It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doco - The Greatest Story Ever Denied - Part II Moon Rising.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: truthwilout
Excellent video, thanks for sharing. Led me to an interesting book, "Someone Else is on the Moon" by George Leonard. Seems to have kicked off this aspect of Ufology like "Chariots of the Gods" and Ancient Aliens. If volunteers are needed to explore the lunar artifacts, let me know

You might be interested that the author himself repudiated the book, here
www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: andre18

That link describes something unrelated to this threads topic so addressing it is a little irrelevant, but what ever..

Giving [Jim Oberg's web site] a second read, I'm supposed to be convinced a 50 year old Russian rocket - that debris if was truly falling to earth would have been alerted by NASA or any other space observing body ahead of time since they have the access and capability to track and monitor all that's orbiting up there. Also, these ufo's are reported to be flying ever so slowly, with actual beams of light coming off them like any helicopter would have, while searching for something at night.

To account this to a 50 year old rocket is dumb and you know it. What this apparent debunking is really telling me, is they can't accept or don't want to accept a wider reality of aliens flying willy nilly in our air space. Which can only frustrate the ego of scientists that assume if they're here they must want to contact us. such arrogance.

Throwing the word 'dumb' around always creates the risk of ricochet, as exactly what has happened here.

One of the main reasons people rationalize themselves into preposterous conclusions is via starting out from bad guesses and unreasonable assumptions. This passage is a good example of this and can serve as a teachable moment for everyone, particularly the poster himself.

In the early years of the space era, NASA had nothing to do with 'warning' of satellite reentries, or in later searching for candidate objects AFTER a fireball was reported locally anywhere around the world. Then relying on the absence of a hypothetical 'NASA warning' as proof of anything is unwarranted.

The presentation being criticized showed a series of eyewitness descriptions, some fairly accurate and others wildly inaccurate, of the same event. The degree of inaccuracy is astonishing, unless for some reason one insists that at the same time half the people were watching a fireball reentry, the other half were watching a genuine UFO moving in the same direction -- but neither group noticed the object the other group was watching.

My hope was the UFO investigators might learn something from this and similar fireball swarm events. The need to learn something seems more important than ever.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

You just walked straight into that. The public NASA photos are all that low resolution.

No hi res images from Apollo released to the public, what you mean is YOU don't know were to look!!!

After images below load click on them for full resolution!

Apollo Img example 1

Apollo Img example 2

Apollo Img example 3

Plenty of links to THOUSANDS of pictures at hi-res are available to the PUBLIC that ACTUALLY KNOW were to look!

edit on 21-11-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
I think you're the one missing the point. If you cant find what you want without modifying photos, then perhaps it isnt there.

Well no because the photos have already been modified. Un-blurring and clearing them up with filters is legitimately recovering the tempering.

There is a photo, which I dont know is actually from nasa, which we dont know what is actually blurred out, if anything, and we dont know if the blur was deliberate or what. So to say that its an alien artifact is a lie, because they dont know that.
That photo has been on other documentaries pointing out the same thing with the blurring. I find it ridiculous you would even suggest 'accidental blurring' could happen. Why is anything blurred? to faze out detail. Since they did it at all implies it's not the only photo either. You come off extremely naive defending NASA as if they're can't be covering anything up.

You're not making logical sense. If nasa wanted to hide something they wouldnt do such a #ty job "censoring" things. If they are releasing images of "anomalies" it must be deliberate, to make people believe.

I cringe at your logical thinking. You're assuming their professionalism is perfect without error. That everything they do is without mistake. You're holding them at a too high esteem. I wouldn't say #ty, but that they didn't think anyone would notice. 'To make people believe' but at the same time covering it up? really? that makes logical sense to you? Just stop and think about what you're saying. "it must be deliberate' because i (speaking as you) can't imagine them being like normal people making such a big mistake that normal people like us could figure out. Look back at decades of their failed rocked launches, which is normal. Everyone makes mistakes. You're very biased in your need to hold NASA as some perfect machine of technological wonder and concealment, never faltering, always doing good.

I dont believe that they're deceptive. Nobody knows. Alien believers are biased and have the preconceived notion that if there isnt anything that they believe in in photos, it must be hidden. The same thing goes with ancient astronaut believers and ancient mesopotamia. They claim that ancient technology has been found but is just destroyed by archaeologists. Convenient.

