It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington's first pot auction brings in $600,000

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Yahoo

And 0 people died in the process! No gangs involved, no mafias, no sacrificing babies in Mexico. Strictly legitimate business.

Fireweed Farms of Prosser sold about 300 pounds of pot to state-licensed processors and retailers Saturday, the Tri-City Herald reported (is.gd... ). Bidding took place under a black tent fronted by tall heaters, and the event was monitored by at least two representatives of the Washington Liquor Control Board. Bidders could smell plastic bags of buds before offering a bid.

Just think... now were not spending tax dollars investigating these business's to run them through a pointless system and incarcerate them needlessly to line the coffers of big business.

The local economy must be doing great as small business owners can make an extra profit and maybe finish that house payment or get new floors done or maybe get that pool installed theyve been wanting to do. Think about how great this will be for that state. Just wai until the hemp market explodes out of there and they start investing in industrial hemp processing facilities. This is the one thing happening in America i can really get behind and this should be a point of unification for all of us.

Now we just need to get the governments greedy tax hands out of it. Thats the next step.
edit on 11/18/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Now we just need to get the governments greedy tax hands out of it. Thats the next step.

And the step after that would be for the rest of the states to wake up, pull their heads out of their collective anuses and stop wasting money and destroying the lives of their citizens over a relatively harmless substance for purely political reasons.
edit on 18-11-2014 by muchmadness because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: muchmadness

i am enraged at the endless stupidity embracing America.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
awesome...
the war on drugs is still taking down the usual menace to societies though...

i have been trying to find a link to this story all day but i cant. i heard it on talk radio this morning but i had just got in the car and missed the first part...

some guy was busted for possession of marijuana....the estimated street value of it was 9 cents

believe that?

whats with the liquor control board being there though?

edit on 18-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Good thing they brought that criminal down before he enjoyed a snack and took a nap!

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

i really wanted to post the story so we could get into it...i cant find it though....
i tried all search strings i could find and what came up a lot was 50 cent(the rapper)...ha

i figure if that dude gets convicted then he is gonna have a possession charge for like a grain of salt size chink.

if they drop the charges(and they should), then i wonder how much money was spent on that bust for no reason
the cops wage
gas in the cop car
paying whoever to book and process
keeping him in a cell
and on and on....

its ridiculous......

the link you posted is awesome...i read it and it said a bunch of money was going to be donated as well.

thats awesome

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Hopefully the price comes down they paid 2 grand a pound. It's cheeper to buy it off the street.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Buddy of mine did two years for possession of one joint in alberta way back.....
Im not surprised as the local interpretation of law varies with the colour of your neck......
For 2 beans it better be the #
edit on 18-11-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

That's not to bad for US prices that's usually 20$ per gram.

But i guess for the time being it's Earning Canada some dollars.

Canada should be pushing for full legalization right now it would be the smarest thing to do.
Because Canada could then make billions off of carting pot to the states by providing a cheaper alternative.

This should drop the price in the U.S making singular profit margins smaller and less reason to incarcerate people.

Right now for 20$ a gram you can make a fairly good amount of money considering it costs 1/4 the amount needed to produce the profits. So there is nearly a x3 incentive on this stuff right now.

So i totally agree the prices need to drop because 20$ per gram is pretty insain.
All things considered 2000$ is a decent cut off from what what.. 50$ an Eighth? or something? lol.
Americans don't make much money as it is, they don't need to be robbed an every 10 bucks on every flower they get.

The Tax revenu from this should help tho, i just hope the money isn't used for corperate interests like it mostly has been.
Like funding propaganda for pipelines and bribing congressmen to support them.

They are using our own tax dollars against us, So it's like if we raise a bunch of money it's usually a bad sign the corperations are pushing for crowd sourcing funds to substidize their projects.

But at least least portions of that cash go to families who could use a bit more food on their plate.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
300 lbs for 600K??? The old hippies around here are growing it by the grocery bag full and that's buds, not random leaves.

Wow. I really need to get to work on my two acres here.

Was this taxable income? I have issues with paying taxes. They just use it to build bombs.

So what happens when all the people who are in jail on small time nonviolent drug charges file lawsuits because what used to be 'criminal behavior' is now 'honest entrepreneurship?'

With any luck, the New Greenies will start buying up Congresscritters and high powered K Street lobbyists and the pharmaceutical/chemical companies will start to lose power. They've been poisoning us for far too long.

Fireweed Farms, lol.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

20 bucks a gram wholesale is outrageous. They might as well get it while they can because when it gets legalized across the nation the price should drop to about 5 bucks a gram if not less.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

never happen if anything it's going to go higher, by the time they tax the sh@@ out of it, fed, state and local, it will be outrageous.
i kinda got a feeling that's why the lean towards legalization of it any way, they've already started running short on tobacco taxes, due to the stop smoking and taxes that they have on it now and need something else to tax. can't put to much more on alcohol or people will stop it too. watch there will be taxes being applied to vaping next.

edit on 18-11-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

top topics

join