It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Alamos Study Group - WIPP - "Corners were cut"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

The Los Alamos Study Group reacted to the New Mexican's 6-month long investigation Sunday night.

Los Alamos Study Group executive director Greg Mello.

"The drum in question was basically kind of a time bomb."

The New Mexican's 6-month long investigation also references an assessment conducted by WIPP personnel that estimates over 5,000 drums of waste may contain the volatile organic kitty litter that caused the one drum to split open.

"Corners were cut," he said.

In the pursuit of a $2.2 billion contract renewal, Mello says the e-mails and memos suggest the privately run lab ignored warning signs and potential danger in order to be on time.

"We need a thorough investigation of who knew what, when,"
SOURCE: KOB4 Albuquerque, NM

Additionally: WIPP-Incident History

-
OBSERVING-OPINION:

Prison-Time(s) will be ... Strongly-Considered.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Thanks for putting this back out there. The news of this incident is getting sparse, but I find myself thinking about it quite a bit.

I live near the Texas, New Mexico border. I used to enjoy driving my Ural in SE New Mexico. So much for that. These companies just hate truth when the screw up in epic ways. I guess my summer trips to Carlsbad Caverns and Sitting Bull Falls will be pleasant memories with no sequels.

Boba

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FarleyWayne

The Los Alamos Study Group reacted to the New Mexican's 6-month long investigation Sunday night.

Los Alamos Study Group executive director Greg Mello.

"The drum in question was basically kind of a time bomb."

The New Mexican's 6-month long investigation also references an assessment conducted by WIPP personnel that estimates over 5,000 drums of waste may contain the volatile organic kitty litter that caused the one drum to split open.

"Corners were cut," he said.

In the pursuit of a $2.2 billion contract renewal, Mello says the e-mails and memos suggest the privately run lab ignored warning signs and potential danger in order to be on time.

"We need a thorough investigation of who knew what, when,"
SOURCE: KOB4 Albuquerque, NM

Additionally: WIPP-Incident History

-
OBSERVING-OPINION:

Prison-Time(s) will be ... Strongly-Considered.

Thank you for reminding us of this issue. It would be helpful in the future in posts like this to have a short introduction of the subject you are referring to for those unwilling to look it up.

I'd forgotten about this one. My response EEEEKKKKK - run away.

edit on 17-11-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

join