It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will the Ferguson's grand jury decision be announced?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Gov. Nixon of Missouri announced a State of Emergency yesterday. Some have said the announcement is pending, maybe even Monday or Tuesday.

They've got tons of Feds in Ferguson. Plans on what law enforcement and local schools plan on doing have been reported. But still no decision has been released - why????

I understand they want to prevent violent demonstrations....I can understand that. But the public has the right to know what is going down and when. If I lived in that area and had children, I'd want to know well in advance so I can take my kids out of school. People even have been advised to stock up on food and other necessities and even carry firearms.

Any ideas as to when this verdict will be announced? Has it already been made but the powers-that-be are trying to decide when to tell us?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Wednesday, 10am.

Okay, just a guess, but it's an educated guess. The grand jury apparently only meets on Wednesdays. 10am give the security teams a chance to get their donuts and be in position. Preparations are already being made and they wouldn't sit on them for too long. DHS is pre-positioned in nearby hotels.

Or maybe nothing will be announced. It's only typical to announce when the grand jury hands down an indictment. Maybe nothing will be announced if they take no action? Doubt it, but possible.
edit on 11/18/14 by AnonymousCitizen because: explanation

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
According to a thread earlier today, it will be announced two days after they say that it will be announced.
At least that is what the community group wants.
Earlier ATS thread
edit on b000000302014-11-18T13:04:36-06:0001America/ChicagoTue, 18 Nov 2014 13:04:36 -0600100000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I think "they" or TPTB know the verdict but it's important they feel important. If 'they' told us too soon then they would become irrelevant which is not part of "the plan".

(Not sure but i think 'the plan' is to destroy democracy. (just a theory.))

edit on 18-11-2014 by notquiteinsane because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I just found out that I will be in Ferguson next Wednesday.

So, that's awesome.

Any interest in a special report from an ATSer on the scene?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

If you make it out alive, sure.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Very cool. Be safe.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

So, that's awesome.

Interested in the truth? Of course!
Just be safe about it. There are a lot of groups and things could get stirred up a bit. peaceful protesters, rioters looking for an excuse to riot, good cops, bad cops. Then there are the fed agencies, national guard, and who knows who else.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

So, that's awesome.

Well...stock up on water, batteries and food...where ever you are staying...and a weapon. Just in case....my opinion only.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I'm about three hours North. If ya make it out alive, stop by for a victory beer. Hope ya like Budweiser...

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousCitizen

So, that's awesome.

Just be safe about it. There are a lot of groups and things could get stirred up a bit. peaceful protesters, rioters looking for an excuse to riot, good cops, bad cops. Then there are the fed agencies, national guard, and who knows who else.

I've spent a good portion of time in Anacostia. I'm no stranger to racial divides, feds, good cops, bad cops, or protestors. I'll probably just scoot in for a moment or two, buy a protest t-shirt from one of the local churches (not a joke), and continue on down the road to my destination in Nashville for the holiday.

I'll shoot some video.
edit on 18-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I really don't know when they are going to let the public know their decision; but I do know people are tired of waiting.

I keep getting the feeling that no matter what the decision is; there is going to be some major civil unrest.

Yesterday on the local news where I live; it was said that the Feds are urging all cities in the U.S. to be prepared for protests etc.

Stock up on food and water people; just in case.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune
Any ideas as to when this verdict will be announced? Has it already been made but the powers-that-be are trying to decide when to tell us?

The grand jurors technically have until January, but the prosecutor's office has said a decision could come in mid-November.

Ferguson Mayor James Knowles told local media this month that he expected demonstrations across the region and warned authorities to "prepare for the worst."

In the St. Louis area, protesters have been staging dry runs on how to face police. And continuing their demonstrations.

Despite below-freezing temperatures Monday, about 100 activists disrupted lunchtime traffic in the nearby city of Clayton.

