It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Eye of Power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
So The Eye of Power, what is it and what can it do, preferably for us, well i was looking through a private online collection yesterday of Sumerian Seals and much to my delight came across an example involving the Eye of Power and it's contextual application and so i'll run with that and here it is;

It's the seal listed as ' Akkadian Cylinder Seal with Seated Goddess, Altar and Tree Myth' and their general observations of what is involved aren't bad at all but i'll elaborate myself, the myth involves a version of Inanna and the Huluppu Tree but not the better known version as assimilated into the Gilgamesh corpus, were he sorts the problematic tree out through brute strength, a stupid version, but the version involving the Eye of Power.

The tree which was planted in Ante-Diluvian times by Enki was swept away in the waters until recovered and planted by Inanna, but there are problems within it, primarily the serpent that as a warder of the Earth has wrapped itself around the roots and won't leave.

Then a serpent who could not be charmed
Made its nest in the roots of the Huluppu-tree.
The Anzu-bird set his young in the branches of the tree.
And the dark maid Lilith built her home in the trunk.

The young woman who loved to laugh wept.
How Inanna wept!
Yet they would not leave her tree

In this version of the myth it is Ninshubur that persuades the serpent to leave the roots of the tree;

Enki, the Wise Old One, Enki,
The Father, stood by Inanna,
And smiled.

Behind her he pointed, over her shoulders.
Around she turned to see what was there,
Around she turned to see who had followed.
Ninshubur it was, the one who had followed,
Once Queen of the East, behind Inanna she had hidden,
Inanna's companion, now her faithful servant.

Together they stood, side-by-side,
Together they set forth, shoulder-to-shoulder,
Together they travelled as one.
Quickly to the tree, to the Huluppu-tree
The tree where the serpent, who could not be charmed, nested.

Then Ninshubur fastened on the serpent the eye of power.
She spoke to him the word of order,
She whispered to him the cry of love.

She embraced him.

The serpent, who could not be charmed, loosened the roots,
The serpent, who could not be charmed, from the Huluppu-tree, went forth;.

On the seal we see wise old Enki far left holding a scepter of power, and then seated Ninshubur looking distinctly reptilian herself summoning forth the Eye of Power represented by the star, Inanna is beneath the arched tree and holding the scepter of power of Enki which is to be translated to his son Dumuzid, and it is Lilith of the clawed feet that is seen bending over the tree such that it's top touches upon the Earth, once the serpent has departed she uproots it and carries it off to Uruk.

And Lilith smashed her home and bore the tree into the city,
Into the sacred city of Uruk, she carried it.

From the trunk of the tree the sons of Uruk carved a shining throne for Inanna,
From the trunk of the tree, the daughters of Uruk carved a luscious bed for Her;

The Eye of Power here is the representation of the star Sirius, the highest star of the Sumerian celestial axis-tree, a blazing star invoked by fire, the capacity of Ninshubur to wield this lies in her association with Orion and the Eye in the Hand symbolism that is also commonly associated with Orion, there is recognition in the myth that all of this was according to the device of the serpent, if run through the Biblical paradigm Ninshubur has effectively ended The Fall.

The reason that the Eye of Power can have association with the pyramid is that is the sign for 'place of establishment', it can refer to a singular city or a Mountain of the horizon or indeed the entire Earth, it simply indicates that something has been established, the clear and brilliant light of the star Sirius symbolizes the highest illumination that can be achieved and could also be symbolized by the diamond or 'shuba' stone in terms of a multi faceted approach.

So there we have it long story short, Inanna gets her bed everyone lives happily ever after.

Edin and the Huluppu Tree

Tree of Life in Dilmun iconography

Ninshubur as Orion iconography

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

Does the eye in hand have anything to do with the Hand of Fatima? I know that Fatima was the daughter of the Prophet Mohammad, but is there a connection?

-MM
edit on 18-11-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

Yes that was the updating of the older symbol into an Islamic context;

Native American usage of the symbol is very interesting with regards to serpents, but it also represents a portal to the Celestial realm, in the context in the OP that is more the application of Celestial power.

many anthropologists now believe that The Hand constellation, made up of the lower half of Orion, was considered a portal to the Otherworld in Southeastern US cosmology.

The Lakota and other Plains Indians also saw a star grouping they called The Hand in the bottom half of what we call Orion

In researching some Mississippian sites, experts have suggested that marks on the palm of the hands symbolized points where the spirit may enter or leave the body..

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Thanks Kantzveldt
for more ancient information in relation to Ancient Sumer and the ANNUNAKI GODS/GODDESS. It seems as if this trees significance captured the interest of a few ANNUNAKI, perhaps the Serpentaz was guarding it until those worthy of its possession came along to prevent it from falling into the wrong more malevolent hands. Again signifying the potential with benevolence when Observing LORD ENKI and his many actions...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Yes along those lines, my understanding is that what was considered is that the serpent represents a subterranean control and development system installed since the time of first establishment of Earth as an ongoing project of the Apkallu.

