It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Masons

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Air0x
I do want to clarify the fact that we don't invite men to join, one must join of his own free will and accord.

There are about 1.2-million Masons in the United States of America, but there are million more around the world. There are around 175+ Grand Lodges around the world. In the US each State along with the District of Columbia has its own Grand Lodge.

What about the nature of this group, for good or bad?

Good nature overall.

What about the rituals, satanism inbeeded?

No Satanic ritual.

I've seen Masons here at ATS, if you would like to come forward and tell us what you are allowed to talk about.

I run a website where I discuss a variety of things to include Freemasonry: www.travelingtemplar.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: oneoneone

The signs like the eye pyramid, officially according to masons a sign for wisdom, or the M are rather a mark for manipulation, absence of truth and however, high quality of appearance. The pyramid is sometimes used in moments of learning something, but seen as the whole, movies and games massively lack learning parts. Almost all mainstream games and movies include these signs. Giant greedy companies buy successful games, ruin them and their previous developers to the mere object of earning more and add the signs.

Rather ironic that the pyramid, which is quoted more than any other symbol by non-Masons and anti-Masons, is not a Masonic symbol.

Many Masons on ATS rather seem to be attracted to this forum, because the topic *Masonry* is on here

Sort of like you would expect to see mostly cyclists on a cycling forum, no?

Also, over thousands of years, Masonry spread the same way and times of areas as the force of slavery had, now world wide.

This sentence would also work if you replaced the word 'slavery' with 'MacDonalds' or anything else that might be global, for that matter.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: oneoneone
Our filters/requirements for membership are a man of the age of 18 or 21 (depending on the jurisdiction), a belief in a Supreme Being, a desire for knowledge, and desire to be serviceable to your fellow man.

Well, the eye in the pyramid is not used in Freemasonry. We use the All-Seeing Eye which is an emblem of deity. The "M" has no such meaning as you describe.

Masonry groups included very harmful politicians and leaders and at least those groups in my city sadly support false democracy, demanding their members to actively take action for it.

An example would be?

Many Masons on ATS rather seem to be attracted to this forum, because the topic *Masonry* is on here, so unlike the other people who were filtered to seek truth, many of them aren't very progressed yet and only seem to "defend" Masonry, often seeing offense.

What offense is there?

Also, over thousands of years, Masonry spread the same way and times of areas as the force of slavery had, now world wide.

This seems to be a contradiction to the history of Freemasonry.

Many Masons donate and more usually advertise their donations, however do not seem to know if taking the money and putting it there is always the best option or have negative intentions.

Can you elaborate?

a reply to: Robert Reynolds
You had the wrong impression then.

a reply to: Robert Reynolds
Then you need to meet more Masons.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I think if you are at all interested in this topic, you should look through this forum and read some of what has been discussed over the years. We have tried to dispell as many lies as possible and offer as much of our knowledge as we could. If you have specific questions, please ask. The only thing we cannot tell you are the passwords and handshakes.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saurus
Rather ironic that the pyramid, which is quoted more than any other symbol by non-Masons and anti-Masons, is not a Masonic symbol.

originally posted by: KSigMason
Well, the eye in the pyramid is not used in Freemasonry. We use the All-Seeing Eye which is an emblem of deity. The "M" has no such meaning as you describe.

It was written on a general Mason portal, the one with the highest Google visibility for my country which connects groups of over hundred cities, but whether it is only the top piece was not defined, indeed. No offense, but according to a friend in Africa, to Muslims anything with one eye is the sign for Satan. Well, it's not a book of much wisdom and came in a time within slavery.

Many Masons on ATS rather seem to be attracted to this forum, because the topic *Masonry* is on here
Sort of like you would expect to see mostly cyclists on a cycling forum, no?

Well, my conclusion was meant to be a help to see why Masons here are different, as in Masons here might seem unwise and selfish, but with the filter it could still mean that many or most Masons aren't.

This sentence would also work if you replaced the word 'slavery' with 'MacDonalds' or anything else that might be global, for that matter.

Yep, you could say that. The inefficiency and torture, by my definition, all went the same path of areas/locations and because through inheritance and exponential increase of wealth from where money was invented/places attacked. Buildings are inefficient compared to simple clay and before each area was enslaved it rather lived as tribes, so no root where such a group would come to existence from.

Our filters/requirements for membership are a man of the age of 18 or 21 (depending on the jurisdiction), a belief in a Supreme Being, a desire for knowledge, and desire to be serviceable to your fellow man.

Yes, that's what I found most likely and still do. You have my thanks for explaining it to us.
Most humans who question claims deny gods or anything related to religions or the media. Only very few again see a set of definitions where you can say yes to it and yet the mentioning of a requirement to believe in it shows something about the group that one of that kind would want to avoid, unless he has special goals of spreading wisdom within. I understand that some shard groups intend to pass on wisdom and exchange to gain wisdom. But from my experience it looks like only "information" is passed on rather than brain mechanics, so that without whole understanding one can do harm with it. One who understands how the world works can invent almost anything anyway when it is needed. That's how it should be. Information made by the wise, given to the unwise or aggressively probed seems to be the misery of todays situation.

