It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of emergency declared in Missouri preceding Verdict

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Momof7
They will announce Sunday I bet. High temp of 58 and a 100% chance of rain.

I agree. If they don't on Sunday they will wait till Wednesday
as it is the most bland island in the weeks ocean.

Regardless the message has been sent by authorities a long time ago..
"We'll shoot you, and if you complain about it.. we'll shoot some more"

American Police, paranoid, and armed to the teeth with Iraq surplus.
But Kevlar and 7 mpg Humvees are nothing considering
the world is watching and they are surrounded by 330 million angry citizens
with 330 million guns.
No wonder they are scared.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

edit on 23-11-2014 by recapitulated because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Wonder if they are going to hold the verdict until after everything calms down. They were given a January limit, maybe they will push it till then.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I read somewhere today that they do not have to make a public announcement at all...???...

Did this happen in NKorea or USA?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

Apparently it was the media this whole time saying they were close. They sure got their readers they needed.. $$$

Found out that the Grand Jury never said they were getting close. They haven't even started deliberating yet. Normally the St. Louis Grand Jury only meets on Wednesdays, but because of the importance of this particular trial the 12 people of the jury compared schedules so they could meet more often, but it is all in secret. No one knows when they meet. They have until January 7th to decide if his case should go to trial or not.

Here is an excellent article that will give you more info CNN - Is Ferguson grand jury close?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Something to compare... Swat team attacks homeschoolers in Missouri This happened THREE YEARS AGO and it is just now going to court. Took months for them to even get their kids back. The only thing they did wrong was, they had a messy home while homeschooling their 3 kids. Told the cops they couldn't come in without a warrant. The only news source other than local channels that would cover it was World nut daily.
THREE YEARS to say the parents can take the cops to court.

In comparison this Ferguson one is going rather quickly.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
There was a reporter here in Chicago who said they might make multiple false announcements that the verdict is close.
His theory is people will eventually get worn down and be caught off guard when the real announcement happens.

Could be what is happening now.

My guess is they are waiting for really bad weather. It's tough to riot in three feet of snow. Wait for a blizzard and then don't plow the streets.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit
Alas, it was too good to last.

I have an addendum now, as someone has died as a result of the Ferguson protests.
Woman 'Ready for Ferguson' Accidentally Kills Self With Own Gun

[Campbell's boyfriend] told investigators that as they drove late Friday night, the victim waved a gun, jokingly saying the couple were ready for Ferguson, the sources said.

He ducked to get out of the way of the gun and accidentally rear-ended another car. He said the accident caused the gun to go off and she was struck by a bullet in the head, the sources said.

Somewhat indirectly, anyway.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The Washington Post just announced:

A grand jury has reached a decision on whether to indict Darren Wilson, the white Ferguson, Mo. police officer... sources close to the process said.

Sources said that press conferences are being prepared by the county prosecutors’ office and the Missouri governor. Those press conferences will likely come later today.

The announcement gave no indication of whether Wilson, 28, will face state charges in the August shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown, which triggered a frank conversation about race and police interaction with African-Americans.

Grand jury reaches decision in case of Ferguson officer

A frank conversation? That's got to be the understatement of the year!

Breaking News just announced the decision will be announced later today also.

CX

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
A question....those Active Denial systems that were vehicle mounted, do the police have them for riot control now in the US?

Just trying to confirm something I just heard.

CX.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CX

During occupy Oakland ADS was used.

CX

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent
a reply to: CX

During occupy Oakland ADS was used.

Thank you. Just that I heard it being talked about on Twitter earlier, someone saying the St Louis trucks that are assembled have them on.

Also reports that a leak is saying there is no indictment. I'll wait for the official conference first, twitter is going so fast, someone will take it seriously and start rioting before we know for sure.

CX.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Public announcement to be made at 9pm ET. One more hour.

Crowds are gathering, and something like 37 districts around there have closed school tomorrow. Mail boxes have been locked closed, monuments covered.

Crazy.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mrsdudara

if school is already cancelled for tomorrow then might be long night

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: xuenchen

Dude. It's still just all HYPE! What do you not get about that? MSM. Hype. Get people riled up.

Will things change?

NOPE. Not as long as the MSM/press write these sensationalist headlines. It's almost like they're ALL tabloids now!!!

Any comments now?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

LOL!! Yep! I live 3 hours from Saint Louis, and we had NO PROBLEMS here.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join