It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

33 Things Americans Should Know About Canada. Seriously

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

That's funny, I've heard that joke but Irish were the targets

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

Since when is ATS just about posting the link and that's it?

It just seems sloppy to look something up and not post a link. I doubt you had the number of Canadian homicides in 2012 memorized. ATS is about sharing things, ideas and knowledge. Why not share it? You found it, so why not provide a link? Seems like either someone is lazy or wants to be troublesome.

At least Sparkles is a fictional character from a U.S comedy show. What is your excuse for this actual person from the U.S and her family? U.S is still more awful than Canada. Sorry buddy.

Why are you so angry? I was making a little joke.

I'm a little concerned you say the US is more awful than Canada based on one family. That seems a little inappropriate and desperate.

The whole list smells of desperation and feelings of inadequacy. We get it, other nations have country envy.

Love Canadians, dislike that some feel the need to bash a superior country because they're embarrassed.

I don't know who gave you the axe you're so desperately trying to grind, but I hope someday you tire of it. I love my brothers and sisters up North. It makes me sad that you have so much animosity for a group of people that share so much with you.

Americans and Canadians are very close. This is a fact. Sometimes there is bickering but we love each other (save for the creepy fringe people - none of which have been American in my experience). Saying otherwise is like believing in chemtrails, that vaccines cause autism or cats are alien camcorders.

edit on 1820141120141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I did provide a link in the main post, what are you talking about?

As for the rest of your post, rofl. You are freaking out because your country was criticized. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
edit on 11 18 2014 by Sabiduria because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Read down one

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
OP I'm sorry. I'm giving you a little grief.

I legitimately love Canada and Canadians.

I live near Seattle and have known a ton of Canadians and met a ton in passing. Wonderful people. Really my favorite people. My best friend growing up was from Canada. Still in many ways my best friend, but he's in Norway now. Loved his family, and grew up with them as a second family from 12-18.

I think you would be hard pressed to find an American that didn't love Canadians. There may be a little nonsense back and forth but I have never met an American that wouldn't buy a Canadian a beer (and shutup, we have some good ones now). I had a Canadian flag recently as an avatar because I love you all.

OP, I hope you have a wonderful week and don't take my nonsense seriously. Send me some of those potato chips with everything and I'll send you whatever you want from the states (no machine guns though).

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: WP4YT

The Canadian border patrol are jerks who will search your car and confiscate your phone, read all your messages and go through your pictures, laugh at risque photos of your wife and tell you "not a dam thing you can do about it, none of your American freedoms here".. why? Because you drive a nice car and it was suspect. When nothing found, no "have a good day" or "sorry" , just a "you can leave now." Going back to America? "Welcome home! Drive on through"

That's really strange to me. I had just the opposite experience when I traveled to Canada back in '77. My friend and I were really shaggy hippy looking types driving an old POS car and we went right on up into Canada with no problem. The trouble came on our return to the US. They tore my car apart at the border and broke my trunk open looking for mj residue. Then they strip searched us and did body cavity searches. This was on our return to the US by our border patrol. They eventually let us go after threatening all kind of jail time and other punishment (for nothing but a few seeds and residue on the windshield). We laugh about it now.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

(Alaska doesn't count, you BOUGHT that state from Russia.)

Why didn't Canada buy it?

Oh, and when are you going to kick Russia's butt.... since you have already kicked America's butt... according to the story.
Don't stop there... kick China's butt too.

Save ISIS for last though... they seem pretty mean.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I often think about moving to Canada. Is it hard for an American to obtain citizenship?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The magnetic North Pole drifts. It's actually in Russia right now. Bloody Putin.

As long as this is friendly ribbing, and I hope it stays that way, here's a good one:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
34. you got Kiesza! renaissance woman, Ballerina, tall ship sailor, Canadian navy code breaker, great shot with a rifle, Berklee college of music scholarship winner and graduate, guitarist, keyboardist, song writer, unbelievable vocalist and #1 on the UK pop charts. YOU ROCK CANADA! Namaste.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

I beg to differ, the simple FACT that the grovellor general can disband parliament, force conscription, invoke marshal law, etc. is indicative of the status of Canada. The leader of a "country" should take orders from the people the leader allegedly represents as we are to understand by the joke known as voting. The "leader" should not take orders from a different "country" and certainly not from the proxy of probably the most expensive inbred welfare family in the world. Like I said, do some research ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

No, the grovellor general can disband parliament, force conscription, institute marshal law, etc. If the queen decided there was a problem here in Canadakastan, all she would have to do is send an order to the grovellor general, disband parliament and then as you say, "rubber stamp" any draconian laws she likes.

Next you'll be telling me the Bank of Canada is owned and operated by the Canadian government, or wait, I have a better one, that revenue canada is a government agency and not an agency of the BOC that has been given legislated powers under the colour of non-ratified law.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

No, the grovellor general can disband parliament, force conscription, institute marshal law, etc. If the queen decided there was a problem here in Canadakastan, all she would have to do is send an order to the grovellor general, disband parliament and then as you say, "rubber stamp" any draconian laws she likes.

Really? And how would that be enforced?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Instead of asking me, why didn't you take two seconds to look it up yourself instead of waiting so long for my reply to get your answer?

Russia was in a difficult financial position and feared losing Russian America without compensation in some future conflict, especially to the British, whom they had fought in the Crimean War (1853–1856). While Alaska attracted little interest at the time, the population of nearby British Columbia started to increase rapidly a few years after hostilities ended, with a large gold rush there prompting the creation of a British crown colony on the mainland in addition to the already-extant one on Vancouver Island, where the French and British fleets had retreated to after the Battle of Petropavlovsk in the Russian Far East.

