It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hazards of secondhand marijuana smoke

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

About the fights, I think that legalizing marijuana as an alternative to alcohol consumption would definitely reduce the amount of violence in the country.

Oh, there can be no doubt! In my years researching the cannabis plant I have noticed that most partakers are VERY calm, easy-going individuals. That is not to say that they won't get stuff done. I came by an article earlier that was about athletes using cannabis to train longer and harder. I think it was called 'cannabis the new performance enhancing drug' or something along those lines... I'll see if I can find it...

Here it is. Cool article.
edit on Cpm3Tuesday2420140430Tue, 18 Nov 2014 15:24:04 -06002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: eta

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Yes, please ban perfume too, it makes me wretch and inhibits my natural oxygen intake.

Ban badly tuned cars in front of me on the road that belch fumes which fill my car.

Ban cars with badly adjusted headlights that damage my eyesight if they are driving in the opposite direction at night.

Ban dogs that defficate and urinate where they stand in a public place creating health hazzards and a stink.

Ban children that scream like sirens in supermarkets damaging my hearing.

Ban overly loud soundtracks in cinemas which make me squint in pain.

Ban everything....ban it all..now!

Or just suck it up and realise that focusing on something like second hand marijuana smoke is just pure anal. I also think that the experiments done to those poor rats mentioned in the article was perhaps NOT relative in any way to the reality of the situation in the real world. The doses were probably enough to produce the disired results funded by those who need the statistics to pursue their agenda, similar to Beagle dogs forced to endlessly smoke cigarettes to show how bad it is.

The fight to demonise marijuana is being lost with WAY more evidence to show it's benefits than there is to show it's failings so let those who cannot accept it's NATURAL healing powers do their worst....let them bang their heads on the wall in desperation, let them clutch at straws.

Smoke of ANY sort is bad for anyone to inhale and that's hard to deny, but with marijuana, that is becoming an old fashioned system of consumption with many new methods particularly for medical use that eliminate many of the harmful elements and people who don't wish to use tobacco no longer have to. What hasn't changed much is the ignorant view of users by non users, most of whom have no personal experience and offer their arguments with knee-jerk spoon fed propoganda from the limited information given by those on the goggle-box.

Second hand marijuana smoke is a pin drop in the ocean compared to the REAL poisons available for all to suffer at the hands of others.

Keep it real.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
I came by an article earlier that was about athletes using cannabis to train longer and harder. I think it was called 'cannabis the new performance enhancing drug' or something along those lines... I'll see if I can find it...

Don't forget that each person who uses marijuana or any other stimulant/relaxant will react and behave differently. Yes, some aspects could be across the board but what is good for one person may not be good for another.

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU DO TO THE MIND OR BODY, BUT THE MIND OR BODY YOU DO IT TO.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: AgentShillington

I know that it has nicotine, my point was that the concentration in the vapor is barely there. That's why I said you'd have to shotgun the vapor down someone's throat to experience the negative effects (and I'm not even sure that would do much). If a child is negatively effected by someone sitting next to them vaping, the effects wouldn't be noticeable for their entire lifetime.

Vapor has 10 times less exhaled nicotine then cigarettes; due to the inhale method.

Water, Glycerin (sugar oil) and Nicotine are all that is in vapor, because it is vapped in a cloud (light, vs carbon monoxide which is heavy), a far larger % of the nicotine gets absorbed by the users lungs, leaving less nicotine exhaled into the environment.

If you had 20 vappers and 20 cigarette users in the same size room you would be astonished on the difference between the low levels of toxicity in the vapor room and the normal expected levels observed in the cigarette room.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Theres a big factory near mine that bellows smoke out all day every day it stinks of what I can only describe as the smell of actual carsinegens no body says nowt about that and all the locals are loopy from it!

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Blood vessel function in laboratory rats dropped by 70 percent after a half-hour of exposure to secondhand marijuana smoke -- similar to results found with secondhand tobacco smoke, researchers from the University of California, San Francisco reported Sunday.

Hot boxing those poor tiny creatures likely got them so high they were having panic like attacks!

That alone would create physical problems. Hard to compare that with a human.......

I'd worry far more about industrial pollution than minimal amounts of second hand smoke.
Just how often are people trapped in little rooms with smoke blown at them for lengthy periods of time?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ElohimJD

Exactly. That was the point I was getting at there. Nicotine is barely in the vapor.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So, burning incents would fall in the same category as second hand smoke?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join