It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impressive Speech Made by Putin to The World...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

All of his actions in the last decade were direct counters to western interference on his borders.

How was his brutal slaughter of civilians in Chechniya a "direct counter to western interference?"

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

I think Putin is pretty cool, sort of, He is under enormous pressure by the USA to conform , lest he pay dearly economiccally he is so fed up with the USA , I think is displaying great control , there are many many factors and issues we are not aware of , the Ruso/American oil battle is the crux

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I'll play can you please show us how NATO had anything to do with Crimea. And also please since you keep talking about these massacres that lead to Russia invading Ukraine the only issue is just wild claims about Ukraine trying to ban the Russian language. By the way huge RT lie there only Putin zombies bought that one.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Support your Fuhrer. It sounds like he's done a good job of convincing his storm troopers their actions are justified.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

No Putin has figured out how to effectively manipulate the media. All it taless is owning the TV stations like RT and controlling blogs. To do that you hire people to blog out what you want and ban the others by passing a new law. Simple he now controls all the media in and out of Russia. Anyone causes a problem they are jailed or get a visit from Neo Nazis who will either threaten or kill you with local authorities looking the other way. Even Hitler would be jeoulus.
edit on 11/24/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

No Putin has figured out how to effectively manipulate the media. All it taless is owning the TV stations like RT and controlling blogs. To do that you hire people to blog out what you want and ban the others by passing a new law. Simple he now controls all the media in and out of Russia. Anyone causes a problem they are jailed or get a visit from Neo Nazis who will either threaten or kill you with local authorities looking the other way. Even Hitler would be jeoulus.

Blah what an outdated form of media control and propaganda. The West has the modern version going strong. Dumb people think it's fair and balanced media when it's actually propaganda. It's self driven and self maintaining just like western serfdom

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

I don't think you know the definition of propaganda...

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

He even now controls the Ukrainian TV...

Russian television watchdog not to block Ukrainian television broadcasts in Crimea

Source

And the World Wide internet...

Foreign Internet companies to continue working on Russian market — Internet Ombudsman

The scenario of switching off Russia’s segment of the worldwide web is unlikely, Internet Ombudsman Dmitry Marinichev said.

Source

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

What's your definition?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

originally posted by: raymundoko

What's your definition?

prop·a·gan·da
ˌpräpəˈɡandə/
noun
noun: propaganda; noun: Propaganda
derogatory
information of a misleading nature used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

The west may be biased, but it is not propaganda. Russia runs it's own news network and determines what it wants it citizens to be able to review. The USA has roughly a dozen major news outlets and hundreds of other avenues of accessing news, from relatively any point of view.

Edit: Sure, if we ONLY had MSNBC or ONLY had FOX News then that would be PROPAGANDA. We actually have options though.
edit on 24-11-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Russians have it too, they have internet freedom and are reading CNN, Yahoo, BBC, etc.

American trust in MSM is also very low and declining, and why is that, because they do such a good job?

Trust in Mass Media Returns to All-Time Low

Source

No need to keep pretending it works and isn`t propaganda...

Readers Comments Show anti-Putin Propaganda Not Working

Source

edit on 24 11 2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

No there not many are blocked from Russians for security purposes suggest you look into the new Internet rules. People can get on trouble for even reading stories deemed against the state. Even relatives I have there are very cautious what they send my dad in email since there being monitored.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

He even now controls the Ukrainian TV...

Russian television watchdog not to block Ukrainian television broadcasts in Crimea

Source

And the World Wide internet...

Foreign Internet companies to continue working on Russian market — Internet Ombudsman

The scenario of switching off Russia’s segment of the worldwide web is unlikely, Internet Ombudsman Dmitry Marinichev said.

Source

You need to learn to read more closely, my friend. In the first source the media minister is saying that Crimean cable networks have not been ordered by the government to drop Ukrainian channels. He goes on to explain that they are being dropped because they are not "popular." The second link says nothing about internet service not being censored or monitored, just that internet providers are unlikely to stop providing service to Russia.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

But they still look at BBC, and if there`s one Western media source which posts "against the state," it`s the BBC.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Really might want to read this or for that matter look into the law signed banning internet. They got it through byour claiming they were protecting children. Than it was expanded to include political sites as well. See the last protest against Putin was started on the Internet off people using facebook. Now they can selectively block content deemed anti government. Users in Russia cannot get full access to any site because if Putin wants to block access Russians get an error message. As my relatives pointed out happens all the time now. They get errors when contacting the BBC website for example. It will say unable to load page etc.

No they can't russians get error messages on anything Putin decides is anti government.If your not in Russia do a search for banned sites on Russia and how the new law allows them to block content from sites. In other words people in Russia cant access everything others can. As my relatives said they are seeing more and more error messages on sites. I'll just assume your incredibly niave and not just towing the line.
www.foreignpolicy.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Well that`s great !

Most informed Westerns aren`t fooled by the anti-Russian propaganda and it doens`t needed to be done for the Russians anymore...

So they might as well give up.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

Well that`s great !

Most informed Westerns aren`t fooled by the anti-Russian propaganda and it doens`t needed to be done for the Russians anymore...

So they might as well give up.

Too bad some people continue to be fooled by Putin's pathetically amateurish propaganda. I hope Russia continues to use the word "Nazi" in every item about Ukraine and use photographs that were taken in Kosovo or Syria so that even the least critical thinker will begin to see how bad a job they are doing.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

There always will be a minority who will keep persisting in their views, that doesn`t matter...and no matter how much some of you post from your anti-Putin agenda, most people are smart enough to figure out what is really going on by simply looking at the information available...

There has been massive propaganda going on regarding the Ukraine and MH17, but most informed people haven`t been buying into it.

So do you think it will be any different to what you guys are doing ?

When more and more facts resurface, propaganda simply loses it in the end.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

You're the one who doesn't seem informed...You didn't even know most major news sites are blocked...

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

When more and more facts resurface, propaganda simply loses it in the end

Remember when the "green men" first poured in to the streets in Crimea? Putin denied that they were Russian soldiers, and some people believed him. They insisted that Russia was not invading Ukraine, even though Crimea had not yet held a referendum, so by anyone's account it was still a part of Ukraine. Then Putin admitted that that the green men were Russian troops, yet some people still cannot accept that, by Putin's own admission, Russia invaded Ukraine.

Propaganda works by telling people what they want to believe.

Wake up!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join