It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's the Truth About the Keystone Pipeline

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Just flicking through and on Fox News it says that the bill has been rejected. While I know this might not stop it and its being reported by FOX news, its been rejected.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Right now oil prices are down and that is hurting PetroChina Company Limited up in Canada the ones partnered with the oil sands companies. They want work visa relaxed in Canada because they don't like paying for national workers. They are the ones pushing for the pipeline and greasing palms all across the US to get it. Once that pipeline goes through we will see gas prices soar again because ATM the pipelines already laid go to the midwest and are refined once they can load the oil freely on ships refining will be tapered down while oil prices go up.

The pipeline is a horrible deal for us but they have the politicians and the propaganda to push it through. This on par to sending manufacturing jobs down to Mexico look how that turned out for us.

What proof do you have that oil prices will go up? I am paying 2.49 a gallon compared to damn near 4.00 bucks a gallon 2 years ago when the pipe line was still being considered. The only jobs I know of that has gone to Mexico are assembly jobs the parts are manufactured in America and put together in Mexico.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
but but but

The pipeline will have capacity to transport up to 830,000 barrels of oil per day to Gulf Coast and Midwest refineries, reducing American dependence on oil from Venezuela and the Middle East by up to 40 per cent.

About The Project

but but

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

The reason they want to build the pipeline to the gulf has nothing to do with shipping to China. In fact California is a much better choice. So why simple you didn't look at what's being shiped in the pipeline.

The refineries in the Gulf can handle a heavy crude the refineries in the west are set up for what's called light sweet crude. So simple answer is the gulf refineries are set up to handle the crude without changing the refineries. And shutting them down to change over isn't a good option unless you want to pay 10.00 a gallon.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
a reply to: rickymouse

This might be a silly question but why would the Chinese build the pipeline to Texas if they are shipping the oil to china? Building the pipeline to Canada's Pacific Coast would be a shorter shipping route.

There is supposed to be a problem with shipping the oil out of that region of Canada from what I read. Some times the weather is bad and creates a problem. The area in the gulf is much more reliable and there are already refineries there to do some of the processing and loading the ships. That is what the article I read about a year ago said anyway. I guess the pipeline itself would be made in America but that was actually not guaranteed from what I read.

The pipeline did not pass from what I heard on the news today.

But, I think a percentage of that oil might actually belong to Canada, it is possible that they can sell their share. The article I read addressed China's interest as that is what was supposed to be going down to Texas.
edit on 18-11-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I posted this reply on the other thread about keystone but it fits here just as well:

I live a few hours drive from the "tar" sands. The cesspool of waste and destruction isn't just confined to the tailing ponds. The allure of greasy money has pacified the political landscape of this province for more than 30 yrs. The conservative government has been in power and in the sack with the oil magnates for that long. Now the federal government is also hooked on the cash crack in transfer payments from this province to their coffers in oil revenues. Environmental concerns are just cheap bull# talk for the masses. They're tearing this place to hell. Their reclamation efforts are as about as effective as the reforestation of clear cuts in BC ( British Columbia ). Practically nonexistent when the ratio of what gets dug up per day to land reclaimed is compared. The health affects on populations of native and non native peoples is suppressed information. Most leaks and line failures go unreported publicly. Our environmental policy is a joke. Just lip service to the masses as most people do not go to see for themselves. This is what concerns me the most about corporate and government culpability regarding the oil industry. There really is none. Only corporate oil pimps and the political whores who service them.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Nebraskans will make SURE this doesnt happen. We dont want contamination in OUR aquifer. The Native folk are ready to fight. I stand beside them.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

This might be a silly question but why would the Chinese build the pipeline to Texas if they are shipping the oil to china? Building the pipeline to Canada's Pacific Coast would be a shorter shipping route.