From everything I see and read, it will not matter what the verdict is, because this has turned into a race war!

edit on 18-11-2014 by RunForTheHills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

If I were a gambler, I'd bet on an announcement being made about 4:00 p.m., the Wednesday before the Thanksgiving Holiday. Why? Because I've already read that they intend to inform the area schools hours before the announcement to give parents time to get their kids home, out of the schools. I'd be willing to bet that many schools will take Wednesday off altogether, or will let out at noon on Wednesday.

My second best guess is this Friday around about 4:00 p.m.

I've already decided that I'd lay odds on them returning an indictment of some sort. Its the easiest thing for them to do. Even if they found the officer was partially correct or was man handled and trying to protect the firearm, they could return an indictment of some sort. That puts the issue before the "Tryer of Fact" so there's an open trial examination of all what went down. Anyway, that's what I'm hoping will happen.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

man be safe brother...try to get pics if you can and video

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RunForTheHills

The grand jurors technically have until January, but the prosecutor's office has said a decision could come in mid-November.

Ferguson Mayor James Knowles told local media this month that he expected demonstrations across the region and warned authorities to "prepare for the worst."

In the St. Louis area, protesters have been staging dry runs on how to face police. And continuing their demonstrations.

Despite below-freezing temperatures Monday, about 100 activists disrupted lunchtime traffic in the nearby city of Clayton.

From everything I see and read, it will not matter what the verdict is, because this has turned into a race war!

Hmmm, I beg to differ somewhat about this being turned into a race war. From every report I've seen on the news, my most reliable sources indicate about 30% to 40% of the demonstrators and protestors being trained are white. I think the organizers see this as a Civil Liberties issue and abuse of police powers. I could of course, be all wrong, but this doesn't have the same "feel" to it that the Rodney King incident had.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousCitizen

So, that's awesome.

I've spent a good portion of time in Anacostia. I'm no stranger to racial divides, feds, good cops, bad cops, or protestors. I'll probably just scoot in for a moment or two, buy a protest t-shirt from one of the local churches (not a joke), and continue on down the road to my destination in Nashville for the holiday.

I'll shoot some video.

It would be great to have one of our own report what's seen on the ground, but...I'd caution against the use of video unless you can do it very surreptitiously, maybe with a very tiny device. From reports I've seen lately, the "authorities" regularly get their knickers in a wad over being video taped.

Stay safe, whatever you do!

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Hmmm, I beg to differ somewhat about this being turned into a race war. From every report I've seen on the news, my most reliable sources indicate about 30% to 40% of the demonstrators and protestors being trained are white. I think the organizers see this as a Civil Liberties issue and abuse of police powers. I could of course, be all wrong, but this doesn't have the same "feel" to it that the Rodney King incident had.

“The announcement of the grand jury’s decision … will likely be exploited by some individuals to justify threats and attacks against law enforcement and critical infrastructure,” the FBI said in a bulletin issued Friday. “This also poses a threat to those civilians engaged in lawful or otherwise constitutionally protected activities.”

“The FBI assesses those infiltrating and exploiting otherwise legitimate public demonstrations with the intent to incite and engage in violence could be armed with bladed weapons or firearms, equipped with tactical gear/gas masks, or bulletproof vests to mitigate law enforcement measures,” the bulletin continued.

All it will take is for ONE person to be killed and we will see how bad this gets.
edit on 18-11-2014 by RunForTheHills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

My take ( without having read the above comments, so if someone negated me already, my apologies ) is that they won't release the verdict ( that I assume has already been made ) to the public until there are enough forces in Fergusson and the surrounding area to quell the riot that they anticipate. They would not still be mobilizing troops if the decision were to lock up the cop -- they would be pulling troops out because they know this would please the people.

My two cents.

*braces for impact*

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Definitely. Getting the scoop from any ATSers on the ground is one of the key benefits of ATS! And this situation has been simmering and is just about to boil. Be careful, it's hard to say how intense it's going to get.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join