Hold on let's not derail the issue to something else like ancient astronauts. The reasoning one can point to, even if, you disregard this doco, is the simple fact NASA was created in it's infancy as an arms race against Russia. Everything NASA is funded for has and still is, is primarily militarily related. All that is discovered by them, just like any other military body is kept from the public. Now what is revealed to us, is a small portion of a greater reality of what is known. It's all geopolitical. For example, now that i's the 21st century and not the cold war, the efforts of NASA are now primarily of peace simply because there's no threat to that scale.

Your argument doesnt make any sense. If NASA wanted to cover up aliens on the moon, why would they show photos at all? Why would they go there at all? If it were the case, they would make up excuses not to go and release photos that would not raise suspicion.

Let's be sensible. Back then the militaries awareness of an alien presence on the moon would be fairly unknown, as well as the arms race with Russia who had a head start. They had to both beat Russia to the moon and then find out if aliens were there at all. Once they found photos of mile wide structures, and that they had to be given to the public since it was sold as a public endeavour, the only choice was to airbrush them out. Only now on the last 10 years has the public technology allowed us to nitpick at their findings and only in the last 5 have years have people really began to. However, there are books that go into moon structures going back decades. This is just another group uncovering more.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: andre18
Um ive never once said nasa was perfect or only doing good or perfect without error. You put an awful lot of words in my mouth.

Look at YOUR idea of rationale. In the same paragraph you told me they are prone to making mistakes yet couldnt have accidentally blurred something. Just sad.

You dont have any conception of photo manipulation, or you'd know its IMPOSSIBLE to "un-blur" something. You cant take a static image and change it back to the original.

If there is something in the first image, and they blurred it out deliberately, and released it anyway, that doesnt make any sense. Worst coverup ever. Even if they did all of these mistakes, its impossible to know if it is alien #. It would more likely be a failed nasa or soviet rocket that embarrassed them. This entire field of study is speculative, and thus useless.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: onebigmonkey
even without a high powered scope you still have access to countless sources that easily disprove the claim of alien structures

Source one claim of an alien structure that's been debunked. In fact, i intend to make a thread soon for this -

Revealing even more structures on mars.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

that was unwatchable. the music was horrible.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Un-blurring and clearing them up with filters is legitimately recovering the tempering.

no its not.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: onebigmonkey
even without a high powered scope you still have access to countless sources that easily disprove the claim of alien structures

Source one claim of an alien structure that's been debunked. In fact, i intend to make a thread soon for this -

I think it will be much quicker for you to provide one that is absolutely stone cold 100% beyond doubt and has no possible alternative explanations.

As for your other claims about de-blurring photographs and so on - you have obviously no experience of image processing software - I do, and while I've sometimes been able to make a slightly blurred image a little better, you absolutely can not 'undo' what has been done - assuming it has been done at all. People have seen too many episodes of CSI.

If you want to hide something in an image you use a variety of techniques - cloning, smudging, dodging and burning. You don't just blur it and hope no-one will notice.

You also seem to assume that the only photographs out there are digital. Anything found in an Apollo or Lunar Orbiter image was originally printed on paper.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
when enough confusion is interjected, even truth loses it's power.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Since there are higher resolution photos of every one of them that show no alien structures, I'm going with all of them having been "debunked".

But the lunar anomaly crowd for some reason eschews high res photos in favor of "enhanced" lower res photos. I wonder why that is...
edit on 22-11-2014 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Now that Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter has covered 70% of the Moon at a resolution of 0.8 m/px, there is no longer any excuse for believing the likes of Escamilla, Hoagland and Bara. Just go to the LRO library and check 'em out.
Here, I'll get you started.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asertus
Now that Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter has covered 70% of the Moon at a resolution of 0.8 m/px, there is no longer any excuse for believing the likes of Escamilla, Hoagland and Bara. Just go to the LRO library and check 'em out.
Here, I'll get you started.

You can also access Chandrayaan's data here

www.issdc.gov.in...

You need to register to get access to the images, it's really hard to work out where things are, and you need to download the very very large full images and use their very clunky software to get the best from them, but they are still available.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Here's a guide to the anomalies and the dreamers who think NASA is covering them up, notwithstanding that their "evidence" comes from.. guess who... NASA.

...and before anyone says "Oh of course NASA is sanitizing the LRO image library", be aware that all data processing is done at the School of Earth and Space Exploration, State Univ. Arizona. NASA doesn't even get to see images until ASU has done with them.

edit on 22-11-2014 by Asertus because: Add evidence from NASA

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Two points, part way through the video a commentator says that Apollo 13 lem was crashed into the moon, I always thought the crew used it as a 'lifeboat' to get back to earth.
Going back to October the 31st, 1938, when Orson Welles broadcast H G Wells 'war of the worlds' via mercury theater, and the ensuing panic by the listening population, no wonder NASA wants to keep everything under wraps!

