It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who or what are the angels? Are they male or female?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington
The angels of the Abrahamic Religions are the messengers and enforcers of God. They are terrible and impressive and are not smiling, cute, bastardizations that your grandma's weird friend says she sees dancing across the clouds.

I've heard it said that when dealing with calling spirits, some of the angels of God are far more terrifying than any demon one could encounter.

Anyway, to the op: Just as there are different types of physical beings (cat, human, bird), I believe there are different types of spiritual beings as well. Angels are just one of these types. I can't really say anything more than that, but I think that certain spirits have very specific purposes, ie one might exist solely to control the wind, while another might be in charge of the health (good or bad) of an entire ecosystem.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

i read what you believe angels are and understood perfectly, i'm not certain what i'm doing wrong.

lets do it this way...is it quite clear by now that the things going on in the world have long ago far exceeded just average human greed and treachery?

specifically regarding conflict...aren't things getting just a bit strange?

its obvious that while not as strong as they were 9 years ago, demons are trying to escape from Hell.

angels are the response to that.

or are you just in shill mode?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux
angels are the response to that.

or are you just in shill mode?

I must be in shill mode, because I have no idea what you're talking about.

So... like... Joe Fraizer is going to save us from war?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

My favorite belief, based off The Chronicle Projects raw translations of the original hebrew bible, is that they were 'The Originators' (this is where the Genesis plural - Let us make man in our image, came from), terraformers of Planet Earth, under instruction from a higher authority called Creator of Originators.

These beings come across as certainly masculine, wanting to take human wives, and the children they bore with humans were, like their creators, DNA unlocked which meant these abominations could mate and reproduce with anything.

Then there's Ezekiels Chariot (Extra-dimension/terrestrial spacecraft)....and those beings...I'm not sure if they are the same.

And then there's the Lord of Hosts....who claims to command an army of Giants off planet.

I do love the old testament....horror sci-fi at its best.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Angels are rogue programs doing things they are not supposed to do inside the matrix, don't you know that?.

Oh wait, that was just a movie.

Oops, never mind......

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Not so much an opinion as a notion that angels come in a wide variety of species, generations or races, and, naturally, they may have any given sexual gender possible for it's kind. In the Sefer Ha-Razim ('The Book of Raziel') ==> www.abovetopsecret.com... ==> the four living creatures mentioned in Ezekiel and Revelation are with their complimentary creatures; the four Hayoth (female) and their four Opanim (male). Inside this elusive codex is also shown incantations relating to what seems to be homosexual and bisexual relationships.
edit on 18-11-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: misc

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
Hey, how come this guy is wearing watches around his wrists?

He also looks to have robotic legs as well.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

of course not. you have to save yourself from war...but when people decide not to, as is the case in the world today, angels come out to fight wars...

during the civil wars that erupted in the United States during the early to mid 70s...angels fought for various reasons.

angels are fighting demons right now.

I could be wrong, but I swear that Kim Jong Il was Beelzebub...and Hugo Chavez and Moammar Gaddafi were both demons or inhabited by them.

i figure if such things are on Earth...i only makes sense that their must also be Angels fighting them off.

people have shown no willingness or ability to fight them at any level.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

The easiness by which worldwide myths are talking about those supernatural beings is astonishing and although distorted by time and egocentrism of men, the core of the stories must be true.
Some things are almost for sure: the Angels and co were ‘good’, they could fly and they had paranormal gifts, a kind of visions by which they could ‘speak’ with each other and by which they could enter the mind of ‘earthly people’.
The angels in the Bible were 'good' because a higher spirit had taken possession of them. Noteworthy that the Holy Spirit in the Bible never appears in animals, only in people. And that Angels probably were women, because, in our opnion, they date before the Great Flood.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to: Abednego

Proof? look at the world around you; the language and number are coding for the world. If you can't see it that's not my fault. It's in everything. I see it in everything.

I look at words now and sometimes I see the proper 'interpretation' instead of word printed.

I've met these messengers; I've seen my avatar tube. We are nothing but a synthetic replication of something else.

I've seen the little 'muppets' you call the greys; the big headed ones depicted in the Egyptian hieroglyphs; I've sat on the beach and seen all the orbs. Every colour.

But I've seen the big ones. The big ones that look like a muscly cross between a cat and a bear. Or a dog. MASSIVE. Big enough to pin my chest to the ground between two fingers. The felines maybe?

I've been out of this galaxy; out of this Universe.

We are fake. This world is fake.

Messengers are just like radio operators; hearing signals. Just like Nikola Tesla.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
OH, almost forgot; I've been into the Church; because I appear to speak several other languages. I was meant to give them some of their 'messages'; but they didn't believe me.

Messengers tend to speak different languages. I'm not talking about those idiots who 'speak in tongues' that just make up rubbish, jibberish. These people are just delusional half-wits.

