It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who or what are the angels? Are they male or female?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: bitsforbytes
Is there any scientific proof of their existence?

True. None.
I was speaking from a theological point of view.
It is almost completely accepted that angels are pure spirit beings.
According to theology, they can't be male or female.

According to some theologies they can be both. Androgynous.
edit on 18-11-2014 by Abednego because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego

originally posted by: jjkenobi
As for the gender of angels, it is interesting to note that in Genesis when a sect of angels "fell" from Heaven and assumed physical bodies they were male and mated with human females and produced hybrid offspring called Nephilim.

Perhaps in the spiritual form there is no gender.

Interesting to note that bible does not specify if they assumed physical bodies, meaning that they fell "as is".

Okay, but it says they mated with the daughters of men and produced offspring. Are you saying they accomplished this as gender-less spiritual beings with no physical body?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Also to note, if one does not believe in angels why do they feel the need to post multiple times in a thread where people are discussing angels?

Why not?

The world would be pretty boring if everyone simply agreed with and believed each other.

Besides, it's fun.

One doesn't need to believe that Harry Potter is real to be able to have an intelligent discussion about what happened in the book. Same with the Bible.
edit on 18-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Great thread because truly, what and who are the Arc Angels?
Whether you are Roman Catholic or Christian or Islamic or Jewish,
the Angels are pretty much the same.
With exactly or at least darn close names and jobs.
3 religions typically at each others throats but share Arc Angels ?
It's a bit odd. They can't decide on a God but Angels? No problem.
Maybe the Angels are the secret ingredient for all 3
coming together out of respect .

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

So if objective evidence of angels surfaced, where would you put it? In the science forums or the faith forums?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

As for the gender of angels, it is interesting to note that in Genesis when a sect of angels "fell" from Heaven and assumed physical bodies they were male and mated with human females and produced hybrid offspring called Nephilim.

Perhaps in the spiritual form there is no gender.

Interesting to note that bible does not specify if they assumed physical bodies, meaning that they fell "as is".

Okay, but it says they mated with the daughters of men and produced offspring. Are you saying they accomplished this as gender-less spiritual beings with no physical body?

Either that or they were gender define with physical bodies. (this is getting interesting, I think I need a cup of wine and a cigar)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak

The bible only mention one Arc Angel, that is Michael.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

The bible only mention one Arc Angel, that is Michael.

Don't let Gabriel hear you say that, he's already got a middle kid complex.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

In christianity, well read these to know but essentially if you reverse what christ say's here then the angel's may very well have once been people just like us but perhaps less sinful as individuals, were the human or another race though?.

Matthew 22:23-33 That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24 “Teacher,” they said, “Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and have children for him. 25 Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26 The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27 Finally, the woman died. 28 Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?” 29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 31 But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you, 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.”

Luke 20:27-40 Some of the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to Jesus with a question. 28 “Teacher,” they said, “Moses wrote for us that if a man’s brother dies and leaves a wife but no children, the man must marry the widow and have children for his brother. 29 Now there were seven brothers. The first one married a woman and died childless. 30 The second 31 and then the third married her, and in the same way the seven died, leaving no children. 32 Finally, the woman died too. 33 Now then, at the resurrection whose wife will she be, since the seven were married to her?” 34 Jesus replied, “The people of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35 But those who are considered worthy of taking part in that age and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage, 36 and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels.66 They are God’s children, since they are children of the resurrection. 37 But in the account of the bush, even Moses showed that the dead rise, for he calls the Lord ‘the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.’ 38 He is not the God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive.” 39 Some of the teachers of the law responded, “Well said, teacher!” 40 And no one dared to ask him any more questions.

Mark 12:18-27 Then the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 19 “Teacher,” they said, “Moses wrote for us that if a man’s brother dies and leaves a wife but no children, the man must marry the widow and have children for his brother. 20 Now there were seven brothers. The first one married and died without leaving any children. 21 The second one married the widow, but he also died, leaving no child. It was the same with the third. 22 In fact, none of the seven left any children. Last of all, the woman died too. 23 At the resurrection whose wife will she be, since the seven were married to her?” 24 Jesus replied, “Are you not in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God? 25 When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 26 Now about the dead rising—have you not read in the book of Moses, in the account of the bush, how God said to him, ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? 27 He is not the God of the dead, but of the living. You are badly mistaken!”

There shall be no difference between the sexes of man and woman, they shall have new celestial bodys (clean white/pure garment's), they shall be as the angels'.

Man is made to work, the angel's do god's work so that is the future not the pagen paradise with the never ending wine bar and lot's of grass skirt wearing pretty young thing's as some beleive, if we have not worked our due here on earth we have to catch up then so I have one hell of lot of work to do.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If a Dove is the symbol of peace and love, then a screaming, thunderous Eagle must mean ether victory or Gods having a bad day at work up there.
edit on 18-11-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So if objective evidence of angels surfaced, where would you put it? In the science forums or the faith forums?

