It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York City health officials investigating death of woman on Ebola monitoring list

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This is not good news -

There are new fears of a possible Ebola outbreak in New York City after a woman dropped dead on Tuesday afternoon.

The woman had recently traveled to Guinea and was being monitored for possible exposure. Very weird, but I don't think you can die from ebola without showing any symptoms. Maybe it's possible and wow would that be devastating. She died during a visit to a hair salon - so she couldn't have been feeling too sick. She had been back in the country for 18 days.

Interesting that the fire department is calling it "fever travel illness"

Meanwhile, members of FDNY could be seen carefully changing into Hazmat gear outside before heading into the establishment, for what they referred to as a 'fever travel illness.' It had been reported in October that an FDNY memo instructed all personnel to use more vague terms when discussing Ebola, such as 'fever travel incident.'

I know this is from the Daily Mail, but ABC news is also reporting it. I just couldn't copy that story.

Results of her ebola test are due tonight or tomorrow morning.

abcnews.go.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 18-11-2014 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Oh great. "Fever Travel Illness". That must've been some case of jet lag.

I can't wait to see the results. S + F

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
S&F thanks for posting, how weird that she suddenly just died like that it really doesn't sound much like Ebola too me but could it have mutated? I hope all this time we have relaxed on worrying about it hasn't been the calm before the storm, id say its something else though i hope so anyway and that its not something just as bad.

Was she self monitoring or just being monitored? ETA i ask that because if she was self monitoring maybe she had not noticed a fever etc but still odd too die that suddenly
edit on 18-11-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

Very little info is known right now, but I'm guessing with over 350 people on the watch list that self monitoring was the choice of officials. I'm in NY and will keep an eye on the local news to see if there is any more specifics.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Wow, Zero Hedge reporting that the "lady" on
the watch list had been back in this country
for 18 days.
So she was only 3 days from being free from
being monitored & she just killed over. I hope
it wasn't Ebola & especially since business
carried on as usual.

Cheers
Ektar

edit on 18112014 by Ektar because: left out a word

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Really, apparently she felt well enough to go into a salon, but then drops dead on top of that with blood coming out of her face? How many other places was it spread to in the time she felt "okay"...
Important to note as one source quotes ,

A woman who dropped dead at Amy Professional Hair Braidig had blood 'coming from her face, nose and mouth' said an eyewitness
-DM second Op link
Wow, if that's true there's not much hope in it not being Ebola considered her being on a watch list, etc.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

With blood coming out of her face

Just so you know, that "fact" was only reported by the Daily Mail - notorious for such embellishments. Could it be true and the others just left it out - possible....the frustration of media reports.

Local news still reporting story as is - nothing new.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia

NY Times is now reporting it...

Health officials said they were testing the woman’s remains out of “an abundance of caution” because of the person’s travel history within the 21-day incubation period for the virus. Test results were expected early on Wednesday, the health department said.

Source www.nytimes.com...

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Is it possible she just collapsed from a heart attack and banged her face on the floor when she fell, and therefore had bleeding from her nose and mouth? That's probably what happened.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This news story is calling it a heart attack.

7online.com...

a reply to: CatLady3912

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
'fever travel illness.'

Can I get a vaccine for that made up illness?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

'fever travel illness.'

I want to know how they come up with these politically correct terms...is there a politically correct committee somewhere or just a politically correct "czar"?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maluhia

With blood coming out of her face

Just so you know, that "fact" was only reported by the Daily Mail - notorious for such embellishments. Could it be true and the others just left it out - possible....the frustration of media reports.

Local news still reporting story as is - nothing new.

As an update searching on this agree there isn't much but whats shared already. As well as the link shared in a reply above calling it a heart attack.

Figured as to why you didn't share about the blood but of course know that it could be false info from that source. Figured to point it out however in an if situation. Here's hopes to it's not true that the blood, if any, is from an Ebola infection. Also, that as such us not added in for sensationalism news wise or "hysteria" into such a situation really open for that. But hey, if not true, there's an example of what may be to come during this flu season or any other sudden collapses in public especially those noted on a watch list.
edit on 18-11-2014 by dreamingawake because: added more.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
i guess there is a new acronym now.

headlines will read Man with FTI under close monitoring upon return home from Africa.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Also, the fact that she died within the 21 day period, even if it's not from ebola, I would hope they'd be very careful with why blood that may have been present....

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Fever travel illness (sounds like a carny-ride disease, like restless leg syndrome or that product people used to rub on their foreheads but nobody knew why) seems like a good name considering the misinformation and built-in fear surrounding the name Ebola (Ebola!!!!! Run, run west young man). If people are so afraid of Ebola that they shun anyone who's been in the vicinity of Africa then the name itself has found ruination, and better to change it.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maluhia
a reply to: zazzafrazz

'fever travel illness.'

I want to know how they come up with these politically correct terms...is there a politically correct committee somewhere or just a politically correct "czar"?

In that article on Daily Mail there was a caption under the FDNY screen that said there was a memo instructing all possible cases of Ebola to be used in more vague terms such as 'fever travel illness'.

In another article about this incident the witness said she was bleeding from the face, nose, mouth, EVERYWHERE. But I don't know what he means by 'everywhere'.
edit on 19-11-2014 by texasgirl because: clarified

edit on 19-11-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The woman died a little after 3pm. The FDNY came back later in the evening to decontaminate the hair salon wearing hazmat suits. Now they're testing her for Ebola.

Maybe they're rethinking the 'heart attack'. ?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Also, the FDNY said it was a 'clean scene', meaning the woman did not have any bodily fluids expelled. But doesn't a sudden death like that usually mean you lose control of your muscles and urine is released?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I don't think the death has to be sudden for one's body to release the contents of their bowels and bladder. I've heard of that happening before.

But that doesn't explain the appearance of blood "everywhere." By "everywhere" I assume they meant even from the bowels, not just nose, mouth and ears.

We should find out today.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join