It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5,000 Bats Fall Dead From The Trees In Australia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnus_Hunter

Hi Cygnus_Hunter,

Thanks for you reply. The Pipistrellus Murrayi is what I was referring to as tiny, and not the fruit bat.
Also, I do apologize for not making myself clear in my response as to the diet of the fruit bat which should have
stated " I don't think fruit bats eat insect". The extra word (don't) typed changed the meaning in my response.
My apologies again.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
The adults died but some babies were alive? A heat wave would kill the little ones first.

Adults have a higher volume/surface area, and being warm-blooded they have internal heat to dissipate, which they can't do if the outside is too hot.

With global warming there will some currently populated areas which will be literally impossible for humans to survive biologically in the summer.

I keep wondering when this is going to start happening with humans. When do the bankers start beaching themselves, or the Congresscritters start falling from their perches?

Last, after the rest of us have roasted and expired.
edit on 20-11-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Colbomoose
Those who make insipid comments about liking warmer weather really don't understand how an increase in average temperatures drastically increases the frequency of extreme events. If you understand standard deviations, it's a no brainer how we are in for some devastating weather when the average temp is so skewed from the long term average

The other aspect is that higher temperatures correspond to more energy in the climate system which could easily increase variability on its own, just as many chemical reactions happen faster at higher temperatures.

So you have an increasing range of fluctuations on an increasing mean.

Venus has winds at 250mph regularly and some faster than 700mph.

(post by Taajsgpm removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join