It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Freedom Act bill DEAD ! ...for now

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Time to propose a new bill, maybe?

One that says give us back our freedom, or else?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Here is two systems/programs that are being use along the Mexican border.

One is a joint NSA/DEA/border patrol operation that tracks cell phone locations along the border.

If some one makes a cell phone call from rural remote areas along the border where illegals and drug smugglers cross the location is fixed and the cell phone is tracked.

The other is the use of a system called wolfhound that tracks two way radios near the border.
praemittias-systems.com...

The wolfhound system is also being mounted on drones and used in the US and in iraq against ISIS C3 units.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Lets be completely honest, and pragmatic about this bill. Even had it passed, do any of you actually think the NSA would have stopped collecting bulk data ?

No.... I love how they keep stressing that the "substance" of these calls are not collected, just meta-data... Anyways..

Would this have prevented the NSA from intercepting computer components and installing software or hardware prior to delivery to "persons of interests" (read: journalists) ?

No..

Would this have stopped, the NSA from listening in on computer mic's, cellphones etc ?

No...

Would this have prevented the NSA from collecting information & spying on Congressional members, senators and state rep.s ?

No...

Would this have finally put an end to harassing journalists, and whistle-blowers ?

No...

Would this prevent bulk internet surveilence, email snooping, and what not ?

No...

etc.. etc.. etc..

So while it sounds disappointing that it did not pass ; An honest assessment would come to the conclusion : Nothing would change or stop. Business as usual.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
too little too late.

if it's supposed to be utilized on american soil, that means our borders are open to infiltration, that the perps are already here...

ping cell towers on american soil looking for foreign terrorists?

watch how the immigration issue unfolds...

eta; to be clear...
nsa is insignificant in the way of damage control, exacerbating instead of neutralizing foreign issues...

either doing it on purpose, or totally incompetent, imo.
edit on (11/19/1414 by loveguy because: asleepatthewheel

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Walsh

Smoke and mirrors.

I could care less if the bill passed. Because what they were voting on is irrelevant, and was likely intended to create a result that allowed for the rolling out of specific talking points. Like reminding everyone that the entire nation almost died on 9/11, and the risk of being beheaded by a jihadi while in your home is at an all time high.

Smoke and mirrors. Nothing less.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

From what i have read and you may correct me on this is that some of the key provisions to the Patriot act would of been extended under this bill and the point of the bill not passing was to write a complete new bill next year without the provisions of extending certain sections of the patriot act.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Smoke and mirrors.

I could care less if the bill passed. Because what they were voting on is irrelevant, and was likely intended to create a result that allowed for the rolling out of specific talking points. Like reminding everyone that the entire nation almost died on 9/11, and the risk of being beheaded by a jihadi while in your home is at an all time high.

Smoke and mirrors. Nothing less.

i hear you BFFT , this also would have extended the provisions of the patriot Act . so maybe it's better that it didn't get passed eh ?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Walsh

originally posted by: SubTruth

And just for the record OP I can understand why you thought this was taking away liberty.......When I hear names like Patriot or freedom acts I think anti-liberty right away also.

The patriot act name sounds like it should be upholding liberty not tearing it apart and then taking a dump on it.

boy do i feel dumb , to late to edit my OP :/

Heck OP it happens to everyone. No one is perfect and at least you are trying to fight for liberty and that is not dumb in the least.

I would call it having courage and pride.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join