It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whoa. Who else loves the back button?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Originally, I was responding to a "leaving forever" message... but it went away. Not too surprised, I suppose, but glad I could salvage my response. Pretty much sums it up, I think. I mean... sums me up. A skeptical believer. A doubting zealot. Convinced that I'm still on the fence. I'm torn between two absolute, and completely incompatible belief systems... and kinda okay with it. It's nice. There's always a position to fall back on. See what I do? I get stuck building a long, rambling intro to a long and rambling body of the post. Maybe the obvious solution is to build a long and rambling "outro", as it were, to balance out the crazy. See below for more details.

Me, I hang out in the back. It's where the cool kids go when they just want to entertain the possibilities and spend time lurking, scheming... or just hanging out. I like to read things people submit, and sometimes say them out loud in different voices. I think it's a nice picture... I don't think it's an ancient Martian airbase, but I do like to look for patterns in the rocks. I like to read books no one can decipher, and marvel at the architecture of giants, or aliens, or alien giants... yeah, and I guess humans make some neat stuff too. I have relatives I'd swear were reptilian, but I'm not the type to keep in touch, so I'm probably safe. Most of all, I come here for the survival tips. I have no intention of "prepping" per se... I just like to be aware of what others are doing, so I can add it to my list of things to consider doing... you know... after I've finished all this... stuff I've got going on. I think I'll stay. Just a bit longer. Maybe until someone finds the decoder ring, or shows me how to make a truly cool spaceplane. Good. It's a deal. The spaceplan plans first... then after a short time in which I start a multinational conglomerate with the income of a whole array of too-big-to-fails and the wherewithal to build a spaceplane, I will likewise bid you adieu.

So, you see, it's my way of saying goodbye to whoever that was, but also, maybe an introduction to myself? I never really posted one of those... unless I did once, but seriously, who's going to fact-check me? Besides, it's not so much an introduction as it is a bunch of things about stuff. "That's a Chit Chat, Bryan." Oh. Is that what that means? And why are you suddenly calling me Bryan?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CrikeyMagnet

WHAaaat

you are either crazy or this is one of those encoded messages

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I vote coded message. Let's decipher it!

I'll take the vowels and the letters m, q and r. You take the others. By gum, we'll crack this thing!

a reply to: WineWithIce5

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Can I have R, S, T, L, N, E plus a vowel of my choice?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Only in trade for a Messier rookie card. I already have three, but I have a feeling he'll be a big name some day.

a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Hmmm...

All I got is a fully articulating Jar Jar Binks figure... I heard the kids love Jar Jar!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

And what do the other voices in your head think about this .

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Throw him in the pot. We'll see what happens.

a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

In a quick scan of your intro message, I distinctly remember two key words "long and rambling."
I think, regardless of other content you felt obliged to include, those two speak volumes.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Thanks! I mean... thanks, I think.

Did I hit the mark? Should I try again? Rewind, and start from Go?

Maybe I won't do that right now, since I've just arrived at work, and pulled the avalanche up around my throat... but I'll do this again. It's how I think when I start to notice the quiet... and the darkness of winter Canada... and the deeply ingrained ennui of the sad saps in this situation. (Alliteration!)

Plus, in addition, also, I find it entertaining as well.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

And what do the other voices in your head think about this .

I didn't forget to respond to you... I just have to let the various internal monologues end before I cal pull out a meaningful answer.

Take your time, lads, we've got all winter.

top topics

join