It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hypocrisy surrounding Christianity and Atheism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I asked you a simple question.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

All of what you said can apply to you.

Even if you're right, they would still apply to Creationists as well. You see, it makes no difference if you try and deflect your dishonesty onto someone else and claim "Well they do it too". You're still equally at fault.

Rather than try and shift the blame to someone else, why not show evidence of you being honest instead?? If that's possible that is.
edit on 18-11-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Wasn't that a simple enough answer for you? Sorry if I can't wrap myself up into a box that's neat enough for your liking.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

It's a yes or no question. Are you an atheist, or aren't you?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

If you can define "GOD" for me, I'll tell whether or not I believe in it.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

All of what you said can apply to you.

Even if you're right, they would still apply to Creationists as well. You see, it makes no difference if you try and deflect your dishonesty onto someone else and claim "Well they do it too". You're still equally at fault.

Rather than try and shift the blame to someone else, why not show evidence of you being honest instead?? If that's possible that is.

I'm not dishonest. You automatically assume so because I am Christian and I posted Christian related threads. Everyone automatically jumped the gun on the Christian thing, focused on that and the usual scapegoat of Homosexuality being a sin. That same pervasive 'liberal' attitude that let's people get away with stuff because of political correction.

You all don't realize but you have been indoctrinated and brainwashed by the media to distrust and ridicule Christians AUTOMATICALLY, and INSTANTLY. That is a very real thing and you have probably been so brainwashed and indoctrinated that you can't even see it.

Satan's greatest deception was convincing the world that he doesn't exist. But by all means, you all think I'm the blind, indoctrinated and brainwashed one. I'm not trying to help you or anything.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

This from a person who posts a thread with a video stating no one is an atheist. Dude your the one who is brainwashed.

Pray Tell what do you call a person who doesn't believe in deities.

If you honestly believe you are being called dishonest because your religious preference then that too would be a product of your indoctrination/brainwashing.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
OP. This post is not aimed at you personally, but at the video, which I have just finished...

I have never seen anyone try so hard to convince themselves something doesn't exist. It's really quite simple. There is no god, and I don't hate him/her/it, because he/she/it does not exist. However, I, along with many other atheists, ant-theists, and anti-religionists, have grown weary of having the xtian version of a non-existent deity, shoved down our throats for the past 2000 years.

When atheists talk about "god", it's no different than talking as if a unicorn existed. It doesn't, but if I say I would like to ride one if it did, then I suppose by the video's logic, I must actually believe in unicorns, or I wouldn't be talking about them, or want to ride one. Sure, that makes sense. NOT.

Although you may say it was in a hypothetical context, you cannot deny the real emotion. Why is there real emotional attachment, some would even say obsession, over something that they SHOULD, feel indifferent about.

Let me come to your house daily, for the rest of your life, with Koran in hand, and do my best to convince you that that Allah, not Jesus, is the real savior. How long before you throw me out of your house in anger? Why get angry? Allah doesn't exist.

Another interesting observation. Have you noticed that hardcore Atheists seem to have a lot of vested energy in combating creationists? I wonder why that is.

This has been answered thousands of times on ATS. It is because xtianity has spent the last 2000 years vesting every bit of energy they have in conquering the world, by whatever means necessary, including murder, genocide, and torture. Of course, these days we have a kinder, gentler, xtian who wears us down with sheer volume of attacks against our sensibilities.

I am all for anyone believing whatever they want. But don't come knocking on my door, or telling me how I'm going to spend eternity separated from a god I don't even believe exists. I'm sorry, but evangelical/fundamentalist xtianity has earned the vitriol it receives many times over.

Thanks Klassified this should be a required prerequisite reading sticky post before any threads about Atheist are posted.The same baseless tirades against over and over will wear on any reasonable persons senses.The fact the many fail to see is it is far more detrimental to believe in a false God that is not real than to NOT believe in a false God...thanks for denying ignorance.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

This from a person who posts a thread with a video stating no one is an atheist. Dude your the one who is brainwashed.

Pray Tell what do you call a person who doesn't believe in deities.

If you honestly believe you are being called dishonest because your religious preference then that too would be a product of your indoctrination/brainwashing.

