It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Aurora spy plane retired or was it just a myth?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Of course, because you're going from the premise that it was a space plane from the start, so you're going to find the links that show it's a space plane.

www.fighter-planes.com...
articles.latimes.com...
www.unrealaircraft.com...

Hypersonic, high altitude, conventional aircraft. Not a space plane, and certainly not the X-37B.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

considering we are still using fossil fuel propulsion we err took from the natzi's 60 some odd years ago I hope so...

Plasma maybe...

edit on b122014-11-17T21:12:51-06:00America/Chicago113076 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Hey now… I was just agreeing with your earlier post is all.

The X-37B isn't Aurora. Aurora was allegedly flying in the 1990s.

It's just an internet myth based on some misunderstood information.

edit on 17-11-2014 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

Something interesting to think about. The KC-135Q was designed to refuel the SR-71, and carried JP-7 fuel in the body tanks. After being reengined with the CFM-56 engines, they were redesignated KC-135T (the 8 or so that are capable of in flight refueling are RTs).

Now the SR-71 has been retired since 1990, so why are all the KC-135Ts still flying around, and why did the Air Force buy a huge amount of JP7 to be delivered around 2010? And why do they still list prices for it in 2013?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
wasnt the aurora the infamous tr3b?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

they are still using spy planes. OR they have some serious tactical fighters on a runway some where..

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FraternitasSaturni

You mean the TR3B that also doesn't exist?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

Of course they are. The U-2 and RQ-4 are still flying around.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

foul...

I meant like the blackbird....

Those are not flying over RUSSIA.....

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Poor Zaphod. Teeth ground to nubs and pulling out all his hair.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

The only thing to fly over Russia since 1960 was a NASA ER-2 at the invitation of the Russian government, and satellites.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

ok so why are they still producing these tankers and buying the HIGH octane jet fuel?

space fighters I suppose....

To take out satellites..

That would be my guess..

As I said some awesome tactical fighters on a runway, that is more plausible..

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

They aren't producing them, they're still flying them.

As for why, that's for you guys to figure out. I was simply asking some interesting questions.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

they are modifying them... keeping them productive.. But your right..

that was my guess... Satellite killers..

good talk as usual zaph..

I still don't understand why we are not in spaceships.. If Our air force is the reflection of our intellect and technology why are we not making a moon base?

No need to continue the painful process of communication over the millions of miles it is hard to communicate...

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

LADEE proved that laser communications to the moon are both feasible, and fast. They hit some amazing speeds sending data back and forth to the moon when the probe was there.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
With the Blackbird gone and Sats taking over the recon tasks where would the new platform fit into the arsenal?High speed target allocation and removal with limited or zero civilian casualties?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

do they still fly the sr-71 or is it just a museum piece? and if it needs a special fuel mix then perhaps they have to buy a certain quantity for it to be produced at the refinery and does anything else use that mix

with the new drone shuttle you don't really need to have fighters to destroy enemy sats, if the things got a claw it could drag it far enough out of orbit so it crashes and burns a few hours later while its heading to the next enemy sat or even popping it into its bay if its of sufficient interest

The real person here who probably knows is boomer as i bet he's pretty much seen everything slurping on his extra long hose

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: paranormal78

It definitely did exist, it is likely not to much as put into permanent mothballs as it was too loud, caused potential atmospheric damage - far more than a rocket as it was constantly in the upper atmosphere and not simply flying in and out of it.
Replaced with far cheaper and quieter stealth drone's and perhaps even more advanced technologys in superior stealth satellite's, even the military shuttle is superior as it can maintain high altitude on stations (geo synchronous orbit) so except as an interceptor for which it is likely not designed there is now no really viable function unless it was to project power.

There is one other use, high altitude launch and anti sattelite missile delivery are a potential candidate for the next generation of this aircraft, it is a true shame that the geniuses behind this must remain in obscurrity.

Or are they the guys behind some of the hypersonic passenger plane concepts where the aircraft would nearly leave the atmosphere flying at such high altitude and speed then there is the obvious potential of a satellite launch system that is more resusable even than the current x shuttles so the development will pay dividends for whichever defence contractor holds the relevant patents once they see commercial application.
edit on 18-11-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Do they ever reach a point where they just rebuild older models so they are brand new? Like with the a-10 for example. Will we ever reach a point where its cheaper to roll out the line and stamp a few new ones out slightly updated?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609
The don't make new ones but they do replace parts on an ongoing basis. That's why these are still flying:
upload.wikimedia.org...

edit on 11/18/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join