Masonry groups included very harmful politicians and leaders and at least those groups in my city sadly support false democracy, demanding their members to actively take action for it.
An example would be?

Some today in Britain, founders of USA, the person who invented table manners. Sorry, I would look up my material for specific persons around the planet, but I'm in a bad condition of health, currently. For the possibility of infiltration to remove the system, some should not be mentioned. An example for such groups in my city I cannot give, because I prefer anonymity.

Many Masons on ATS rather seem to be attracted to this forum, because the topic *Masonry* is on here, so unlike the other people who were filtered to seek truth, many of them aren't very progressed yet and only seem to "defend" Masonry, often seeing offense.
What offense is there?

Curiosity for improvement to exchange data about Masonry being interrupted by such Masons and:
The unwise who are influenced by the claims of the media and the others copying them, so they are sure that Masonry must be the elite. After all, Masons are often involved in the system and Masonry seems like a single group to outsiders. Why would the elite let anyone besides their own into control is a usual question.

Many Masons donate and more usually advertise their donations, however do not seem to know if taking the money and putting it there is always the best option or have negative intentions.
Can you elaborate?

Sadly I have only seen donations to organizations advertised by the media, such as to 3rd world people, schools and vaccines.
Though, now that you mention it, the wiser might not have the opportunity to announce it through the media and mason sites for influence, so it might simply be unseen.

By the way, the phoenix looking to the left, what does it mean to you masons? Do you know?
Direction = Horus/Ra = Moon/Sun?
This symbol was spread throughout the whole planet on flags and government organizations under slavery and Hitlers phoenix faced the opposite direction. Also reminds me that he had banned Freemasonry. You know, humans should become suns, but order is usually inefficient. Awareness of everything and feeling for others (and life forms) powers the mind.
edit on 18-11-2014 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

One doesn't blow the whistle if there is nothing nefarious to reveal. Perhaps the Freemasons are exactly what they claim to be. Indeed, all the false whistleblowing reports by conspiracy theorists only solidify my opinion that nothing truly nefarious is going on behind their doors. You know, people making up BS to replace the lack of any confirmation.

Much of their traditions have been revealed since the rise of the internet, and no evil has been revealed. Hell, many Freemasons fought for the freedoms of the people in the French and American revolutions. Most today engage in charitable exercises.

I would wager that the Freemasons are misrepresented by conspiracy theorists and the average civilian. I do believe that nothing evil is going on, and i think their actions show this.

edit on 18-11-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
As everyone else, my knowlegde is nill as to their meetings and so forth. But I do know that Masons have done great work for children's hospitals, have donated more money, and more inportantly, their time, than anyone knows or thinks they know. They have entertainment and take part in the entertainment for the kids. They dress up and make the kids smile and forget, even for a short time, their sickness, their pain. That may not seem alot for some people, but man, seeing those little faces light up and hearing the laughter of the children is amazing. My borthers are Masons and I know the good work they and their brothers have done in our community over the years. These are just the good deeds that we know of.
edit on 18-11-2014 by nrthstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
So what? That is the cultural definition of the "evil eye" in Islam. That is far from saying that all eye symbolism is evil. Also, in Islam, there is an evil eye and an eye that wards off evil; it's called Hamsa.

By the way, the phoenix looking to the left, what does it mean to you masons? Do you know?

Are you talking about the eagle on the Great Seal? Either way, no it means nothing.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
For all your questions about freemasonry

A secret society, uh? This is the 21st century folks, live with your time. Of course conspiracy theorists will always see conspiracies everywhere, so why would freemasonry be so different?

There was a time when freemasonry was an important force to balance the power of the church in Europe, and the cornerstone of the founding of the US, but in this age it's mostly a gentleman's club discussing about ethics and esoterics.

Do important people belong to that club? Sure. Is there a secret agenda to freemasonry? Lol.

If you really want to investigate conspiracies that are harming people I would direct you to the financial and industrial world and its collusion with politics. Science-fiction writers warned us of a future where mega-corporations rule over nations. We should listen to them.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

What is a mason portal and I'm guessing you and your friend also think the Hamsa is satanic? May I also ask why are you taking the word of your 1 Muslim friend in Africa as fact instead of looking it up yourself and If you aren't a Muslim then why does his and other Muslims opinions mean so much to you?
edit on 19-11-2014 by nancyliedersdeaddog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Maybe you can show us where Freemasonry claims the M is a mark for manipulation/absence of truth? I'm pretty sure most greedy video game companies (especially modern day ones) usually don't buy popular games from an outside developer and then edit them so they can put signs in there, they do buy the rights to some foreign games/games from companies who go out of business. I also highly doubt the heads of these game companies are Masons let alone tell their developers they need to put in a certain amount of "Masonic symbols". So which degree do these Masons have to get to so they can learn the truth about Freemasonry and how do you know the truth and actual members don't?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Robert Reynolds
snipped~~
You seem to know an awful lot about it, considering you're not a member.

