It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Fireball' spotted in sky over Northern Ireland

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
for the record, a meteorite came directly over me whilst I was in an isolated area near Morecambe bay.
direction of travel according to my dusty compass: nnw
time of observation 21:32 gmt.
date: 13/11/2014
duration +120 degrees of arc.
colour: arc white (as in welding)

this object was big. no noise. it is the brightest and longest duration I have ever seen.
regards fakedirt in dark places searching out the light lol.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Quantum_Squirrel

I'm not suggesting this did not happen, just wondering why no one seems to have captured pictures or video of this Moon sized fireball?

You would think at least somebody would have captured such an image or it would show up on a CCTV camera or similar device, especially so in this day of age.

you make a good point , we are here talking about how observations are not increasing just are easier to record for the masses, yet we are yet to have a pic or video , i guess then we have to fall back on the old fashioned view of testing the credibility of the witnesses.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
Lies, lies, lies and a bunch of BS!

Any person with half a brain can see for themselves these things weren't common until the past few years. They are most certainly on the rise and will continue to increase...

I can go out any night with a clear sky and see on average 5-10 shooting stars of various mag's within the span of 1-2 hours.

Ive seen everything thing form the mundane paper thin streak of light to slower moving fireballs, ive even seen a meteor violently explode into hundreds of glittering fragments once as it entered the atmosphere far to steeply. Ive seen these off and on the last 2 decades (more the last 12 years since i live in a low light pollution area since before then).

They are not more common, heck 20 years back we had the odd news article maybe twice a year mentioning a big old meteor or a video of one being seen by someone around the country. Just that as other have mentioned. Social media and cell phones allow people to report these immediately where as before people would see one, say cool and leave it at that.

Fireballs arent more common, the reporting of fireballs is.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join