It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Why isn't Satan admired more?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:23 PM
a reply to: dr1234

I don't follow any god. I follow myself, and I am open to the universe. I am amenable, but not convinced. I think that is the most I can be, and it isn't an arrogance of "look how great I am," just more of a cynicism of "look how #ed we all are."

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:24 PM

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Are we to take you seriously that your inquiry is one of information and not one of provocation when you refuse to engage?

Or is this just a Drive By instigation?

Maybe it's a catalyst? Sometimes you learn more by just sitting in silence and listening.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:25 PM

originally posted byJUhrman

Oh, you are talking about Yahweh? I thought you got the memo that the god of the OT and the concept of "god" as discussed by scholars for the last centuries are quite different things.

I'm sorry if they did not tell you.

Nice one, except totally irrelevant and
you completely missed the point.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:25 PM
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I think we see that happen a lot though..

Even if the OP doesn't participate much, the others in the thread can make it worthwhile. Or not.

I think there have been some interesting posts among the common two sides of religious culture (for/against).

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:03 PM
a reply to: Banquo

The truth is best of both worlds. Live life how you want and do what you want when you want to do it, while not stealing murdering and always honor your family.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:30 PM

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Not really. Job is given a new family and servants at the end of the story because the ones he had before are dead. So it's a happy ending for Job, but what about the family and servants that ended up being pawns in this test to test one man? I'm sure it would ring my bell if I died, got to heaven and found out that I was killed to test some petty squabble between god and the devil.

And would you also not feel both God and Satan were equally "evil" for administering such a test?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:52 PM
a reply to: muse7

I dunno , but he is seen as a GOD nowadays in Washington D.C. .............

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:47 PM
If indeed there was a Satan and a God, I would think satan was the good guy.
In the old testament God wipe out thousands of people, including the first born of Egypt.
No where I think it says Satan ever killed any human.

The garden of Eden - All Adam and Eve had to do was name all the animals, when they got expelled, who taught them to survive by hunting and growing food, I believe that skill set came from the tree of Knowledge, ie Satan, so going by all that I would say maybe the christians are worshiping the wrong God. Not that I believe in either

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:25 PM
how about Buddhism?

Should the devil in Buddhism be admired?

Satan and The Devil in World Religions

Mesopotamian gods, chaos-monsters, and the “combat myth” (Satan 2)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:12 PM
a reply to: JUhrman

Um what? I didnt misread you at all. I was agreeing with you.

I didnt call all modern religious people superstitious either. So im not "stupid". I specifically said they lived in a superstitious age. And you say I misread things.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:17 PM

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Question - 'Why Isn't Satan Admired More?'

Pure, simple, direct answer - why the Hell would you admire someone or something that absolutely and totally HATES YOU?

Answer - You wouldn't.

It all comes down to individual perceptions I suppose. You see hate. I dont.

I have to respectfully disagree with your opinion due to the fact that it seemed to be more of a knee jerk emotion than one that was well thought out.

I can only hope that you see it for what it is before it's too late.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:34 PM
Humans will never evolve until we get past religion. I find it stupid that pastors are now telling their followers that Aliens are demons trying to trick us. When will humans ever grow up.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:38 AM
Hmm. I've always thought that if God existed the way the Bible states, that humans could never have the knowledge or understanding to grasp His actions. For instance, what might look to us like a heinous act perpetrated by God might actually have been for the best. Without the same omnipotence, how can we be certain? And then there is the fact that death might be a good, as Socrates stated, therefore we would be viewing as an evil what is actually a good. I am not saying this is certain, but it is a possibility. So these things are at the very least worth considering. And if you assume Satan exists, then you have to accept that God exists, and that the way the two beings are described in the Biblical texts is accurate. If you accept those ideas then it cannot be ignored that Satan wishes to imprison souls in a place of eternal suffering. Again, we have to assume that is what he is going to do if we accept the Biblical texts as accurate, which we must do if we are assuming that God and Satan are real. So when compared to God in that sense, who offers eternal happiness, it is difficult to argue in favor of anyone but God.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:51 AM
Is Satan singular or plural?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:56 AM
See it this way, they are just powerful beings that draw their energy from their followers - want to take down a "God" - you would be facing him and all his "believers". You want to disown these "Gods" that took advantage of our simple and primitive minds, then by all means do so.

God only exists if you believe in him, and if you are going to believe in a God/powerful being, perhaps stick to the ones that just observe and do not intervene - they know the pitfalls of having "followers" that hang on to their every word, and would rather not be worshipped despite their power. All they can do is offer you their presence, and envelop you with love, no matter who you are or what you have done or what you are.

Satan? I don't think he is that great, although he does have a following...
edit on 20-11-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:26 AM

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The base word of spirituality is spirit. Spirit is basically another word for soul. Souls are supernatural. I can learn to be nice to others and uphold good morals without spirituality.

This is incorrect.Soul and spirit are not the same thing.However you are correct you do not "have " a soul your "are"a soul animated by "spirit" which means life."Spirituality" is a modern false construct.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:37 AM

originally posted by: muse7
I often wonder what the state of the world would be if humanity worshiped a being like Satan instead of a God that cannot do no wrong.

There is no being or entity that is "Satan".It means adversary(against).The scriptures NEVER say satan is a being nor was it Lucifer or a fallen archangel(which are not beings either).All of mankinds nature is "religious"(sin nature) and satan is the religious carnal mind that is "against the creator God.In essence it is mans "nature" to "worship" satan...and it has had many detrimental results as evident throughout history.I strongly suggest not worshiping satan(believing religion).
edit on 20-11-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:49 AM
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

I don't know about equally evil. God was the on who killed all the people; Satan just provoked him. But I wouldn't call either of them good though.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:01 AM
a reply to: Rex282

If you say so, until either can be shown to exist, they are both figments of humanity's imagination. But in any case, you are one of the few I've met who doesn't use soul and spirit interchangeably. I'm sure I can dredge up someone on these very forums who believes in both but disagrees with you.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:56 AM

originally posted by: InTheLight
I have only heard second-hand information about Satan, so who was Satan. Was she (I read somewhere that Satan was a female) equivalent to God, but deemed not so and thus was cast down for daring to step up as an equal?

Is this simply symbolism?

Apparently He/She was the most magnificent created creature ever made, created. Satan had access to the most secret and private places of God. He decided one day that He/She would rule the universe witch resulted in a war that still goes on today. Satan fooled man into relinquishing his rule over the earth to him. The beautiful and magnificent became the vain and evil.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>