It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a huge structure on Mars?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I agree that there is no round pond/pool in front of the pyramids at Giza.

However I was trying to draw your attention to the apparent look of a city with huge monuments surrounded by small houses!

However if you require pictures of fortresses with large circular ponds/pools positioned out the very front door, then I can only post Buckingham palace as a fine outstanding example out such things.

I hope that satisfies your curiosity?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MarsKingAQuestion

Nope. No circular pond at Buckingham...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

He's only trying to make a point, why are you requiring perfection from.... a theory?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Now you're just splitting hairs and trying to be difficult.

There is obviously a round structure in front of Buckingham Palace and it does seem to contain some water.

The OP specifically asked,

Looks like a structure to me, maybe I'm wrong? Can you see it?:

And I am faithfully fulfilling that request!

Because Mars had water once upon a time and that means there was at least enough air pressure present to stop it from suddenly boiling away to nothing and humans require at least 700millibars of air pressure or we would pass out from lack of air.

Therefor it is indeed quite possible that an ancient martian colony of oh yeah martians could have existed.

Do you have a problem with me or can you bring credible arguments against my wild case story

edit on 19-11-2014 by MarsKingAQuestion because: converted 0.7milbars into 700millibars for spelling and clarity.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
One person's pond is another's crater.

All opinions welcomed as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The Frenchies got the English all beat with the ponds at the palace @ Versailles.
Those are some ponds!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
One person's pond is another's crater.

All opinions welcomed as far as I'm concerned.

Sometimes they are both!
I submit Crater Lake as proof.
Alas, it is not on Mars.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well this is interesting...but mountains form in very odd ways sometimes. I would say more research by actual experts on the surface of Mars to be able to make a judgements. Although, it is something worth noting.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Interesting

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

The route I detailed shown pictorially!

Red is going up and blue is coming down.

There is a Matrix joke involving pills and losing contact with reality in there somewhere!

Wake Up Neo!
The Matrix Has You!

Well that was my vein/vain attempt at humor!

Can anyone else please draw out any more significant anomalous structures in the OP's source picture for further analysis

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Removed double post!
edit on 19-11-2014 by MarsKingAQuestion because: removed double post.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
a reply to: skyblueworld

I was bored and decided to look through all the pics on that site.... this one caught my eye for some reason

Looks to be a square within a square in the upper right corner.... interesting indeed. e1000472a

I was bored as you, and this another one looks very interesting too... e1000462d.jpg

ida.wr.usgs.gov...

edit on 19-11-2014 by MorgothaM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

So are all identical dust filled craters artificial in nature? Or just the ones you deem so?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

This isn't a theory, it's an exercise in pareidolia...

I agree your original image shows some very interesting terrain, but these other posts are just taking pareidolia to a whole new level and detract from any serious discussion of the structure you pointed out.

But if you seriously want me to address it?

His "pond" or "generic circular structure" isn't actually a circle. It is an oval, and not even a good one. It is not symmetrical. It's oblong, like most other angled impact sites on mars. Obviously this area has a HUGE amount of wind blow dust and this crater has filled in.

Concerning his "roads" I can't even comment as I don't see anything. Even with his horribly laid out lines.
edit on 19-11-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

This isn't a theory, it's an exercise in pareidolia...

I agree your original image shows some very interesting terrain, but these other posts are just taking pareidolia to a whole new level and detract from any serious discussion of the structure you pointed out.

But if you seriously want me to address it?

His "pond" or "generic circular structure" isn't actually a circle. It is an oval, and not even a good one. It is not symmetrical. It's oblong, like most other angled impact sites on mars. Obviously this area has a HUGE amount of wind blow dust and this crater has filled in.

Concerning his "roads" I can't even comment as I don't see anything. Even with his horribly laid out lines.

In which case this thread doesn't interest you. I would suggest spending your time elsewhere - surely you are wasting it here?

Edit: Oh yeah you are interested in the OP.
edit on 19-11-2014 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I know you edited your post after you realized I am actually interested in the OP, but baseless conjecture should not interest ANYONE.