Keep telling yourself that, just maybe have a little rethink on that one when they are hunting Christians down and taking them from their houses. You'll have to at least wonder why.

The Satanic new world order is.... satanic. Many people recognize this. Why do they skip out the god part? Then they have won. By them I mean Satan and his fellow fallen angels. You are all losing right now. I wish you could see it, it's right in front of you.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

As I said if anyone is the victim of brainwashing/indoctrination here that would be you.

Are you finding this whacked out stuff on your own or is it being taught to you via some online course or your church.

Seriously man if you actually believe the stuff you keep presenting and pushing you need to find a good head shrink before you completely lose your grip on reality. The stuff you are spouting is unhealthy for you. Honest question here. Are you some part of a christian cult?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rex282

OP. This post is not aimed at you personally, but at the video, which I have just finished...

I have never seen anyone try so hard to convince themselves something doesn't exist. It's really quite simple. There is no god, and I don't hate him/her/it, because he/she/it does not exist. However, I, along with many other atheists, ant-theists, and anti-religionists, have grown weary of having the xtian version of a non-existent deity, shoved down our throats for the past 2000 years.

When atheists talk about "god", it's no different than talking as if a unicorn existed. It doesn't, but if I say I would like to ride one if it did, then I suppose by the video's logic, I must actually believe in unicorns, or I wouldn't be talking about them, or want to ride one. Sure, that makes sense. NOT.

Although you may say it was in a hypothetical context, you cannot deny the real emotion. Why is there real emotional attachment, some would even say obsession, over something that they SHOULD, feel indifferent about.

Let me come to your house daily, for the rest of your life, with Koran in hand, and do my best to convince you that that Allah, not Jesus, is the real savior. How long before you throw me out of your house in anger? Why get angry? Allah doesn't exist.

Another interesting observation. Have you noticed that hardcore Atheists seem to have a lot of vested energy in combating creationists? I wonder why that is.

This has been answered thousands of times on ATS. It is because xtianity has spent the last 2000 years vesting every bit of energy they have in conquering the world, by whatever means necessary, including murder, genocide, and torture. Of course, these days we have a kinder, gentler, xtian who wears us down with sheer volume of attacks against our sensibilities.

I am all for anyone believing whatever they want. But don't come knocking on my door, or telling me how I'm going to spend eternity separated from a god I don't even believe exists. I'm sorry, but evangelical/fundamentalist xtianity has earned the vitriol it receives many times over.

Thanks Klassified this should be a required prerequisite reading sticky post before any threads about Atheist are posted.The same baseless tirades against over and over will wear on any reasonable persons senses.The fact the many fail to see is it is far more detrimental to believe in a false God that is not real than to NOT believe in a false God...thanks for denying ignorance.

If it wears on you that much why are you even here in the thread and partaking? Just for the spectacle?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

As I said if anyone is the victim of brainwashing/indoctrination here that would be you.

Are you finding this whacked out stuff on your own or is it being taught to you via some online course or your church.

Seriously man if you actually believe the stuff you keep presenting and pushing you need to find a good head shrink before you completely lose your grip on reality. The stuff you are spouting is unhealthy for you. Honest question here. Are you some part of a christian cult?

Lol I don't go to church I read the bible. You are so ignorant.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I'm not dishonest. You automatically assume so because I am Christian and I posted Christian related threads. Everyone automatically jumped the gun on the Christian thing, focused on that and the usual scapegoat of Homosexuality being a sin. That same pervasive 'liberal' attitude that let's people get away with stuff because of political correction.

No I'm not assuming anything. All I suggested is that you use a different argument other than shifting blame on to someone else. I don't know WTF you're even talking about as far as Homosexuality goes either. That has never even been part of the conversation as far as I know. Nor has being "Liberal" or "Conservative" ever been part of the conversation either. I think you need to regroup and figure out who the f*ck you're talking to first before you continue because you're just barking a whole lot of nonsense at the wrong person right now.

Yesterday it was a YouTube video about Evolution filled with Bullsh!t. Today it's a YouTube video about Atheists filled with Bullsh!t. May I suggest you stop letting YouTube do your thinking for you and try using your own head for once???

