It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a huge structure on Mars?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I think you just killed my thread
great work, and from that perspective, it doesn't look unusual anymore.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
Is this Mars or not ?
Is this a HOAX or not?

I'm confused..

It's not a hoax, and it is Mars, check the link in my OP.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld

I think you just killed my thread
great work, and from that perspective, it doesn't look unusual anymore.

Well...I agree..."it's a rock"...which is the conclusion that I come to 99% of the time after careful examination...

But also...If you held a gun to my head and asked me if there was ever life on Mars, my answer is a solid "yes". Understanding what I know about the universe and the shocking durability and prevalence of life...Nature has a strong bias toward life and nature also doesn't strike me as "wasting space"

the questions that follow...was their "advanced" life on mars? Or any artificial or biological artifacts on the surface that could have survived the past 3 Billion years? Much less certain...

I hope one day we find significant artifacts ..artificial or biological in nature...but until then, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, otherwise how will we know the real deal when we see it?
edit on 20-11-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Neat picture, OP. I'm usually pretty quick to dump on these things, but I find this one interesting.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftBuilder

originally posted by: rebelv
It actually reminds me of those ancient cities in which
the city was enclosed by walls and look out towers,
basically a fortress with a small city inside of it.

You mean like this...

Link to source

Exactly. You got it.

Most people I see posting in deference to their belief
that intelligent life existed on Mars seem to be of the opinion
(from my observations) that said civilization was of a much
advanced technology than our own, but some of the alleged
artifacts that I'm seeing from mars pictures suggests to me
this civilization may actually have been more around our
15th century or earlier.

However, if there was a nuclear event on earth, and explorers
came here hundreds of thousands or maybe even millions of
years later, its within the realm of reasonability that most of the
structures still around would be the ancient structures and cities
on earth, that have endured for who knows how long, while
modern structures would probably be long since vanished due
to nature.

Just my two cents.

Rebel 5

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

Thanks for those pictures. I do think there is an Egyptian
Mars connection. Maybe its just a coincidence but the
location where the Great Pyramid and The Sphinx are
located (Giza) actually translates to Mars, and In
addition in the Egyptian origin stories (which were
probably borrowed heavily from The Sumerians as well
as evidence that The Egyptians did not build The great
Pyramid or The Sphinx) that men from the sky came
and gave them technology (primarily language,
farming and cultivation skills, etc..) and the men from
the sky were asked where they came from and they
responded Mars which is why the area (from what I've read
from Richard C. Hoagland "Monuments on Mars) was
named after Mars.

Rebel 5

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rebelv

Hoagland?? You're taking Hoagland seriously? The guy who has Ben caught in more than a few lies including that he created the Pioneer 10 plaque?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Here's a side-by-side of the two images. Click on the smaller image to see a bigger one.

I added lines to both images to show the "walls." To me it appears the camera angle of the new image is a bit more oblique than the older image.

The approach angle of the satellite in the new image is almost the opposite of the first. And the solar illumination direction is also different. So the hill or valley below the "structure" is more visible. And it takes out the NW corner of the "structure."

However, I think, because the camera angle of the new image is more oblique than the first it appears to flatten out the rectangular shape. Once the lines are drawn in the same fashion as the first, the "structure" outline is still equilateral, but squashed as one expect from the new angle.

I just thought I'd throw that new info into the mix because we have already spent so much time on this image. Make of it what you will.

As far as my belief, given what we know about Mars, I would have to say that it's a rock, for now. Sigh....

Oh well, on to the next mystery!

dex

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Late on the thread and feeling "Shillish".

-It's not square. Not even close actually.

-The top right hand corner of the "structure" just doesn't exist in the first photo. I hope someone has noticed that blatant fact.

-They're hills and mountains. -and, of course, rocks as well.

edit on 20-11-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

That's a natural formation though...

Really now..

The Tepe Malik Shah that Resembles the Mars Face Mound in Cydoina is Artificial Not Natural...
s242.photobucket.com...

You Know there is 2 D&M Pyramids in Cydonia Right ? that Pretty Much Resembles the Dadan Mound which some Scientist think that its was for Agricultural purposes and Some Claim its a MODIFIED Mountain or a Ancient Burial Mound and of Course the mound is near a Body of water .. also check up about the Spiral Mound on Mars Cydonia and The Acropolis Fortification ( Mound ) on Earth Pasargadae Iran

yet we will not know whats buried in Mars till we have the Technology to Get there and Terraform & Adapt the planet to our environment and excavate these Curiosity Sites

but There Is Similar Structure Mounds to Ancient Ruins from Iran & Iraq like there is in Cydonia Mars and other places as well... This is all Speculation & Conjecture till we have Legitimate Surfaced Proof.. and The Media Speaks which will never Happen in my time ...

