It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's the Truth About the Keystone Pipeline

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Mainstream media should be ashamed of kowtowing to big oil propaganda, reporting inaccurate job creation numbers & failing to expose the real reason oil is making its way to the Gulf of Mexico. Here's the truth about the Keystone Pipeline..

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Hey Jesse i agree with you here.

I have a question however... wheres the gas coming from? is it coming from fracking operations in the north east or is it coming from canada, or both?

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
We already have 185,000 miles of oil pipelines in this country. I'm sure this 2000 mile pipeline will end the world as we know it.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The Keystone pipeline is to provide oil to China? Really?

Source?
Not to be rude, but I would ask for a source from ANY member here. Since you, Mr. Ventura, have previously admitted to using conspiracy as a basis for "entertainment only", for-profit TV, going under the guise of documentary film making, I would recommend anyone listening to you to do so with a grain of salt until shown proof.

Sorry for the run on sentence.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The oil is from Canadian tar sand.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I've known about this for over a year. I even mentioned it in a few posts. The people can't understand how little this country will make off of this and the potential disaster that could happen. But it is like talking to a wall if you are just a mouse. The Chinese will be maintaining this after it is built. Very few American citizens will be working there after it is built. We would be better off building three cruise ships for another nation, the jobs would be there longer and the potential for disaster on our soils would be less. The money that will be made by American citizens, with the exception of some big corporation and high ranking officials, will be just a drop in the bucket. I read an article quite a while ago about how this project was going to happen. The writer, someone directly involved with the project, actually was giving truthful information about the project. I guess not many have their eyes open.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It will happen I have a friend who builds the controls for it and they have all been built and delivered and are still on schedule for installation. Just silly politics

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

That is common knowledge, many articles state that. There will be a little refinery work and storage done down in Texas. Some refineries may pick up some work but the refining is minimal from what I had read. China isn't going to pay big bucks to completely process their oil. They can do it much cheaper over there.

There may be some agreements made so we can purchase some of the oil later on but as of my last research about six months ago, nothing was coming here..

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

This might be a silly question but why would the Chinese build the pipeline to Texas if they are shipping the oil to china? Building the pipeline to Canada's Pacific Coast would be a shorter shipping route.

edit on 18-11-2014 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Right now oil prices are down and that is hurting PetroChina Company Limited up in Canada the ones partnered with the oil sands companies. They want work visa relaxed in Canada because they don't like paying for national workers. They are the ones pushing for the pipeline and greasing palms all across the US to get it. Once that pipeline goes through we will see gas prices soar again because ATM the pipelines already laid go to the midwest and are refined once they can load the oil freely on ships refining will be tapered down while oil prices go up.

The pipeline is a horrible deal for us but they have the politicians and the propaganda to push it through. This on par to sending manufacturing jobs down to Mexico look how that turned out for us.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

The people of Canada will not let them because it has been deemed an environmental disaster from hell waiting to happen.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I wonder what happens when a tornado runs over an oil pipeline...

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
Mainstream media should be ashamed of kowtowing to big oil propaganda

Really? The same bunch that tries to sell the American public on every war that comes down the pike? The same bunch that tried to sell the American public on Obamacare? The same bunch that pushes for gun bans every chance they get? The same bunch cheerleading for amnesty for illegal immigrants?

Kowtowing and propaganda is what they do. In their world, "shame" doesn't exist any more than "Ron Paul" or "Hate crime against whites."

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
I wonder what happens when a tornado runs over an oil pipeline...

I don't know. I guess we'll just have to wait for the Scy Fy movie to find out.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
a reply to: rickymouse

This might be a silly question but why would the Chinese build the pipeline to Texas if they are shipping the oil to china? Building the pipeline to Canada's Pacific Coast would be a shorter shipping route.

Good question. Maybe going through the Rockies isn't practical?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

There is a concerted effort ongoing to pipe crude both to the West coast and the East coast of Canada.

The Northern Gateway through the Rockies is pretty much a dead duck, although they're still trying, but the West to East Pipeline looks like it has a fairly good chance of being commissioned. So, if Keystone never gets off the ground, there are other options for the Canadian Government.

One way or another, China is going to get that Oil Sands bitumen, even if it has to go by rail.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua
There are 2 projects west-bound.

One just doesn't get the media attention of the other as it is an expansion on an existing line and expansion of an existing terminal.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

You mean Kinder Morgan.

Yeah... it gets little attention.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Hi, first time replying to one of your things and wanted to say, my family are big fans, from Granddad, to Dad to me (UK).

I'm sure we all know that the mainstream media have a script to stick to. It's a simple fact. No matter who they are, as long as they are getting their paychecks they dont care who is pulling the strings which is why we have to use Alternative media and trusted people like yourself, to keep those who aren't yet in the know, well in the know.

Question (And please dont remove this comment mods) - Have you been watching the whole Pedophile ring that is currently being investigated in the UK, the one that seems to be connected to people like Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris, BBC and a large number of the Government.

I watch American news channels as well as the British, and I've yet to see anyone report on it over there. We're talking children in the hundreds and still nothing. I just wanted to know your opinion on the matter and would love a reply.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Last I heard the Keystone doesn't have enough votes to pass.....! Yippee!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join