It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Admits Its Gold Is Gone

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
As if it wasn`t already, another country destroyed by Western policies.

The article's conclusion:

As history shows, the reduction of the gold reserves in the context of an acute political crisis is usually preceded by the collapse of the state.

Oddly enough there was no official gold reduction just prior to the time when Victoria "# the EU" Nuland was planning Yanukovich's ouster, and as shown above, quite the contrary. It is a little more odd that it was during the period when Ukraine was "supported" by its western allies that several billion dollars worth of physical gold - the people's gold - just "vaporized."

Source

Our dear friend Henry admits the West was behind the Ukrainian mess and its failure...

Speaking of Crimea’s accession to Russia, he noted that this is a special case, as Ukraine and Russia were one country for a long time. In his view, the West must recognize its mistakes. "Europe and America did not understand the impact of these events, starting with the negotiations about Ukraine's economic relations with the European Union and culminating in the demonstrations in Kiev," said Mr. Kissinger. "All these, and their impact, should have been the subject of a dialogue with Russia."

Source

So we can now wait for Ukraine its economy to collapse, and lets see if the West is going to come up with the money to pay for all of that. With the gold save in the United States the Ukrainian people are now at the mercy of the IMF and have been condemned to modern slavery.

And as some will claim, Ukraine is a sovereign country and its citizens were able to choose their own destiny of being raped by the West and left to rot for many years to come.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Because they would have been better off with Russia and its crap economy right?

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IntroduceALittleIrony

Yes.

Pretty simple.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: IntroduceALittleIrony

They were actual sovereign and they got a much better deal of Russia.

Just ask the Greeks what they think about it...

Greek protesters clash with police near US embassy

About a dozen people have reportedly been injured in clashes with riot police outside the US embassy in Athens following mass protests marking the 1973 revolt against the US-backed military junta, in which 40,000 people took part.

Over 70 arrests from various parts of Athens were made after clashes broke out following the mass march, according to social media sources. Police fired tear gas at groups of youths who hurled stones and plastic bottles while burning US and EU flags.

Source

Greece - it would appear by this morning's GDP print - is now the engine of growth for Europe. Despite near-record unemployment, record suicides and poverty, and an increasing number of Greeks doing unpaid work (or in slavery), GDP rose at the fastest rate across the EU... However, it appears, judging by the protests across Athens today, the people did not get the message that the crisis is over... as police resort to tear gas and stun guns.

Source

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Well for starters they'd be warmer and there would be a few thousand still living happily with their families, instead of dead for the US/EU/NATO masters.

The economic package Russia proposed with the West was perfectly viable but unpalatable to the US and it's banker masters, who still covet all that Russia has in the way of resources and untapped human debt slavery.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Great, more proof that NATO/USA and EU are the worlds bullies that don't know when to stop.

I dream of a day where people riot in the streets and demand by force the incarceration of the disgusting parasites that make all those decision against the majority.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'm thinking they were better off allied to Russia. Where did the gold go? I bet it didn't leave the country, some is probably in the personal pockets of the people running the new government. The rest is payment to some officials of other governments to help the new government seize control.

I guess I have been watching too much Hollywood. But I think the heads of government do too, that is probably where they get some of their ideas.

edit on 18-11-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: IntroduceALittleIrony

Because every nation that submits to Western control is doing so great right?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It is not a matter of which "deal" was better, or even if both were bad (more likely the case) - it is a matter of whether the people should be allowed to choose. Putin does not accept anyone choosing against him. Hence the mess.

I wonder though - had the Ukrainian people chosen east rather than west, would the US have gone in to annex the bits of Ukraine they wanted and/or instigated a bloody civil war? I dont know ....

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The gold went to the US...

Source

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

But why would anyone let a fox guard a henhouse. I don't think the US can account for it's own gold.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

But why would anyone let a fox guard a henhouse. I don't think the US can account for it's own gold.

The Germans failed to get its gold back, can`t wait for the Swiss to have a go at it.

Source

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'm thinking they were better off allied to Russia. Where did the gold go? I bet it didn't leave the country, some is probably in the personal pockets of the people running the new government. The rest is payment to some officials of other governments to help the new government seize control.

I guess I have been watching too much Hollywood. But I think the heads of government do too, that is probably where they get some of their ideas.

According to some sources it was airlifted to U.S. Federal Reserve in New York. Old news since it happened in March.

www.guerillastocktrading.com...

iskra-news.info...

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
It is not a matter of which "deal" was better, or even if both were bad (more likely the case) - it is a matter of whether the people should be allowed to choose. Putin does not accept anyone choosing against him. Hence the mess.

I wonder though - had the Ukrainian people chosen east rather than west, would the US have gone in to annex the bits of Ukraine they wanted and/or instigated a bloody civil war? I dont know ....

No America uses economic tools in combination with propaganda and shadow ops. That's why we are where we are. Ukraine never got to choose # either way. They are, like most of eastern and central Europe, manipulated by outside forces constantly.

Ukraine is another battlefield in the war between the Western PTB and their eastern/third world enemies.

Both sides are at fault but the West has the power to change this dynamic at any time while their opponents like Russia do not. So Russia is doing the only thing it can, defending itself and its allies and people.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: rickymouse

The gold went to the US...

Source

You know that was a rumor started by a Russian bloger and repeated on zero hedge. Shown to be false first at the time of the claim it was 1.8 billion in gold. cant load that onto one plane and would take months to arrange. Second gold doesnt move gold certificates do. Banks never ever transfer gold mostly because of the time and expense involved. And why bother when ukraine can issue gold certificates from the gold vaults. If they were going to transfer gold anywhere for use in the European market it would be Poland they could ship it by rail in one trip.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Second gold doesnt move gold certificates do

You say that as though it is some sort of fact when clearly it is not.

There is absolutely no way they would ever transfer that gold to Poland, it would go to Germany and Switzerland.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Yeah it`s all bad of course...

Georgia's Trade with Russia in Jan.-May’14

Georgia’s bilateral trade with Russia increased 35.4% in the first five months of 2014, compared to the same period of last year, mostly due to 3.5-fold increase in Georgian exports, according to the figures released by Geostat on Tuesday.

Source

Russia-Azerbaijan trade hits $2.6 billion

There are 570 enterprises with Russian capital operating in Azerbaijan

Source

Russian-Chinese trade to hit record $90 billion in 2014 — Matviyenko

Source

The EU is not waiting for Ukrainian products, it only wanted to unload it`s stuff to the Ukraine. So Ukraine will get nothing from it, only Ukrainians who thought it would made them prosperous. And just as with the Romanians who come to work to Western Europe for about 10 months, they will go home totally disillusioned.
edit on 18 11 2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

Really have you seen shipments of gold most countries have gold reserves in there vault that doesn't belong to them. Because a bank somewhere has a gold certificate from the government. Would it surprise you that there are American banks with Russian gold certificates. The only way that gold would leave Russia is if a bank wants to take on the expense of moving it which would only happen if Russia collapsed. It isn't cheap to move billions I need gold. For Ukraine the cheapest option is rail to Poland but realize this would still be a lot of cars on that train.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Yes, despite that however your statement

Second gold doesnt move

Is quite simply not true.

Physical gold transfers happen on a daily and highly regular basis. How is it you think gold gets to these vaults in the first place?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Suggest you look into bilateral trade China provides Equipment to Russia and on return takes stocks or merchandice. It's a way to hide company debt and avoid state taxes. In other words easy for oligarchs to hide assets and debt from investors. Your really not proving your point at all. In fact quite the opsit and China is trying to reduce there bilateral trade part of the reason there backing out the deal with Russia saying now it was a loan.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join