It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA Security NOTAM for South Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The FAA released an interesting NOTAM, that was scheduled to be reviewed by November 1st. Apparently several civilian aircraft flying in the Incheon FIR have reported interference with their GPS systems. Pilots were informed that they should be prepared to use non-GPS systems and report interference upon landing.

FDC 4/9749 (KFDC A0017/14) ZZZ SECURITY ... SPECIAL NOTICE ... GPS
INTERFERENCE IN THE VICINITY OF THE KOREAN PENINSULA.
U.S. OPERATORS FLYING IN THE INCHEON FIR (RKRR), ESPECIALLY NEAR SEOUL,
SOUTH KOREA, ARE ADVISED THAT THEY MAY EXPERIENCE INTERFERENCE WITH
OR DISRUPTION OF THEIR GPS NAVIGATION SYSTEMS WHILE FLYING IN THIS
AREA.
THERE HAVE BEEN REPORTS OF CIVIL AIRCRAFT EXPERIENCING GPS NAVIGATION
SYSTEMS INTERFERENCE.
IN THE EVENT INTERFERENCE OR DISRUPTION IS ENCOUNTERED, PILOTS SHOULD
BE PREPARED TO USE NON-GPS NAVIGATIONAL AIDS.
REPORT ANY GPS INTERFERENCE OR DISRUPTION ENCOUNTERED IN OR AROUND
THE INCHEON FIR (RKRR) TO THE FAA AT [email protected] OR +1 202-
267-3333.
THE NEED FOR THIS SPECIAL NOTICE WILL BE RE-EVALUATED BY 1 NOVEMBER
1406051845-1411011845 EST

www.faa.gov...

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I'm sure there is some subliminal message you're attempting to get across to us but I'm not fully understanding the message... Does this have anything to do with military satellite interference being ran? maybe testing of some ECM devices?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kingofyo1

No, this is just something interesting that I ran across today. No subliminal messages this time.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I think it is interesting, basically because I doubt it could an abnormality in the "system", or caused in the "GPS Grid", which must be strictly maintained. So then, there must be some kind of interference or jam going on. Not good, if you ask me. Someone or some thing is fooling around with the reception, electromagnetically. Thanks for the thread, have not seen a NOTAM in years!.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Besides military EW, what could cause a disruption of GPS signal? If it was linked to solar, it wouldn't be so localized and be much more regional.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This is nothing new. North Korea has been doing this for years. I don't know how much hits the papers, but historically it's generally coming out of Kaesong which is close enough to mess with both Gimpo and Incheon.

Edit: Found a pdf touching on some of it and ways to mitigate the effects on commercial traffic -- GPS PDF
edit on 18-11-2014 by _Del_ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join