I realize that it's much easier to let everyone else think for you and just agree with what they say. Be it the Church Clergy or some YouTube Hack who thinks they've discovered "The Truth". But you do have a brain of your own. Use it. Figure out something for yourself for once and stop letting YouTube morons do your thinking.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I am sure you aware of the T&C here and I certainly haven't resorted to calling you names. Maybe that bugs you because I noticed in your other thread where you were being berated a bit that you seemed to thrive off of it. I think you like when people are mean to you so you can play the poor persecuted christian routine.

Sorry but I don't need to stoop so low and be base like that.

Anyway if it is as you claim and your head is being filled with all this illuminati end of world stuff because you're reading the bible then I feel sorry for you. After reading some of your threads and your posts it seems to me that you hope the end is neigh. I have seen that with other christians where they hope it is the end of times so they can get their reward and they see everything as a sign of the end. Christians have been doing that for over a thousand years.

Let me put your mind at ease though so maybe you can move on with life (keep your faith I don't care other christians manage it) in your little book it says that no one will know the day it happens and remember your group will be a persecuted minority. Be happy or maybe in your case I should say sorry because you guys are nowhere near being a minority. So move on with life get out of your doom and gloom funk. Like I said that stuff isn't healthy for you.

Get well soon.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I am sure you aware of the T&C here and I certainly haven't resorted to calling you names. Maybe that bugs you because I noticed in your other thread where you were being berated a bit that you seemed to thrive off of it. I think you like when people are mean to you so you can play the poor persecuted christian routine.

Sorry but I don't need to stoop so low and be base like that.

Anyway if it is as you claim and your head is being filled with all this illuminati end of world stuff because you're reading the bible then I feel sorry for you. After reading some of your threads and your posts it seems to me that you hope the end is neigh. I have seen that with other christians where they hope it is the end of times so they can get their reward and they see everything as a sign of the end. Christians have been doing that for over a thousand years.

Let me put your mind at ease though so maybe you can move on with life (keep your faith I don't care other christians manage it) in your little book it says that no one will know the day it happens and remember your group will be a persecuted minority. Be happy or maybe in your case I should say sorry because you guys are nowhere near being a minority. So move on with life get out of your doom and gloom funk. Like I said that stuff isn't healthy for you.

Get well soon.

It won't be long till everything I have said is OBVIOUS to some of you. Yet a lot of you will still be blind whilst someone else takes my place of being abused trying to spread the truth.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Dude you are the one here who started calling me names soooo... Look this persecution complex you have is because it seems you want to be abused. You practically begging others for it.

The only thing that is really obvious to me is that you are in need of some therapy. The things you claim to believe and the way you are acting is not normal. You have issues. Please seek out some professional help.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

I would say its because some people have a hard time swallowing the fact that some people believe the world is 6k years old and man walked with dinosaurs

Im no atheist but the very idea makes me want to slam my head against the wall...

There is evidence to suggest that dinosaurs and homo sapiens have coexisted. Note how I said, suggest.
Soft tissue found in dinosaur bones

Obviously they've got an an answer for it. What do you think of the answer?

Admittedly there are bits and pieces of what "Creationists" call evidence... I seem to recall a human footprint in the same mud bed as a dinosaur foot print in a documentary I've seen... but these are just small bits verses the overwhelming evidence that dinosaurs are millions of years old...

And all of these bits im referring to can likely be explained by anyone in the field

Unlike those who are just going by what the "good book" says....

edit on 19-11-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

There was a video posted in one of his threads the other day that covered the footprints. They were dinosaur footprints (smaller dinosaur) that the mud backfilled in on the toes. There were also some forgeries made by some creationists there as well. Let me see if I can find that video.

here it is.

The lecture is interesting as it focuses on several different accounts and those behind them as well as a few other things but the one's that were not faked is at 4:11 in the video.

edit on 19-11-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rex282

If it wears on you that much why are you even here in the thread and partaking? Just for the spectacle?

No I am here doing what the website Above Top Secret mission statement and motto is ..deny ignorance.I am not trolling as you are.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

this is pretty much the only thing I find to be slightly convincing...

and im sure theres a simple explanation

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join