I'm talking about speaking an ACTUAL other language you don't understand.

I speak at least 3 languages I don't understand. Sumerian; Akkadian and Aramaic (Arabic sometimes).

Even when I supplied them signs; the didn't believe me.

ITALY AND ROME! YOU ENJOYING YOUR FLOODS RIGHT NOW?

Their 'snakes' or 'slugs'; or whatever they are threaded through my body in another state of existence (green shade I believe); are a pain in the ass.

I am not their Devil; or Serpent-bearer any more.

And all the 'messages' I had for them; they will never receive.

You wanna know what messengers are; I am supposed to be one of their 'ARCH ANGELS'. The one called the Angel of Death.

And I tell you; IT SUCKS!!! You DO NOT EVER WANT TO BE ONE!

# the church and # their messengers. Death to them all.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

The angels of the Abrahamic Religions are the messengers and enforcers of God. They are terrible and impressive and are not smiling, cute, bastardizations that your grandma's weird friend says she sees dancing across the clouds.

I've heard it said that when dealing with calling spirits, some of the angels of God are far more terrifying than any demon one could encounter.

Anyway, to the op: Just as there are different types of physical beings (cat, human, bird), I believe there are different types of spiritual beings as well. Angels are just one of these types. I can't really say anything more than that, but I think that certain spirits have very specific purposes, ie one might exist solely to control the wind, while another might be in charge of the health (good or bad) of an entire ecosystem.

I def find truth in your post, TY! Just wanted to add "Why would spirits need lady or man parts?" They do not need to reproduce they are eternal and limitless IMO, as all energy is seen or unseen, and multidimensional. We are so limited to 3D it is hard to imagine any other realms I suppose. But there is a lot going on at the micro-level we never see, but yet it is real! Look at you for instance, our brain control everything that our body does, do you have to think or know about how anything works? You are breathing and blood is pumping without your knowledge or direction. Your cells are reproducing without you actively thinking about it. I say there is an unimaginable incalculable amount of unseen happenings without our awareness. Imagine the space between things, fascinating. You are made up of more space than matter, how does that work? Never doubt a thing, it is truly magnificent!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Without angels how would you know what god wanted? Apparently somewhere its said man cannot look on the face of god who so loves us etc etc

But for the early parts of the bible and lets face it angels haven't appeared since that time to be recorded, people would not have had any means of learning about the existence of a god. No messenger no message.

What we supposedly have had is profits (I know the spelling because profits seem to get money in order for them to live off the backs of others as they don't work. The step between the spiritual and material.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego
The bible only mention one Arc Angel, that is Michael.

Michael is everywhere
Gabriel in the Nativity.
Raphael in Tobit .
Uriel in the Gnostics.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

