It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for American atheists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Annunak1

As an atheist, I don't think I have had cash in my hand long enough for me to even take a look at the picture of the presidents depicted on those aforementioned bills, let alone a few tiny words. Kids--the number one reason why parents of any belief or non-belief go broke.

In all seriousness, I chose my battles. From what I can tell, we're not a very cash-centric society anymore so it's almost irrelevant and I don't see "In God We Trust" on my god forsaken debit card.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: xDeadcowx
a reply to: TzarChasm

Lots of small things build up to become huge things. If you continually let the small things slide, you will eventually have a much bigger fight on your hands.

This is a valid topic for conversation and there is no need for veiled implications that the OP is unable to handle daily life or that you pity him/her.

whats your suggestion? end the war before it begins? bad things happen when you do that.

and thanks for the oversensitive critique of my 1st amendment rights. it gave me a laugh.
edit on 18-11-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
OP this isn't a question for atheists.

The God on the bills, the "in god we trust" isn't the Christian god. Completely different belief systems.

They just want you to think it's Christianity.

Actually it is because i am asking the atheists

but i get your point. To me God on the dollar bill never linked to Christianity always to Satan( or whatever he is called now) or evil since the people who control the money are evil

They might aswell put " In Evil we trust " on the bills
edit on 18-11-2014 by Annunak1 because: why :O

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

They're not evil they're just doing their part.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

They're not evil they're just doing their part.

Their part is serving them evil master(s)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

In all seriousness, I chose my battles. From what I can tell, we're not a very cash-centric society anymore so it's almost irrelevant and I don't see "In God We Trust" on my god forsaken debit card.

That last part cracked me up

thank you!

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

From what I can tell, we're not a very cash-centric society anymore so it's almost irrelevant and I don't see "In God We Trust" on my god forsaken debit card.

Thats because god forsaken credit cards are offered by private companies. The ruse behind putting god on the dollar was to further everyones belief in paper money. Nowadays its no longer necessary to convince people money is "good".

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annunak1

The God on the bills, the "in god we trust" isn't the Christian god. Completely different belief systems.

but i get your point. To me God on the dollar bill never linked to Christianity always to Satan( or whatever he is called now) or evil since the people who control the money are evil

it was actually a political maneuver when we were campaigning against the soviets. there was this "must fight evil atheist communists!" movement...and so we put god on the dollar bill as a psyop tactic. not unlike the whole emmanuel goldstein thing in 1984. put someones face on a screen and play the association game until we hate (or love) someone we have never even met. someone who might not even exist.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

it was actually a political maneuver when we were campaigning against the soviets. there was this "must fight evil atheist communists!" movement...and so we put god on the dollar bill as a psyop tactic. not unlike the whole emmanuel goldstein thing in 1984. put someones face on a screen and play the association game until we hate (or love) someone we have never even met. someone who might not even exist.

That makes sense. but putting a pyramid on it doesn't. Unless you link that back to evil and the all seeing eye - horus. Then we are back to the evil part

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

rules and me don't go well together for some reason. oh I'm drifting off again

Same here. Thats why they call money "currency". Whatever is currently acceptable. They been changing the law, rules and notions of whats "monetary" since it was invented.

How can they expect people not to resist?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

People can resist as expected. But it won't do a thing.

I was told the time of reckoning would arrive soon. A time when the "rulers" would be overthrown.

As it's always said "No it is not."
edit on 18-11-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

That makes sense. but putting a pyramid on it doesn't. Unless you link that back to evil and the all seeing eye - horus. Then we are back to the evil part

its funny that you would associate the all seeing eye with evil. theres another thread right now on the eye of power, which has been handed down through the aeons via steadily succeeding mythologies including greek, egyptian, and sumerian religions. the pyramid is our mortal struggle to become something greater than the base creatures we kill in the forest. the same story as told through alchemy, transmuting dirty materials into precious metals. its all a metaphor for what we strive for as a species and a nation, to become bigger and stronger and smarter. and we have those who take a special interest in making sure our virtues are mastered proportionately. and the goal will be that we become the apex handyman, so to speak. of both world and spirit. moderation in all things, as the greeks put it. but we also have the extremists who believe in a predominantly scientific or predominantly spiritual approach to how we advance our species. i can only hope that the pendulum principle proves indomitable and that balance will be reached.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I don't think anything matters less to me in the world than "In God We Trust" on the money, I think atheists/agnostics who get thier feathers ruffled over that are just plain silly.

Federal Reserve notes are issued by a private bank anyway, so it's not even the government printing it on there, although if it was, it wouldn't change a darned thing for me.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

The problem with the Pyramid is most people cannot comprehend that the Pyramid does not stop towering at the top. The Eye is the beginning.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

its funny that you would associate the all seeing eye with evil. theres another thread right now on the eye of power, which has been handed down through the aeons via steadily succeeding mythologies including greek, egyptian, and sumerian religions. the pyramid is our mortal struggle to become something greater than the base creatures we kill in the forest. the same story as told through alchemy, transmuting dirty materials into precious metals. its all a metaphor for what we strive for as a species and a nation, to become bigger and stronger and smarter. and we have those who take a special interest in making sure our virtues are mastered proportionately. and the goal will be that we become the apex handyman, so to speak. of both world and spirit. moderation in all things, as the greeks put it. but we also have the extremists who believe in a predominantly scientific or predominantly spiritual approach to how we advance our species. i can only hope that the pendulum principle proves indomitable and that balance will be reached.

I guess it also depends in what light you look at symbols as the pyramid and the all seeing eye. It can be worshipped as something evil but it can also be looked at in a positive way. All depends on who is looking at it in which direction. I don't think the people who put the pyramid on the bill did it because it was positive in their way. Only room for certain people at the top of the stairs so to say

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

People can resist as expected. But it won't do a thing.

When people no longer believe in the system, the system will fail. Thats all they have to do is stop participating. Thing is like you said, they are too wrapped up in it to let go.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

That's the thing about occultism. It's a sword with no hilt and that sword has two edges.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Nice edit on your reply.

The comment i replied to was ignoring the topic of the thread and was focused on the OP. I was simply stating that the topic is worthy of discussion, which you clearly didn't think it was. At no point did critique your first amendment rights, nor was i oversensitive (nice ad hominem btw).

I don't know what war you are referring to or what bad things will happen for discussing a topic, but this is a discussion board so people will discuss topics big and small whether you like it or not.

Here is your original post, incase you decide to edit that one too. Remind me again what it has to do with the topic being discussed?

not speaking as an atheist here, but my thoughts are if you are so bothered by something so small, every day life must be torture for you and i am sorry for that.

edit on 11/18/2014 by xDeadcowx because: typo

link   
Well, as an atheist/agnostic who doesn't believe in any god, why would I be offended by something I don't believe exists? That's like getting mad every time I see a unicorn in a cartoon, or leprechaun on a box of cereal. There's nothing there to be mad at; they're just empty words to me.
edit on 18-11-2014 by Aldakoopa because: ?

link   
a reply to: intrptr

The people are reliant on the system. The only reason nothing has changed is because they won't sacrifice their comfort for freedom....not even for a few seconds.

Domination by conquest or consent. The people consented to their domination by accepting and becoming reliant on the structure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join