Well Here Some Photos of Iran Ancient Ruins ( Arial View in the late 1930s ) still buried in sand.. all or Partial or dusted ..

Iran: Aerial Survey Flights
oi.uchicago.edu...

a Square Structures in Iran Like in the OP'S Photo on Mars

Pretty Much Resembles the INCA CITY on MARS

yeah pretty Much Buried in Sand & Dust Some say Natural Formation Some Say Artificial..

As I said Buried

Now People of ATS .. Its All Fun Discussing about a Connection of Cydonia's & IRAN's Similarity's

But DID any Members knew Where The Name Cydonia Comes From ?

A Fruit Tree that Comes From Mainly IRAN Cydonia oblonga

Quince ( Cydonia oblonga )
en.wikipedia.org...

Do This Makes you Wonder! eh...? it Does to me ..

Just A coincidence right ?

edit on 21-11-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
a reply to: skyblueworld

Credit for this find goes to this site HERE

No, and to think that is pretty ignorant. It's been discussed for years...do a search, a proper one.

And yes, it has four 90 degree angles.

Being rude and negative is quite ignorant.

Also why not offer some links to previous discussions instead of being rude? There are allowed to be multiple threads on a topic esp if it's been a while that one has been posted. And lastly not everyone here has seen every anomaly on Mars. Many people are new to them and there will always be new people. Why not guide them in a direction instead of be rude?

Now ON topic.

OP Nice pic. I think I've seen this before but not sure. I haven't looked at Mars anything in a while. I do believe Mars had a civilization at one point and there is evidence all over Mars. I think we see bits and pieces but they are quickly dismissed. I mean the Sphinx was buried to it's next when first discovered. How do we really know what's buried below Mars?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

The Tepe Malik Shah that Resembles the Mars Face Mound in Cydoina is Artificial Not Natural...

Ah! I am beginning to see where the website that claimed that the image in the OP is in Iran came from....

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

WOW! Maybe it was a spaceship hanger? Or maybe it was an observatory looking down at cavemen on earth? ami

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
That whole crater/hill thing gives my eyes fits. Especially when it starts flipping back and forth because your brain knows that it's a crater but it just keeps seeing a hill.

Hollow Mask illusion ... www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Yes, the face on mars is a natural formation...it has now been imaged multiple times.

Should we continue the argument about if Mars has a blue sky or not?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I haven't read through all the posts in this thread, so sorry if this has already been mentioned:

My first stop when someone finds an anomaly on Mars is to look at the high-res imagery from MRO's Context Camera (CTX) in Google Earth, and from MRO's HiRISE camera when possible. Such imagery provides much better resolution and detail.

Here's the "structure" as seen by the Context Camera:

Full image CTX stip: Click here

So, unless you let your imagination run really wild, what seems like a rectangular structure is just a play of angle, light, and shadow. There are far more peculiar shapes in the middle of that huge crater floor.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Yes, this was pointed out in the last few pages. I wasn't even aware of that option and have been using it quite a bit the last few days

Post 1
Post 2
edit on 21-11-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

Full image CTX stip: Click here

So, unless you let your imagination run really wild, what seems like a rectangular structure is just a play of angle, light, and shadow. There are far more peculiar shapes in the middle of that huge crater floor.

Wait a second! Is that a carcass of a brontosaurus at the bottom of the frame!?

Sorry...couldn't resist

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Hey...I appreciate your enthusiasm, but critical thinking is important.

What you provided was a near random laundry list of images mixed with wild conclusions and claims.

If you believe some piece of what you posted is compelling, then maybe slice it out, provide specifics as well as links, maybe start another OP and we can examine it?

Again...I strongly "believe" there was and is life on other planets in the universe, but I do not "know" there is or was life on other planets in the universe....we won't get there by believing random BS. The truth is what is left once the BS has been eliminated.

edit on 21-11-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

He uses those same images all the time. You won't get any kind of good layout/breakdown of information from him. He links back to crazy sources and if you try to say NASA doesn't color correct the images then you are a shill or a sheep.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join