IMO the ones people thought were angels in the bible were actually highly advanced/evolved physical beings, probably multidimensional with the ability to travel through space and maybe time? You have to look at the times, people explain anomalies relative to their experience or culture. What was experienced and written about prior to the bible? There was a vast amount of history before the biblical rendition of the times.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Yippee I love that you have that point of view...I have a hundred ways to interpret every story in the Bible from mundane to sci fi to coo coo. The fact you don't see what I do here and thought with time and scrutiny anyone would is a good reminder that the interpretations are endless and I gotta be even more flexible in my thinking still. I always thought it was quite obvious, and is more so in Greek, that the whole four heads thing described a part of what Ezekiel and others refer to as the Spirit of the Lord which is some type of vehicle in my opinion. It seems that for once, the twisting of texts and evidence to suggest ancient aliens actually isn't a twist at all here, not the ETs are necessarily involved but would be a logical hypothesis as to who'd be operating it. I recently saw an awesome page illustrating this theory I'll post. Without looking at Ezekiel as an "abduction" or rather a series of, it makes sense no other way. The spirit of the Lord is metallic and goes this way and that and has four animals attached with four faces each and rests on wheels. The animals are landing gear but their moving looking the way they did made him think they were animals or call them that for lack of vocabulary. And I forget but I believe the four faces coincide with the four animals which represent the four archangel, an appropriate way to decorate a ship used by God's soldiers if you entertain the ETs equal angels and demons theory. As far as lack of vocabulary, one example which just about made me "uh HUH!" when I finally got it and it made me sure such a strange story was a spaceship story was when he talks about traveling. The spirit of the Lord lifts him up and suddenly he is inside the spirit of the Lord, like being inside a trippy Spirit of St Louis. And the uh HUH moment was when, and it took me ages tho now DUH, how easy. He says after going inside "i was in the view of the Lord." Forgive me if I made a mistake I've only read the Bibls in English twice (and it may as well be called another name- Based on the Bible. The words were carefully chosen and meaning and lots of hidden messages and such can't be seen in English much less the original meaning with the liberties publishers take). But I realized ok, he is picked up with a tractor beam, yes this is my opinion he says another way which points to a tractor beam too in a later chapter saying, "the Spirit lifted me up BETWEEN EARTH AND HEAVEN and took me in visions of God to Jerusalem." This parts neat, visions of God and earlier he says of another trip the Lords hand was inside him Then he found himself in the Spirit in the view of the Lord. in the view of the Lord!? Huh? It makes no sense at all unless this is an ancient person's way to describe something never before seen at the time, but known by all of us as...anyone? Birds eye view. So we know the Spirit of the Lord is shaped like a wheel, has four legs, has an interior, when it opens there's a throne (big seat) and a human like thing or likeness (astronaut suit has been a theory, I think maybe remotely controlled with an avatar or holographic pre sense, when they speak Ezekiel says their word came inside him, most if I abductees say telepathy is means of communication...(ask about Tower of Babel if u like telepathy) ,SOTL sounds like thunder when it lifts off, and gives a person birds eye view, it's use is to take hominids long distances... if we ain't reading about a ship I dunno what we are. I am NOT an alien buff whatsoever so I would be the last person to" go there" I just don't believe in aliens as most do rather this dichotomy of science world and spiritual world doesn't exist in my opinion. So I hate to call this thing a spaceship cuz of the images and meaning you all must have attached to that word. Is ufo better? Angels having big white feathery wings is renaissance art at work...angels could very well need vehicles and if ETs are angels we know they do. People say they have debunked renaissance paintings which, most of u are aware, show IF Is often but other than the sun/moon argument there's also the argument" that's what they painted when the skies open and angels come through. We mistake it for UFOs." Or dont we? Maybe that's how they travel. (Someone post link to painting where shepherds witness sky opening for announcement of Christ please) Anyway, it's the only thing I can get after reading it in eng and Greek if I'm wrong, oh well. I am still investigating here and there this possibility and that and my beliefs change daily. I do though, like looking at all the ways the Bible could be true when seen with symbols in mind, new scientific (air quotes) discoveries, supposing there was a translation here, or we were technologically superior antedilluvian. I am pretty sure about one thing though i believe we are in a 100% spiritual world already and things that we'd consider explain the world around us but we don't relate it to God is labeled science and explanations of the unknown religion. And that attitude is what is so confusing. There is one universe in the Bible, Greek myth, Indian legends etc. This is it. The angels are here with us and the demons, God and heaven and hell. We have all heard of beings of pure light, could they not be immortal? Or angels here in this universe people call aliens? At least on planets where a day is equal to 800,000 yrs on earth and therefore nearly immortal? And I believe there are other dimensions in our universe. Like hell which has some pretty neat evidence regarding its existence or heaven where God" lives" and perhaps our spirits do after death as we convert to equal amount of but different type of energy? There's just so much disagreement between religious and nonreligious when I think if we'd just drop looking at science and spirit as opposite when they're either unrelated or one in the same. An atheist calls em aliens and believes in other dimensions cuz the laws of physics are solid and thinks Ezekiel was ignorant thinking that aliens are God's army and a Christian thinks they're angels and believes in the afterlife (since they believe the dimensions heaven and hell exist but know we aren't three-dimensional beings so we at least much reach death before attaining a self capable of accessing them) and Ezekiel was picked up by the Spirit of the Lord which had a visible energy like metal and was controlled by God's angels...and an ancient Greek would think he was picked up in Helios chariot and Hindus by Kali's...I dunno why I'm rambling about this or if it makes sense to anyone but tho tempted to delete I'm posting it still. But consider it. Maybe this world is everything, there's nowhere else to go abd it's all here with us, where just stuck in one dimension of it.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I'll just focus on the gender question, without getting into anything else.
Strict philosophically-based theology says they must be without gender, because they have no physical bodies.

Let's toss the "no bodies" thing out the wind0w.

Jacob -wrestled- an angel in the Old Testament.

I grew up in a Byzantine church and the angels were depicted as simply heads with wing originating in what would be the upper neck area... no bodies at all.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
They did have flesh they also ate manna the texts are very clear on this not sure where you got you info from a reply to: FlyersFan

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I found the page with all the illustrations explaining how the supposed UFO looked. It was on ATS whaddya know. I remember it well now since I always thought I had figured Ezekiel out and was a total insider if not full on creative mind behind the UFO theory then I saw that page and was all embarrassed. "U mean everyone considered that!?" ::nervous Rodney Dangerfield collar loosen:: Embarassed again now lol. In reality though it's the English thing. Sometimes I think without the original text there's parts of the Bible that just didn't come out right and meaning is lost in translation. I guess this isn't one of those parts

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
They are the Elohim they are all male the texts are very clear about this hence sataneal and arrazth and the rest of the level one cherubims were upset god created the woman for man hence why the left to mate with the women each angel has a specific duty and every day The Lord gives the assignment to metatron the king of the angels who then passes them down the line

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join