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
Two points, part way through the video a commentator says that Apollo 13 lem was crashed into the moon, I always thought the crew used it as a 'lifeboat' to get back to earth.

You are correct. The following LMs crashed into the Moon (most of them deliberately, to derive seismic data):

Apollo 10 Descent stage
Apollo 11 Ascent stage
Apollo 12 Ascent stage
Apollo 14 Ascent stage
Apollo 15 Ascent stage
Apollo 16 Ascent stage
Apollo 17 Ascent stage

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Going back to October the 31st, 1938, when Orson Welles broadcast H G Wells 'war of the worlds' via mercury theater, and the ensuing panic by the listening population, no wonder NASA wants to keep everything under wraps!
Why? Are Moonians (Lunies?) expected to attack Earth with heat rays? What are they waiting for?

BTW, the reported panic over the Halloween broadcast has been greatly exaggerated.
mediamythalert.wordpress.com...

edit on 11/22/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff

Massively overstated - there was no mass panic, just a few people who got a bit worried and newspapers who liked to grab a headline from thin air.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
Um ive never once said nasa was perfect or only doing good or perfect without error. You put an awful lot of words in my mouth.

Im only postulating your defending position by what you're implying.

Look at YOUR idea of rationale. In the same paragraph you told me they are prone to making mistakes yet couldnt have accidentally blurred something. Just sad.

You don't understand the ends and means of how one practically thinks. The failed mistakes of rockets is due to the result of intentionally making a rocket. The mistakes of blurring out a particular image on a photo requires one to be purposely blur something on a photo. You can't just accidentally blur a small part of a photo. An entire photo? sure, bad focusing does a lot. But this is a pure and simple blurring effect that in my line of work using photoshop, can't be applied without intension.

You dont have any conception of photo manipulation, or you'd know its IMPOSSIBLE to "un-blur" something. You cant take a static image and change it back to the original.

Other way around. My job involves photo and digital manipulation. I can tell you right now open of the most simplest ways to un-blur an image is to sharpen it. Simple as that. Impossible my ass lol.

If there is something in the first image, and they blurred it out deliberately, and released it anyway, that doesnt make any sense. Worst coverup ever.

Stop and think. What you just said is, because they did such a bad job hiding it, they wouldn't have allowed such a bad cover up.... or in other words, might makes right. Again you're holding them up on a pedestal, like some shining light of awesomeness. Blinded by their apparent goodness and openness. Two examples of NASA's easy fumbles, a large amount of the apollo footage was lost until about 5-7 years ago, turned up in some random mcdonals warehouse. Thats 40 years of never seen before moon footage just lost and found like that. And, most of the moon rocks given away to other countries as a sign of good will have been mysteriously stolen and found sometimes on the black market. Two of the most important aspects of NASA's apollo mission have been stolen or hidden. What does that tell you about their competency or openness?

Even if they did all of these mistakes, its impossible to know if it is alien #. It would more likely be a failed nasa or soviet rocket that embarrassed them. This entire field of study is speculative, and thus useless.

Firstly, it can't be russian or american, they're miles upon miles in diameter. So just forget that idea. Secondly, sure, they could on the off change be very coincidentally looking natural formations. China and india and japan have sent probes to photograph the entire moon for their own personal assessment. Have they discovered the same anomalies? Perhaps, perhaps not. Until someone addresses this without actual checks and proofs this is all speculation. Until then, at least look at this without those rosy glasses you seem to enjoy seeing the world through. It's very naive.
edit on 22-11-2014 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Im only postulating your defending position by what you're implying.

In other words, making it up. I dont have any faith in nasa, yet thats still more faith than I have in Jose Escamilla.

Other way around. My job involves photo and digital manipulation. I can tell you right now open of the most simplest ways to un-blur an image is to sharpen it. Simple as that. Impossible my ass lol.

And now I know you're just trolling. Sharpening an image doesnt unblur it!! You CANNOT undo a reduction in detail! Blurring a photo removes its detail! Sharpening does nothing but smooth it out. You should know this.

Firstly, it can't be russian or american, they're miles upon miles in diameter. So just forget that idea.

So your argument is, nasa obfuscates everything, yet couldnt be hiding the fact that they have the ability to make a giant craft. Okay. Logical absurdity.

I take it when the other countries' probes come back, you wont believe their photos either. You call me naive, yet you're believing Jose Escamilla and extraordinary claims without any actual evidence. Bring back a piece of pottery from the moon, skeletons, etc before claiming there is a civilization there.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join