It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson and inter-racial (black-white) relationships...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
How do events like this affect your relationship?

I have been in white man / black woman relationship for years now. Things like this always lead us into discussions that to me, show beyond a doubt, that blacks and whites see the world in vastly different ways due to the way they were raised.

We don't argue or fight over the subject, but our views are usually polar opposites in regards to these types of situations. Politics is another area that always lead us into discussions that show us how different we are based on how we were raised/grew up.

Most of the time I just tend to avoid the conversations because I will never change her viewpoint and she will never change mine.

Any other people out there that have experience in these areas, please feel free to comment.

edit on R322014-11-18T16:32:35-06:00k3211Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

im a white guy married to a white lady
we're good. on the same page with it

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

This is far more than a racial issue. It is abusers and the abused. Prisoners and guards.

Grow up and accept the devilish abuse whites have brought to the world.

You don't need to accept responsibility for things you didn't have control over. That's probably why you were able to enter the relationship. Mocking victims by claiming ignorance of very obvious things will get you out of said relationship. --and quick I suspect.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I am the product of a black/white relationship and do I ever have things to say about that! But I will keep it focused on your question.
My parents are VERY different. My dad fled from the south with his family when he was a child and though they were in a "better" environment, he still grew up in extreme poverty.
My mom, an only child to two extremely attractive German/Irish parents, grew up pretty privileged.
They met in high school and have been together ever since. Dealing with racism on both sides, they both were able to have some insight into the others perspectives. But not really. You don't usually know what someone else's life or experiences are like until you live them.
My dad still deals with racial profiling and my mom doesn't understand why. Because everyone can afford expensive vehicles despite the color of their skin. At least that is how we are SUPPOSE to think. Sadly, people do not. So he gets randomly pulled over once a month or so. STILL. After dealing with this for 60 years.

Another example is when Obama was first running for office. My dad put an Obama sign in their yard (only because he's black! My dad has never cared about elections), and my mom took it and hid it because she thought he was the Anti-Christ.

My mom doesn't think any of these "accidental" police shootings are because of skin color. She's not racist, how can anyone else be??
My dad who has been profiled his whole life, believes without a doubt that people of any color other than white are constantly being profiled.

It would be great to live in a world where skin color was a non issue. Just neutral. No black movements, no white movements, Mexican, Asian, etc. We were all just human.
That is how I've raised my children. They have friends of a variety of ethnic groups and religions. And it's pretty cool.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I verily get tired of this kind of thing in the hands of leadership and the phony media in this country..America.

What I detect from leadership is that their bailiwick is Racism. They are in fact the racists out here and their investment is in promoting Racism for political gain....votes.

I knew this years ago when this administration called in that policeman to the White House for a beer in a local issue which should never have wound up on the steps of the Feds. In this manner it became clear to me that this White House is no different from Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson..in pimping out racism for political gain. They must invest I racism for votes/control.

Ferguson, Mo is nothing more than someone deliberately using and misusing the media, and this issue for political gain.

Particularly after the election where the other standard vote grabbing issues...sexism, feminism, and the homosexual issues did not work to bring in the votes. This leaves Racism to prey guilt on the vulnerable, unknowledgeable, and untutored conscience of the American Public. Guilt programming and Guilt management.

Keepig Racism alive guarantees a racist malleable, programmable, predictable voting block. This is important..particularly on Federal elections ..the four year elections in close races. You are looking at predators at work.

Americans are beginning to catch on to the guilt programming...the guilt conditioning and the farce of racism ..how it must be kept alive and properly stroked for emotional results..ie..particularly for votes.

These are stage managed events taken advantage of by outsiders and the Feds for votes. It is pimping out the American people..the politicians are in on it and so too are the media. They are racist whores/pimps.
They will clearly sell the very souls of all Americans to racism for votes.

Many Americans are already turning on the media with their remote controllers..including the fabled fox news.

About time too. This needs to go further in tuning them out. This way it is not so easy for pimps to prey on the Ameican conscience for control and votes.

Guilt programming and guilt conditioning works very well if the Mark on the con being played never knows it is happening to them.

Orangetom

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
To add to my post of a few days ago...

There are those of us who detect that there are out here some professional racists and race baiters...who must needs keep racism alive and use/misuse this to control other people...to make them keep silent or ashamed of anything they might think of or about race if they are thinking off the standard issue beliefs of these professional race baiters/controllers.

We have also learned that many of these professional racists are in the media.

What we are most disgusted about is that we do not want to get up every day and view the world through the controlled and cultivated/authorized prism of race and racism. This because we sense that at some level we will be turned into the authorized racists...politically correct racists. Controlled cultivated racists who can be controlled all the way to a voting booth..by the leadership of this country and bolstered/ supported by the authorized racist media.

We have no interest in becoming state authorized racists and do not want to get up every day to view the world through the authorized prism of state controlled PC racism. We will think this through for ourselves.

We think that people should be something more than race and racism...but this is not the message or example we see from leadership in this country..nor from public education ..nor from the media...looking out for us.

Has anyone else out here noticed the same pattern ..and are you becoming tired/disgusted of it..as If you had seen this movie to many times....and the same olde pattern of leadership in this as well??

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
My good buddy is about to marry is white fiance. He is mixed as well with a white mom and black dad.

I am Hispanic and am married to a white woman and we have a beautiful little girl.

My other buddy is Mexican and his wife is Vietnamese.

I don't see any love lost over race issues in these relationships. Racism is for the ignorant and the media to exploit for ratings and money.

top topics

join