The Russians decided that in any future war with Britain, their hard-to-defend colony might become a prime target, and would be easily captured. Therefore the Russian Emperor Alexander II decided to sell the territory. Perhaps in hopes of starting a bidding war, both the British and the Americans were approached. However, the British expressed little interest in buying Alaska. The Russians in 1859 offered to sell the territory to the United States, hoping that its presence in the region would offset the plans of Russia's greatest regional rival, Great Britain. However, no deal was reached, as the American Civil War was a more pressing concern in Washington.[2][3]

Russia continued to see an opportunity to weaken British power by causing British Columbia, including the Royal Navy base at Esquimalt, to be surrounded or annexed by American territory.[7] Following the Union victory in the Civil War, the Tsar instructed the Russian minister to the United States, Eduard de Stoeckl, to re-enter into negotiations with William Seward in the beginning of March 1867. The negotiations concluded after an all-night session with the signing of the treaty at 4 a.m. on March 30, 1867,[8] with the purchase price set at $7.2 million, or about 2 cents per acre ($4.74/km2).[9]

Alaska Purchase

We don't start wars, we finish them. The U.S started it and we kicked your butt's. If Russia/China were attacking us than yes we would kick their butts too. Until then, we will continue to be the peaceful people we are known for.

After all the U.S couldn't take Juno beach, the Canadian did though.

As for ISIS, it's a U.S organization like Al Qaeda & Boko Haram. A terrorist group created because the U.S needed to get it's troops somewhere.

The FBI has repeatedly encouraged and sometimes paid Muslims to commit terrorist acts. Right before the would-be terrorists can carry out the assault, the FBI swoops in and claims to save the day. The FBI never informs the public that it concocted the plan. It simply takes credit for keeping the public safe. This effectively raises a false flag on the American people and keeps the citizens fearful of terror groups while erroneously reinforcing the notion that the FBI is capturing terrorists.

In one case, the FBI provided an Oregon college student with a van loaded with fake but realistic-looking explosives. They drove the student to a crowded public event, encouraged him to set off the dummy bomb, and then arrested him after he tried to trigger the detonation code. In similar setups, the FBI has orchestrated and then thwarted terrorist plans to shoot down aircraft, take explosives on planes, and become suicide bombers.

US Attorney General Eric Holder says these FBI operations are not entrapment and are “essential in fighting terrorism.” On the other hand, Human Rights Watch argues that the FBI targets those with mental problems, of low intelligence, or who are otherwise vulnerable. The FBI is creating terrorists out of people who wouldn’t have committed a crime without the FBI’s encouragement.

10 inside jobs blammed on the enemy

Operation Northwoods:

Operation Northwoods was a series of proposals that originated within the Department of Defense (DoD) and the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) of the United States government in 1962. The proposals, which called for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), or other operatives, to commit acts of terrorism in US cities and elsewhere, were rejected by the Kennedy administration.[2] At the time of the proposal, Cuba had recently become communist under Fidel Castro. The operation proposed creating public support for a war against Cuba by blaming it for terrorist acts.[3] To this end, Operation Northwoods proposals recommended hijackings and bombings followed by the introduction of phony evidence that would implicate the Cuban government.

I welcome all debunkers to this, Top 5 Conspiracy Theories That Are True! *VIDEO*

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Midnight13

Well the fact you speak English will make the process a lot easier. You have to learn some Canadian History and take a test. My Mom took her test when I was 18yrs old and I've sponsored a family from Kosovo who were fleeing to Canada, it doesn't seem that hard, well to me anyways.

I'm not sure if linking the site will violate T&C but on the application page for becoming a citizen it says for eligibility:

- time you have lived in Canada
- language ability
- criminal history
- how well you know Canada.

During the written exam and the interview, you will be asked questions about:

- the rights, freedoms and responsibilities of Canadian citizens
- Canada’s democracy and ways to take part in Canadian society
- Canadian political and military history (including the political system, monarchy and branches of government)
- Canadian social and cultural history and symbols
- Canadian physical and political geography.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

As a Canuck I have to ask.... could you be more offensive?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

If you were any kind of a real Canuck, you'd be apologizing on her behalf.

Pfft.

You faux Canuck, you.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

If you were any kind of a real Canuck, you'd be apologizing on her behalf.

Pfft.

You faux Canuck, you.

Touche. Bwahahahaha....

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Yes this is friendly ribbing.

My Mom was born in Virgina, U.S (not sure where) and didn't become a Canadian Citizen until I was 18yrs old. Technically, if I wanted to, I could become a duel citizen, it's just a matter of filling out the paper work.

Most of My Mom's family still lives in the U.S. I've heard their accents so much when I was a kid that I when I hear their accent, I automatically start talking with that accent too. It came in handy when I was for a call center dealing with U.S clients. None of the callers knew I was from Canada & I had to explain to my puzzled colleagues & supervisors that when I hear an American accent come out, mine comes out.

Yes I dislike the U.S government and I dislike jingoistic Mericans but I've met some great people from the States. I never want to break down on the side of a major highway in the U.S again. No one asked if we needed any help & we were broken down for 6hrs. That's unheard of in Canada, you would never be broken down on a major highway in Canada for even an hour.

((Haven't watched the video yet, I'll have to check it out later when I have the ability))

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Never heard of her. Will have to look into her.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join