Re-watch the video and pay closer attention this time. That province said no it is not coming through here. The reason is because this company has one of the worst records for oil spills.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Right now oil prices are down and that is hurting PetroChina Company Limited up in Canada the ones partnered with the oil sands companies. They want work visa relaxed in Canada because they don't like paying for national workers. They are the ones pushing for the pipeline and greasing palms all across the US to get it. Once that pipeline goes through we will see gas prices soar again because ATM the pipelines already laid go to the midwest and are refined once they can load the oil freely on ships refining will be tapered down while oil prices go up.

The pipeline is a horrible deal for us but they have the politicians and the propaganda to push it through. This on par to sending manufacturing jobs down to Mexico look how that turned out for us.

What proof do you have that oil prices will go up? I am paying 2.49 a gallon compared to damn near 4.00 bucks a gallon 2 years ago when the pipe line was still being considered. The only jobs I know of that has gone to Mexico are assembly jobs the parts are manufactured in America and put together in Mexico.

The reason why the price of gas will go up is because part of the oil that we are getting will have to be diverted into this sludge so it will be able to flow through the pipe all the way to Texas.

How would the Keystone pipeline affect U.S. gas prices?

Some critics contend that the pipeline could cause gas prices to rise, especially in the Midwest.That's because the oil that would be transported is not intended for American consumers. Rather, the Canadian oil currently sent to refineries in Illinois, Ohio and elsewhere in the Midwest would end up being diverted to Keystone, chiefly for export to markets overseas. "Midwest drivers would be hardest hit because the region currently imports more than half of its oil for refining from Canada," according to Consumer Watchdog, a nonprofit public interest group. "Increases at the pump could range from 25 cents to 40 cents a gallon, depending on how regional refineries respond to paying $20 to $30 more per 42-gallon barrel for Canadian crude oil." A 2011 report by Cornell University's Global Labor Institute projected that the Keystone's rerouting of oil from the Midwest would end up costing the region up to $4 billion in higher gas prices, which it said would "suppress other spending and will therefore cost jobs."

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: signalfire

I wonder what happens when a tornado runs over an oil pipeline...

I don't know. I guess we'll just have to wait for the Scy Fy movie to find out.

Do you think they could throw in some sharks and a few zombies while they're at it?

Seriously; It seems not long ago I read about another pipe line in canada which was carrying this same tar sand. It appears the operators have problems keeping it from leaking because of the sand eroding the inside of the pipe. The article said it was quite a task to replace the pipe every few months.

This could be what is in store for the areas through which this pipe line goes if this is truely the case.

I guess I will have to wait and see who is right about this thought, while I also wait on the Sci-Fy movie.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: teamcommander

No, that is not what you have in store from Keystone XL.

That is what you will have in store if we continue to pump bitumen through pipes designed for light crude, as is happening now.

Like anything, using the wrong tool for the job, while sometimes necessary, is a disaster waiting to happen over the long run.

Good thing that all of that bitumen is now going to be getting shipped over a leaky rail system that was designed for small shipments of light crude...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well not exactly. The more oil out there would have potential to dive the price down so Americans might see a nickel after all.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danny85

Hi, first time replying to one of your things and wanted to say, my family are big fans, from Granddad, to Dad to me (UK).

I'm sure we all know that the mainstream media have a script to stick to. It's a simple fact. No matter who they are, as long as they are getting their paychecks they dont care who is pulling the strings which is why we have to use Alternative media and trusted people like yourself, to keep those who aren't yet in the know, well in the know.

Question (And please dont remove this comment mods) - Have you been watching the whole Pedophile ring that is currently being investigated in the UK, the one that seems to be connected to people like Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris, BBC and a large number of the Government.

I watch American news channels as well as the British, and I've yet to see anyone report on it over there. We're talking children in the hundreds and still nothing. I just wanted to know your opinion on the matter and would love a reply.

I hadn't actually heard about this, but thank you for putting it on my radar and helping me stay vigilant. This is something I'd like to look into some more

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

a reply to: onequestion

The oil is from Canadian tar sand.

It's not tar, it's bitumen.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
I wonder what happens when a tornado runs over an oil pipeline...

Well considering that they are buried pipelines, it's fairly easy to figure out what will happen to them... nothing. Like the other 185 thousand miles of oil piplines running through the USA.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join