The OP has interesting terrain. We can discuss what processes on Mars could have caused it, and if no processes are known then we don't have much to go on. We can assume that it is artificial if no natural process is known, or we can assume it is natural and we do not yet know the process which caused it.

Like I said, it looks like fracturing, but doesn't seem to match how fracturing patterns usually happen. Perhaps we will eventually get some more high res photos of the area or can even travel to it one day.

I do find it a fascinating area and the photo has been floating around for a while.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Hi MarsKingAQuestion,

Holy Pareidoliac Cow!!

I'm just kidding about the pareidolia part. I like to keep an open mind about these things and I admire your enthusiasm and expertise.

You came out of nowhere and provided an interesting and thorough analysis of this MOC image. However, some of your analyses and extrapolations remind me of Hoagland's Cydonia theories. I would caution you to beware of, and be prepared for, the jimoberg. According to the wikipedia article on Richard C. Hoagland, Jim Oberg was one of Mr. Hoagland's biggest critics. So, beware of that old dog. he bites real hard.

I was doing a bit of this type of analysis last night myself. Of course what I was doing was not nearly as extensive or as sophisticated as your attempts. You may already know this, but there is a lot more information about the image that may help you increase the accuracy of your geometric analysis. In looking at the MOC e1000462 Image page, the parameters of the image provide data about the angle of the camera and the incidence angle of the solar illumination.

The parameters description page describes the applicability of those data. As you have already mentioned, the solar incidence angle is important in determining the height of surface features as calculated based on their shadow.

I also found the Emission Angle data to be of interest because it addresses the effect of camera obliqueness. It has been postulated elsewhere in this thread that such influences are partly responsible for the "successful pareidolia" that the ATS citizens are perceiving.

It also appears that other citizens here have spotted some additional anomalies in adjacent images from the same date. I look forward to your take on those as well. Perhaps, in examining several adjacent images for the same area, a stronger case can be made for artificiality.

As I said, I look forward to more of your analyses. And I'll be one of the first in line to buy your book when you publish it.

Keep up the good work!!

dex

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I doubt that we will see any evidence of a potential former "life" right on the surface. Don't underestimate the power of Erosion - it can play tricks on us.

However our best chance to find any evidence of former life on Mars is to go into the caves. Those are the locations which are most likely protected from the elements and we know that under certain conditions fossils can be million of years old ..

But it will take centuries before we get to a point of actually looking for true evidence on Mars. That comes after establishing a permanent colony on Mars as well building some kind of regional transportation system (air, ground) - Mars is roughly half the size of Earth but it's still a freaking big rock.. so it will take years and years of work to survey potential location and research them. Look at the discovery of Earth - just recent history showed it took almost a 1000 years to get an partial understanding of our very own Planet and yet every day new discoveries are made .. Heck there are so many ancient civilizations that are lost and only a couple stories are available - and that's our history.

It will happen but not in our life time .. and I am pretty sure that we will find something - maybe not intelligent - but a lot points that Mars had once similar conditions as Earth and we know today that life is very adaptable.

We need to find a way to extend our life time ...

edit on 19-11-2014 by flyandi because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2014 by flyandi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
if the government was trying to "hide" this, they would have EASILY covered it up on photoshop so I dont think this is true at all. They would cover it up. You don't and I don't know how awfully advanced the government actually is. Modern technology is not close at all to what the government's technology could have........so I have a hard time believing.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: longy9999
a reply to: JustMike

Quoted from Internos in the other thread:

In according to the Ancillary data for MOC narrow-angle image E10-00462,
the width of the image is 3,27 Km (= 2.031 miles)

Thanks for finding the scale of the "structure".

I do agree it looks like a partially buried or destroyed
super-structure.

It actually reminds me of those ancient cities in which
the city was enclosed by walls and look out towers,
basically a fortress with a small city inside of it.

Just my observations.

Rebel 5

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join