How long have you been a Master Mason?
What Office in Lodge do you hold?
What Grand Lodge do you belong too?

Just kidding, I know your not a Mason. Your post and opinion have proven beyond a shadow of doubt that you know absolutely nothing about Freemasonry

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The "Eye of Providence" (all-seeing eye) is actually a religious symbol of divinity.

In the Christian faith in particular it's a symbol of the Holy Trinity.

It doesn't prevent idiots from saying it's a satanic symbol. Paranoid conspiracy theorists will never cease to be a source of sweet irony.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
haha Thats funny Eye of providence -

A symbol is what the eye of the beholder see: For example Statue of liberty build by freemons from France call it Lucifer the light bringer or is it Isis showing whats as above so below? hmm so what is it? all are right..

Power of a symbol is what knowledge you have understanding it:

So eye of providence in other words eye of god.. What god? Lucifer or Jesus? or is it eye of horus? a planet? or is it 33 degrees the sun in the horizon hits pyramids of Giza? maybe its the pineal gland? history of mathematics ? is it left eye? does it mean left brain? or is your 3 eye? or maybe thats the power of a symbol

Only a fool would think there is only 1 answer of understanding a symbol.. but ill give you that you made me laugh

Or maybe its just a symbol on a talisman we call a dollar bill..
Every aspect of life is controlled of a piece of paper with symbols on it like the Eye of Providance. reply to: JUhrman

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: oneoneone

anything with one eye is the sign for Satan.

Have you ever considered why we refer to the all-seeing eye of God (singular), and not 'eyes'?

Humans have two eyes. God is not a human. We cannot assume that God has two eyes, just because we have. In fact, we cannot assume that God has eyes at all.

However, in order to remind us that God always observes us, we allocate a symbolism which is easy for us to relate to - that of the eye/eyes. Yet, as the Hindu religion has non-human avatars of God to highlight God's mystical nature and differentiate God from humans, so we assign only one eye to God (a mystical symbolism), differentiating God's action of observing us from humans who merely use our two eyes to see.

edit on 20/11/2014 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Finally! Finally Kyo has been raised the whole way

First let me say...the act and degree was just sublime...I mean wow

Ok..

So seriously...I know that conspiracies and wrongdoings do exist, but I cannot emphasize enough how easy it is to find "secrets" of masonry. I purposefully stayed away from any information prior to all three degrees as I wanted to be surprised and fresh. It truly is a club of men who wish to do well, make better the men in our charge, and help society however we can. I freely admit its 'secrecy' can and has raised questions. Yes I get it. And I do get that it may be hard for some to believe that Masons could actually be honest about the craft.

Many "powerful" people have been Masons. Presidents, heads of state, explorers. You know who else are damn good Masons? Garbagemen, fast food workers, nurses, and scientists.

There IS power to be found in Masonry but it is quite contractual on two things: your acceptance and your understanding

The 'power' to be had isn't a power to change policy and run the country. The power to be had is to look inside you mind, heart, soul and spirit and offer yourself methods to better who you are. In doing so, you make efforts to better those around you. THAT is the power. And yes, you absolutel can achieve that same process with no help at all but truly, what is the problem if I want to better myself through a collective of those who have a great level of maturity and wisdom to them?

And yes there have been bad Masons who have done bad things

Point to me one club or profession that has never had their bad or evil characters in them.

But truly none of the above I spoke will be heard because in this fast food, fast screens, fast internet world, we love drama and prefer to think that every single rock in the world is a conspiracy.

again...I am not doubting that there are things that are afoot...but people have asked thousands of times of the so-called secret of Masonry...and it has been answered to deaf ears and blind eyes

Go see a lodge by yourself.

You're bound to find a set of guys who enjoy helping others and LOVE eating good food

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Congrats on being raised brother. I trust you enjoyed the theatrics?
Just so you know, the brothers putting on the degree, had just as much fun as you had being in it. Try to be as active as your time allows for and participate in others degrees. (Oh, and get your proficiency card. Give back your third quickly, while your brain is still a bit mushy from learning the other two obligations.)

Again, welcome brother.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: che33

I remember when I thought I knew everything. Don't worry dude, you will grow out of that.

www.religionfacts.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Is Masonry an organized Religion?

Uh ohhh…

Someone once said we set aside the laws of god by our traditions and ritual.

But I'm iconoclastic.

Shriners History

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
thats the point when you think you know everything then there is no point to learn anything.. Pythagoras, and Plato both waited over 20 years preparing to be accepted into the mystery schools. What does that say to you?

There is no art that isn't religions
There is no religion that isn't philosophical
There is no philosophy that isn't scientific
There is no science that isn't art

Symbolism is the first veil. by understanding symbolism reveals the hidden wisdom. Symbolism is the language of magic
reply to: network dude

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join