

All of them stay out of politics --- I have no problem.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
I have to say I believe the complete opposite. I have much more respect for people who say I have a belief in god, I believe in Jesus, but I don't believe all this nasty stuff. To me it's obvious the bible and other religious books were written by humans with human prejudices. Doesn't mean the entire spiritual lesson should be thrown out with the evil stuff.
How can you respect fundamentalists burning those they believe to be witches, because oh well at least they're sticking to their holy book.

I agree with you. Problem is that the ones that are more moderate don't have the guts to call a spade a spade and disassociate themselves from the flawed religions.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
I can give you answers for all the seemingly silly acts in the old testament if you ask but likely without knowledge of the unsen forces at work you will dismiss any claims made.

Genesis. God created everything in the garden of Eden. How did the snake get in there? Since God is omniscient he knew that Adam and Eve would not pass the test, but he did set up his children anyway. Please explain …

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

My conspiracy theory is that the majority of religious folk that don't really follow a religion, as stated in the core texts, have managed to marginalize the ones that do.

I do agree. I was a Christiaan for a long time, and it was in church that I saw this happening. I follow the entire Bible, and try to keep te Torah and Feasts. Just for doing that, the church asked me to leave, and everyone thinks I am a joke. After 3 years it does not get to my anymore. This is a real problem today. Why sould those who follow the Torah be pursecuted by the church?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

complicated isn't it

Yes, but I believe it's all about the journey … ;-)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Phage
I don't care. Does that make me a hypocrite?

As long as you don't say "my way is better" I have no problem.

All of them stay out of politics --- I have no problem.

Don't get me started …

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join