Inanna ever represents the spirit of independence, and with the serpent controlling affairs from the depths, generating untoward spiritual influences in the guise of Lilith and watched over by the Anzu birds of Divine enforcement, she simply doesn't have it, the tree represents our overall spiritual development.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Thanks, Kantz. The Hand of Fatima symbol speaks very strongly to me after a meditation experience I had when I was younger. During deep meditation, I saw a white star with my inner eye and entered it, then I was pulled out of my body upwards by invitation of a large a hand that I could not see but only sense. There were three voices singing a deep continuous "AAA" and I was flooded by very powerful love emotions from this hand. Everything I saw was toned grey and there were no colors. I chickened out from all the powerful and unusual impressions and asked god (I used that name but I had no idea what or whom I was dealing with) in my mind to take me back, and I immediately woke up from the meditiation trance. I'm positive that the Hand of Fatima (Orion?) has something to do with it, unless it was a complete made up eperienced by my subconcious mind - who knows.

Any ideas what it could have been that I experienced? I personally believe that I would have died had I gone any further and that I accidently stumbled over the entrance to death/spirit world. What does the Sumerians and Native American say about entering this underworld of Orion - as far as I know it's the kingdom of death - the Egyptians spoke of it too afaik.

-MM

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
it feels like the egyptians might have borrowed some of their symbology from the sumerians...

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

In the traditional Arabian context the hand simply relates to Betelgeuse, the overall representation of Orion as a female warrior does trace back to Sumeria and Ninshubur see the Sumerian Orion Mystery

Betelgeuse comes from yad al-jauza (mistranslated originally as bat al jauza) meaning “the hand of the Central One,” referring to a mysterious and powerful female entity who kneels in the night sky with the Milky Way at her shoulder Rigel comes from the Arabic rijl al-jauza, meaning “the foot of the Central One.” Belatrix, another star in the constellation, means a fierce female warrior

Because Ninshubur-Orion was the first minister of the High Celestial God Anu she did have the mediating role between Heaven and Earth, in that sense she is a link between the two realms, not a portal as such, but providing connectivity, Orion then having something of a traditional role in linking Earth to the greater Heavens, your vision seems in line with that.

I used to have a little silver filigree hand of Fatima chain myself, bought it travelling across North Africa to keep the natives at bay and fill them with superstitious dread.

a reply to: TzarChasm

Yes they had a symbolic language that was common between the two cultures to some extent, here's a nice mountain of the horizon/pyramid symbol from the seal collection i linked to in the OP.

edit on Kpm1130321vAmerica/ChicagoTuesday1830 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

That is interesting. I believe that your Sumerian Stargates (your old thread), the 7 wheeled Surya chariot, and the rainbow gates in occult circles are one and the same thing. Established by Enki, supposedly. The gates are used for transportation, but also streams the divine/spritual energy from the center of our galaxy, through Orion, and then through our Sun, until it comes to Earth and raises the frequency of all living things - the seven main chakras are also in the 7 colors of the rainbow. I postulate that before Enki created the rainbow gates life here on Earth was more primitive - on a lower spiritual frequency. It all makes sense as it is all about raising our spiritual frequencies when it comes to the Eastern religions and belief systems. This also explains the Cycles of the Ages, where man have Golden Ages - where we are spiritual and life is good - and more primitive ages where we are warlike and more like animals; this is because our solar system moves closer and further in cycles to the source (Orion) of the spiritual energy. I further postulate that the En (Enki, Enlil, Ea, etc.) can manipulate the streams of this divine energy, thus raising the frequencies of entire systems by channeling the energies by their design. An entertaining thought at least. Abzu flowing from the house of the cosmic waters, Enki's temple.

Peace out!

-MM

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

the eye of ra/horus was also a powerful thing. said to wield the power of the sun. its used in some circles as a circumpunct, link below. ...pun unintended.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-11-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Yes the only cyclic connection with Orion i'm aware of is the precession one were it was at it's lowest elevation in the Southern skies some 13,000 years ago and is currently at it's highest, speculation on that was made by the Theosophists such as Gerald Massey and popularized in more recent times with the Orion Theory of Bauval and Hancock.

That's in conjunction of course with the translation of the constellations between the solstice and equinox points and my interest was in the gate at Taurus-Gemini were the ecliptic plane intersects with the Galactic, currently aligned to the summer solstice.

a reply to: TzarChasm

Before it became seen as the eye of Ra, Horus or Hathor it was the eye of Wadjet the cobra Goddess, as the eye of Atum it could in earlier times have corresponded to Sumerian notions of the eye of power.

Wadjet was the daughter of Atum (or later Ra) who was sent her as his "eye" to find Tefnut and Shu when they were lost in the waters of Nun. He was so happy when they returned that he cried and created the first human beings from his tears. To reward his daughter, he placed her upon his head in the form of a cobra so that she would always be close to him and could act as his protector.

edit on Kpm1130321vAmerica/ChicagoTuesday1830 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

top topics

join