It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is astral projection like surfing the internet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Every warning I've heard about getting into astral projection is essentially that it's an "energy free-for-all." I've never done it myself-- always deterred by the cautionary tales-- but lately I've had this idea that I wanted to bounce off of those who DO astral project: is it like surfing the net?

The internet revolutionized communication, particularly the sharing of ideologies, experiences and paradigms. Not all of these are created equal, and some are downright destructive. Digesting the energy from this communication HAS to affect us in many ways, and has led me to seriously reevaluate my browsing habits. For example, I would say the experience of reading forum posts on this very site exposes us to the energies of folks from many different walks of life, and if you're not careful, you can leave the site incredibly frustrated, outraged or depressed (not to bash ATS-- this is even worse on bigger sites like youtube).

Outside of directly engaging others through social media, forums etc, I'd say that the experience of browsing the net depends entirely on what energy you put to it. If you want to learn graphic design, you'll find a site for that. If you want to get upset, you'll find an article that pisses you off. If you have a cough and are afraid you have lung cancer, Dr. Google will likely diagnose you with that.

It's my understanding that astral projection works in a similar way-- what you give is what you get, plus the energy free-for-all component-- is this correct? Of course, the stories I've heard are a lot more dramatic than the internet, but that isn't any reason to dismiss the power of irresponsible internet browsing. They've done multiple studies showing using Facebook can cause depression-- perhaps that's only because people don't know how to dismiss negative energy? What lessons can we learn from proper astral projection in guiding our internet browsing experience, and vice versa?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Anyone?!?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: solarjetman

the best re-enactment of a Astral Projection 'traveling phase' can be seen in the movie Contact

where One is blasted through space at possibly faster than light speed through a likely wormhole (tunnel)

in the several Astral Projections I experienced I did not will or select a destination..
I seemed to have been just whisked away...got comfortable with the journey and awaited a destination place to meet aliens or just to see the landscapes of other worlds...

there was one AP where I guess I went back in time of a past Earth environment...but one is never certain if these APs are other dimensions or projections of this physical universe, &-or past/present/future segments of our own timeline our own sphere of existence

so no, astral projection, in my cases was not remotely like a internet browser experience, with my typing in a desired web site

it is however, similar to being a piggy-back rider having the browser carry you to unknown destinations which a higher force typed in
the analogy is pretty well appropriate in the mechanics of getting switched through different routers or servers to arrive in a holographic world...

=== but, hey... I am schizophrenic so my realities/experiences of the world are suspect to begin with
edit on th30141639465019572014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Or just a vivid phantasy
I like the idea of mind travelling. Druids in training did it with a weight in their belly watchiing the nightskies. It's beautiful and everything that broadens ones horizon has some worth.
But remote viewing and all of that stuff is not exactly the same as photographing. UNprovable.
To compare it with browsing the internet, is very very.... wrong

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

To compare it with browsing the internet, is very very.... wrong

but the internet is the best comparison/analogy that can be used

I agree...and as explained further in another related thread:

in a very deep way, the encounters you have with these scrying states, are very personality forming events...because sometimes very profound dilemmas are confronted....

but with your deeper psyche
instead of the waking reality that is very tainted with ideas biased with political correctness, social preferences, the flight-or-fight mechanism of Ones behavior patterns

I guess my astral experiences were really only altered states of mind. a self induced hypnotic state... whatever
but the Remote Viewers claim to speed off to 'targets' that they have not been informed of in their normal reality waking state, they go to the 'target' by clairvoyance or telepathy in a very deep connection with some superior force or state-of-being
edit on th30141641509319382014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Wow...almost everything in your opening is wayyyyy off. Its certianly NOTHING like the internet...since your opinions and ideas are so far off from any real definition or basic understanding of it...I going to wait a bit for the replies to roll in.

I dont have to time or real patience to explain what it is and how it works. You need some basics first. Then we can talk.

MS Astral traveling since1988

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Okay, fair enough. So astral projection is not like browsing the internet, lol.

I suppose the broader issue I'm getting at here is: can "energy management" skills learned from astral projection be applied elsewhere, particularly the internet which is a place that a lot of uninvited energy comes your way? Maybe meditation is better for that?

By the way, it looks like you are quite experienced with this thing. if you can point me towards any reliable materials that really solidified your understanding that would be very helpful (I've tried looking into this online and unfortunately there is a lot of misinformation out there)!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I'm not going to say you are wrong, but your viewpoint might be a bit skewed.

My best definition of the astral is that it's like the end scene to Men in Black, where every universe is in its own marble. When you project, it's like instantly gaining access to all these marbles, in which you might find yourself in someone's fantasy world, or in another universe completely separate from ours, where the inhabitants don't even realize you exist. Now, I suppose you could liken it to the internet when it was all IP-Addresses and no website names, in that if you put the time and effort in you could keep an "inventory" of places you have visited.

Now, here's where being on the astral is different than the internet - on the astral, you are in control of the session. You don't like that some entity or concept is bothering you? Banish it - pretend you have a sword and that it's vanishing like the mist before the dawn. Got a nasty feeling about a place? Find another spot! On the internet, the stuff is there, until the site goes down.

If you want my advice - look into the authors Robert Monroe, William Buhlman, and Robert Bruce (well, don't look at Bruce's "commercialized" stuff, as I found it to be a bit boring & repetitive). These were the people that to me, when I started researching the phenomenon, allowed a light bulb to turn on in my head (it made sense). Monroe's original books, while old, had a little bit of everything. Buhlman, although slightly commercialized, has some good info in his books with a similar view as Monroe, and finally, Robert Bruce's earlier books are a great resource.

Projector since the middle-90's here.

-fossilera

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I tried to use my phone while OOBE. I went inside my phone instead. The next morning, my phone experience random malfunctions and a substantial number of music were deleted from the playlists.

fortunately, none of my files were lost only the playlists missing some songs.

I haven't gone as far as exploring - I was more capable in my childhood and could explore real far and fly. I lost the ability when I became adult. I lost the "childhood spark" in me due to materialism.

Anyway, I'm picking up the pieces again. I couldn't explore but even stranger things are happening. As if the room I am doing most my OOBE has become haunted. I haven't seen any unfriendly spirits so far in my OOBEs. Those that I thought were are actually the reflection of my astral body. And my astral body looks scary.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

Might be a sympton for you feeling emotionally detached, or are very unhappy with your real body/self? I could ask how old you are and if you are focusing on your flaws rather than your amenities?

top topics

join