It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Masons

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JUhrman

Who cares.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You, apparently, but I have no idea why. You either care whether or not the UGLE recognizes the lodges in your country, which would explain the agitation. Or you don't, which makes it incongruous.

Not being a Mason or member of any other fraternal organization, it sure doesn't matter to me. It just amuses me that people can get so worked up over what some club of guys decides to do. Now if I thought for a hot second the Masons had any influence over world events, it might concern me.

Masons might as individuals have influence, but I see no credible evidence that Masonry does.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 12/9/2014 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

I'm not angry. I just want to point how illogical it is that a French or Belgian mason isn't a mason according to the definition that was posted here, simply because one specific lodge in England does not recognize them.

If I was using the same logic, you guys aren't masons because you aren't recognized by the masonic authority of my country.

I hope you see now how ridiculous such a claim sounds, and how it gives the image of freemasonry being even more sectarian than religions. That's quite a feat!

Again, you are wrong...

French and Belgian Masons do recognize us as being true Masons. It's only us that doesn't recognize them.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

I'm not angry. I just want to point how illogical it is that a French or Belgian mason isn't a mason according to the definition that was posted here, simply because one specific lodge in England does not recognize them.

Here is some information that may help you understand. It's much more indepth than you are making it out to be.

The Grand Orient de France was the regular and legitimate body of Freemasonry in France until 1877, when the GOdF began admitting atheists. This was in violation of the Ancient Landmarks of Masonry, and such violation meant that the GOdF could no longer be considered a Masonic organization.

Many in the GOdF opposed the violation of the Landmarks, so they seceded and formed the National Grand Lodge of France, which practiced orthodox Masonry. This organization still exists today, and is the representative of legitimate and traditional Freemasonry within France.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If I was using the same logic, you guys aren't masons because you aren't recognized by the masonic authority of my country.

I hope you see now how ridiculous such a claim sounds, and how it gives the image of freemasonry being even more sectarian than religions. That's quite a feat!

I really want to like freemasons but today I learned they aren't as humanist and above patriotism as they hope to be.

There is nothing like a "true mason" definition. Freemasonry is part of a tradition that extends much further than one specific lodge in England

At the end of the day, I don't give a rats ass what others think of my affiliation. And the same should be felt by masons of other groups. They joined and should be proud of the group they are with. be it recognized or not.

We don't sit around and plot whom we can exclude next. We simply do what we do. As you can see by the information I posted, this all happened quite a few years ago. So the guys who got all political on this are long gone. If you want to see things change, join up and start making some noise. Be the change you want to see.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I agree. The Masons are a simple organization who are an integral part of the building, the growth and the organization of America. There are no scandals with the Masons to sensationalize. They are most generally a family oriented group and are the 'trunk of the tree' so to speak. They use some mysticism and rituals in their programs and have a strict order to them that ensures a healthy and strong organization. I would say it's a good thing there aren't an abundance of threads about them.

originally posted by: Aleister
I've never seen a thread about the Masons on ATS, and am surprised this hasn't been discussed on dozens if not hundreds of threads (sarcasm implied after initial "I've"). And the reason there hasn't been a whistle-blower is, perhaps, there is nothing to whistle about. A fine organization which does and has done a lot of good.

edit on 12-12-2014 by Asynchrony because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I’ve just finished the book: Secret Societies of Americas Elite, by Steven Sora, not a good book about Masons. www.amazon.com...

There all the major slave dealers, opium dealers, and even pirates were masons!

Of course I don’t therefore think masons are evil its just that THEY WERENT BIG ENOUGH TO ESCHEW THE RACISM OF THE TIMES AND INCLUDE THE DOCTRINE OF RACIAL EQUALITY WITH RELIIGOUS EQUALITY.

In fact here the author says the KKK was a Masonic organization.

Again that’s not to paint modern masons as racists.

It’s clear though they did use the Masonic system of secrecy as an elite guard to protect the spoils of certain of the super rich.

This book confirms for me that Free Masonry has been mainly concerned with religious equality not necessarily racial equality

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure KKK members especially after it was formed usually have a pretty bad opinion of Freemasonry, believe it's a tool for Jews to control, and disagree with allowing non Christian members in. Did the Author try and use Pike as an example of the Freemasonry/Klan connection? Can you please list the names of Masons who were major slave dealers, opium dealers, and Pirates?

edit on 15-12-2014 by nancyliedersdeaddog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I’ve just finished the book: Secret Societies of Americas Elite, by Steven Sora, not a good book about Masons. www.amazon.com...

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

If you're interested, a much superior book is Jim Marrs' Rule by Secrecy. Freemasonry specifically isn't a huge part of it, but it's a well researched and footnoted volume and an excellent launch point for further research into a good many things going way back in history. Your library probably has it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join