It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Billion Gallons of Fracking Wastewater 'Accidentally' Pumped Into California Aquifer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
what do you expect, you ignorant fools got the EPA chasing down the mythical global warming ghost , while you stare at carbon, they dump their toxic crap...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
...and we grow a majority of the nations fruit, vegetables, and nuts...now it's all *more poisoned

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

It depends. You can't protect everyone. If they turtle up target their kids or even their friends. If a group were so inclined they would be able to find a bunch of unprotected targets.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

No one goes to jail and all fines are passed on to the consumer. This is how corporations work. Bankers. What have you. GM knew about the bad ignitions before going in front of Congress and testifying they didn't. BP knew they were not following safety regs. Now this poisoning of the aquifer? Again... no jail time, fines that don't harm the decision makers..... no consequence for harmful behavior. Business as usual!

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
This is going on in Ohio too, as we speak. Corporate Republicanism is gutting environmental regs and opening the floodgate to fracking waste being "accidentally" pumped into groundwater. The Clean Water Act is all but dead. Dark money in politics from the billionaire energy tycoons have won.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
"errors were made" admits state.

Should read: "money was made......by all"

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Trouble with population? Ask your doctor if EPA is right for you.
edit on 20-11-2014 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Hey, at least people in CA are getting some water.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I can't help but think this has to do with creating scarcity of safe drinking water. (In addition to the obvious "depopulation agenda", whereby there is poison in almost everything anymore!)

The Privatization of Water: Nestlé Denies that Water is a Fundamental Human Right
www.globalresearch.ca...

The current Chairman and former CEO of Nestlé, the largest producer of food products in the world, believes that the answer to global water issues is privatization. This statement is on record from the wonderful company that has peddled junk food in the Amazon, has invested money to thwart the labeling of GMO-filled products, has a disturbing health and ethics record for its infant formula, and has deployed a cyber army to monitor Internet criticism and shape discussions in social media. This is apparently the company we should trust to manage our water, despite the record of large bottling companies like Nestlé having a track record of creating shortages: Large multinational beverage companies are usually given water-well privileges (and even tax breaks) over citizens because they create jobs, which is apparently more important to the local governments than water rights to other taxpaying citizens. These companies such as Coca Cola and Nestlé (which bottles suburban Michigan well-water and calls it Poland Spring) suck up millions of gallons of water, leaving the public to suffer with any shortages. (source)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

That's very true. They can't protect everyone.

For the record, let me say that I don't condone any violence against either the employees of any giga corporation or its assets. Our discussion in this regard is an intellectual exercise only.

Now, having said that, I can imagine that anyone who is motivated enough could get passed pretty much any defense. The Taliban was able to get passed some fairly extensive base security in Afghanistan more than once.

The only problem with that is such an action would play right into the hands of the overlords. The MSM spin would turn the population sympathy against the attackers. The police would get involved in the game, and now the power of the state would be deployed against those are attempting to correct the wrongs done by the real criminals.

It's a no win scenario.

dex

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Simple economics (albeit morally bankrupt economics):
The fines are less than the cost to properly dispose of the waste.
Pay the fines (which you can get reduced...wink...wink).
Repeat.
Repeat.
Repeat.
Now it's the status quo and you can whine about being persecuted as a business when anyone complains about you messing up the water supply. You can whine about being a job maker, and the laws are out to put you out of business.
Hire some scientists to tell everyone how safe you're being!

Get back to removing YOUR oil/gas from under public lands...

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

What it would be is terrorism. We've been told for 13 years now that terrorism is some horrible evil thing, yet we've supported terrorists the world over for the better part of 250 years, our nation itself was born out of terrorism.

Terrorist or Hero just depends on which side of the fight you're on.

You're right that the state would get involved though, which means any group that was sufficiently motivated would have to take on the corporate evils along with their own government and that would drastically increase the difficulty of any such action because in order to maintain public support you would need to avoid harming the police and military.

I still believe it could be done, but I don't think that we're at the point yet where it has to be done. This wastewater issue was ultimately a government failing that could have been solved through transparency, oversight, and a strong regulatory industry. I know that sentiment leans too much into big government for some people but the way I see it is if we're going to have the government handle something we need to empower them to do it right. Giving a power to the government but then enabling them to screw it up just gives us the worst of both worlds.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Terrorist or Hero just depends on which side of the fight you're on.

So true. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. I fear that at some point we may cross that line. Especially if big business keeps getting a get out of jail free card.

I know that sentiment leans too much into big government for some people but the way I see it is if we're going to have the government handle something we need to empower them to do it right. Giving a power to the government but then enabling them to screw it up just gives us the worst of both worlds.

I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately every time we give the government more power, we lose a few more civil liberties. And the government bureaucracy grows exponentially, essentially choking off its ability to actually do the job it's empowered to do. And when that bureaucracy screws up, as in this case, there is very little accountability. Changes are implemented, only to have the same thing happen again.

Thanks,

dex

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
EPA?

How could you not think about The Simpsons Movie?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

TextText
UNFORTUNATELY THE DNR AND THE EPA ARE CORRUPT AS HELL IN MICHIGAN,WHICH IS MY HOME STATE AS WELL.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
They frack in Cal?

Never knew...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

I mean honestly this should result in far more than simple outrage in California.

Would not be surprised if most people never hear about this.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yay! More water troubles here in CA. Gotta hand it to ya EPA - Uncle Sam knows a good deal when they see it...

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSilverGate

EPA would better be called the Environmental Pollution Agency... not Protection.
Testing only a fraction of the 80,000+ chemicals it allows corpses to put into the environment
is only one of their egregious oversights.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

Not a problem - it creats (short term) jobs so degredation of the environment and the health of local populations is just simple collaterial damage to corporate profit.

There are no regulations on fracking - wonder how that happened?

edit on 23-11-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join