If i wanted it to be a debate then i would state the title as something like possible proof of angels. Thereby opening up for debate. If i wanted to talk among those who already believe then i would make the title who or what are angels. Are they male or female? Yes the forum chosen would also leed to discussions depending on what is chosen but perhaps you see what i am getting at.

lol now you ask why we should allow other opinions to be spoken and debated. That question you pose below me is laughable when considering what has happened in history when someone with the mindset you pose gain power to stop any dissant or opposing views. Dictatorship comes to mind but here we have stolen too much space from the op with your idiocracy. It was a nice laugh though.
edit on 18-11-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

Here is Jacob wrestling with th Angel...

just an opinion, but: Angel's should stay out of politics and social issues and stick to military concerns.
edit on 18-11-2014 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Why encourage echo chambers? Has an echo chamber ever lead someone closer to the truth?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
i'm inclined to accept this version of an Angel...i think that's why the religious leaders discouraged and possibly forbade people to plead for their intercession....

its the last thing in the world you want to come through.

edit on 18-11-2014 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

Angels are created spirit beings. They are composed of spirit essence and therefore exist outside of the physical realm. They were created to serve and share in a vital role for the creation of Elohim (God's family; created from physical mankind).

As spirit beings they have free moral agency (the ability to determine for themselves what is right and what is wrong); they do not exist via instinct as many of the physical animal realm operates; they think on their own and make choices which bare consequences as men do.

As spirit beings they are "mind" beings. They exist as thoughts; because they are thought beings they can appear in whatever manner they "think" to appear as when Almighty God allows for physical manifestation.

God's Holy Spirit (His mind/spirit) sustains the angelic realm.

Because they are free moral agents, they have been given the freedom to agree with Almighty God (angel) or disagree with Almighty God (demon); however because they are composed of spirit (not mortal) once the "choice" for or against was made; it could never be unmade. Those who followed Lucifer in rebelling against the laws/rules of God lost their ability to agree with God moving forward (due to being cutoff from the spiritual guidance of Almighty God).

As thought/mind/spirit beings they have the ability to "broadcast thoughts" and influence the minds of mankind. For those who choose to go against their creator, they desire to destroy mankind's ability to become Elohim by leading mankind to sin; for those who remained faithful to their Creator, they desire mankind to make choices in agreement with Almighty God and receive their inheritance as children of God in Elohim.

They have far greater purpose then this post has explained, however that purpose is not meant to be given at this time, the words in this post are sufficient for this OP and any wondering the answer to the OP's question.

God Bless,

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak

According to scripture there were originally 3 arch-angels:

1. Michael (Protector/Warrior)
2. Gabriel (Word of God/Messenger)
3. Lucifer (Ruler/Arts/Music)

When Lucifer rebelled (chose to go against the laws/rules of Almighty God), he brought 1/3rd of all angels with him in rebellion. Just as he represented 1/3rd of the arch-angels; his sin spread to 1/3rd of all angels.

Because of Lucifer's fall from Grace, Raphael was added to the Arch-angel designation for Arts/Music purposes; but because the one created to rule was incapable of ruling righteously (Lucifer) no angel was given that responsibility in Lucifer's stead; angels had proven, even when given all the beauty, power, and talents of Lucifer that they cannot govern the Creation righteously; only God and the God Family (Elohim) could be trusted with ruler ship.

With great purpose God allowed Lucifer to continue ruling the physical realm in part; but with extremely limited powers and only temporarily; this was required for the eventual creation of Elohim from mankind. His rule will end at the return of Jesus Christ, when the current age ends and the rule of Jesus Christ over all things begins to restore peace among life (agreement with God). Only then will a ruler in full agreement with God (Jesus Christ Elohim) restore the Creation to its original purpose, all perfectly according to plan.

God Bless,
edit on 18-11-2014 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

they say you can't see an angel as it's spirit...but that night those two men didn't fight as individual boxers for a leather belt or a cash payout...but for the soul of America, which was near collapse at the time.

Joe Frazier fought as the Champion of 20 Million black folks of the American South.
Muhammed Ali fought as the Champion of some collection of people but definitely not as a single man out for personal glory.

i think there would be no way that the idea of an angel could have ever developed without a source which can be described and appreciated with the 5 senses.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I have absolutely no idea what any of this means.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

its about Angels, what they are, what they do.

for example:

the Catholic Church had nearly completely collapsed on April 24, 2006...shortly after a battle earlier that same month.

it had collapsed in the sense that it was overrun by its enemies...

i'm only remembering this because i'm watching the installation of the new Arch-Bishop of Chicago; it seems to be in fact a resurrection of the Church and a new beginning for it in Chicago now as well as many other places.

the enemy regime only lasted 8 months, as you all remember well, i'm sure. but the point is that while angels may be spirits if one is mindful of what they are seeing with their eyes they can see them at work in many places.

understanding is like a riddle:

what do Joseph Bernadine, Francis George, Jane Byrne, Joan Rivers and Aaliyah have in common?

how could i answer such a riddle without being incredibly offensive?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I still have no idea what you are talking about.

Like, at all.

This might as well be word salad, as far as I can tell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join