It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Batman Begins Trailer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
You can get a streaming windows media player look here

I'm not sure how long it'll last for and I couldn't find a downloadable one, but I don't think the official one is out until Monday so it's better than nothing.

I'm still not sure what to think about this one, the trailer ain't giving away too much...but it does look dark and at least they're trying something original. Let's hope it works out...

[edit on 10-12-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Looks good.

Very interesting.

Just another to add to my collection.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
At least they didn't show the whole movie in the trailer....I assume they'll do that in the next one - lol (I hate it when they do crap like that)

I was surprised to see Liam Nelson in this though....It looks interesting....It seems to have abonded the previous Batman styles, which I kind of like - Give it a new twist

*crosses fingers*

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Yeah, I like how they went with the Batman Year One story line. Gordon is only a Leutenant and all. It should be good. I think Christian Bale will make a good Batman and a good Bruce Wayne. It's hard to find someone who can play a duel role like that.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This is going to be the best batman film since the first one was made dark gritty everything a bat film should be. And the ammout of time spent on voice coaching and body shape for his role is amazeing.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This certainly looks as though it will be an interesting film, at least.
When I first saw the trailer I wasn't sure if Bale would fit the role, but now, after thinking about it, he has the potential to be amazing in the role. he's a great actor.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I could only see Bale or Guy Pearce in the role myself, and Pearce said he'd never do it...

A friend of mine had a great idea if they were going to do an 'older' Batman, which would be Ed Harris. I thought that was a very interesting idea, it'd be great to see Miller's The Dark Knight Returns done that way...but that is dreaming...

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
I could only see Bale or Guy Pearce in the role myself, and Pearce said he'd never do it...

A friend of mine had a great idea if they were going to do an 'older' Batman, which would be Ed Harris. I thought that was a very interesting idea, it'd be great to see Miller's The Dark Knight Returns done that way...but that is dreaming...

While Pearce is an excellent actor, I just can't picture him in the role at all. I think it's his looks that throw me off.
He just doesn't look like a Batman.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Christian Bale is perfect for this. This guy can flat out act! Anyone see 'American Psycho'?? I love how they're remaking these superhero movies now, the right way. Can't wait for Superman.

Peace

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Holy Burritos Batman! That looks like its going to be pretty good! Anything will be better than the last three steamin fresh ones they put out after the first one. This one looks to go along less like a comic book and more like a movie.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
He just doesn't look like a Batman.

Actually I really could see him in the role, he was first choice I believe and I can see why...as soon as they got him to lose the ozzie accent and sound more brooding that is.

It would've been the same choice as when no one could see Michael Keaton as Batman, and after that film I couldn't see anyone else but him as Batman.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada

Actually I really could see him in the role, he was first choice I believe and I can see why...as soon as they got him to lose the ozzie accent and sound more brooding that is.

It would've been the same choice as when no one could see Michael Keaton as Batman, and after that film I couldn't see anyone else but him as Batman.

Bale does brooding very well.

As for what you said regarding Keaton: While that may be true, sometimes you just get the feeling that a person was not right for the role.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
As for what you said regarding Keaton: While that may be true, sometimes you just get the feeling that a person was not right for the role.

Well it's all academic now, it's Bale.

I just want to know how he got so built up again so quick after losing so much weight for The Machinist. The guy must've been very ill...

[edit on 13-12-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Are they re-inventing how the batman story begins? Or do all this ties in with the original story, and I just haven't read enough batman comics to know this?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
Are they re-inventing how the batman story begins? Or do all this ties in with the original story, and I just haven't read enough batman comics to know this?

I believe it's loosely based on Miller's Batman: Year One. It's not meant to tie in with the original Burton Batman at all, which did go into the origin of Batman but not as much as this one will...

It seems this will concentrate more on Bruce Wayne than Batman, which should make it really interesting.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   

weight for The Machinist. The guy must've been very ill...

he lost like 63lbs dropped down to like 120 odd lbs if that when he went to bulk up for batman he was asked to do 1 press up by his trainer he couldn't even lift himself he lost so much muscel. this is one actor who takes things serious.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
he lost like 63lbs dropped down to like 120 odd lbs if that when he went to bulk up for batman he was asked to do 1 press up by his trainer he couldn't even lift himself he lost so much muscel. this is one actor who takes things serious.

Indeed, all credit to him. It's a good job he has the talent as well.

Oh, and here's the trailer finally in Quicktime...enjoy kids.

batmanbegins.warnerbros.com...#

Just click in trailers.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I clicked trailers and nothing happend John.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Are you using Mozilla? It's probably your pop-up blocker, it blocked the window on mine to. Just allow pop ups for the site and all should be fine.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
John glad to see you didnt stay away to long. Yay for batman!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join