It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Friday Shoppers Get in Line 3 Weeks Early

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
people have issues...thats all i can say...check this out

www.wmji.com...

Some stores are trying to resist Black Friday madness by refusing to open on Thanksgiving, but for die-hard shoppers, it's never too early to get ready for the mega-sales. Take Vicky Torres and Juanita Salas, who were already bundled up and camped out in front of the Beaumont, Calif., Best Buy weeks before everyone starts defrosting their turkeys.

They've been there since last Wednesday, ABC 7 reports, and they're "good to go" for the duration, Torres says, with warm clothing, hot coffee, and food. "The point is to get the sales, because everybody is on a fixed income and we don't have that kind of money to splurge," says Salas' husband, Jacob Alva.
---------------------

they dont have that kind of money to splurge.....no money to 'splurge' on gifts but apparently all the time in the world to sit in line outside of a store for 3 weeks.....
i wonder what they could do to get money instead of sitting outside of a store.....hmmmmmm

if only there were place that would give you money in exchange for you doing things.......

does anyone know if there is a place like that? if not, someone should invent it

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

I stay as far away from Black Friday as possible. I avoid even going near the malls or over to Terre Haute, where all the stores are. Crazy people willing to cause traffic accidents and push/shove their way in to a store to save a few bucks. They can have it.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
i don live in america, so i have no idea how this goes...can someone give me an example of how much stuff is discounted?
is this really worth it?
and did those people just what, take time off work to sit in front of a shop for 3 weeks?
at the very least i would go insane, i've recently stopped smoking and i'm finding it incredibly hard to sit at my office desk for hours at a time, not having the excuse of a smoke break anymore.
staying 3 weeks on the same general area/street would drive me to insanity

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
i don live in america, so i have no idea how this goes...can someone give me an example of how much stuff is discounted?

and did those people just what, take time off work to sit in front of a shop for 3 weeks?

i cant give you a percentage of discounts but there are some ok deals....nothing that warrants standing in line for the night, let alone 3 weeks to get the deal.

as for the time off work?

my quess would be their 'fixed income' is some sort of welfare...so, no job.
no job is going to let you take 3 weeks off work to go shopping....

if they have a job where they get 3 weeks vacation time then they wouldnt need/want to stand in line for 3 weeks.

this goes hand in hand with some of the recent threads about the job market and wages and such.

people have 3 weeks to spend outside of a store waiting to buy a tv they really cant afford, but no time to work...
you know how it goes

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Insanity! Something tells me their time could be much better spent.

I avoid all stores around the holiday season. Even the grocery store, I go early in the morning several days before Thanksgiving and several days before Christmas and make sure I don't need anything to carry me through the actual holiday. It's the one thing I HATE about the holidays.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

I think the word we're looking for here is "loitering"...where the hell are these people's jobs that they can spend 3 weeks in a parking lot? And what good is it going to do them? Who's to say they're first "in line" besides them? Anybody could show up at any time and simply stand in front of them and get in first. There's no line forming just because they say so.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
BUY! CONSUME! OBEY!

Enjoy waiting in the frigid cold for... whatever it is that seems so valuable.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It's funny, if those people had jobs how much might they make in those 3 week working instead of camping outside a store....

Seems simple, but I guess that explains why they're out there...

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

yeah, thats what im thinking too.
i dont understand it...

its not like they are waiting in line for something they need...

scratch that....they need a flat screen and blu ray

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is a form of madness.
I would avoid these people.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
even if they are first in line, people will be tearing the stuff out of their hand zand start fights etc....I put myself on house arrest for that date (and boxing day) to avoid the madness...

If they can be there for 3 wks (without gaining income) then say it is because they dont have a lot of money.....am i alone here seeing a trend...

My guess is that they are likely on welfare...and if so I would cancell their checks as they should be actively searching for work, not satying in line for weeks on end to spend taxpayer money

I dont have a lot of patience for ingnorance....same for the idiots that stand in line a apple store to get the newer models of devices they spent a small fortune on only a few months prior.......

It is a materialistic world that mwe live in and no one can say otherwise.

facepalm!

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
oh.... and if they fall asleep...

I'm cutting in line

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
...while I sit at home on my computer and get the same deals from the stores website.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Most likely on welfare tweeting about it on their newest iphone.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

because everybody is on a fixed income and we don't have that kind of money to splurge

They don't have money to splurge, so they are sitting in front a store for 3 weeks to splurge instead of, hmmm, working?

Replied before noticing others said the same thing

edit on 18-11-2014 by InvisibleOwl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The deals aren't even that great on Black Friday. The best deals are online early November

top topics

join