It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of emergency declared in Missouri preceding Verdict

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
when are they announcing the verdict? I don't have any type of live television..so I don't know what/when this is going on..Im in Indiana.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
a reply to: network dude

I think unarmed civilians might do well to stay out of the way

Sorry, I thought the right to peaceful assembly was still allowed, my mistake.

It is. However, if you knowingly mix in with that crowd and a portion of the protesters get violent, don't cry about the police when you get tear-gassed.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

LOL and throwing tea in the harbour wasn't. check your history bro.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
a reply to: network dude

I think unarmed civilians might do well to stay out of the way

Sorry, I thought the right to peaceful assembly was still allowed, my mistake.

Peaceful assembly is allowed! However throwing rocks, bottles and screaming at police officers does not constitute "Peaceful Assembly". As soon as You peaceful protesters make any attempt to cross a Law Enforcement boundary, conduct property damage and shout threats of violence they cease to be exercising there right of assembly.

Sorry, that law has been around for a while now.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neopan100
when are they announcing the verdict? I don't have any type of live television..so I don't know what/when this is going on..Im in Indiana.

It must be getting close to announcement. No one knows when as of yet, but it could come as early as this evening or it could be another couple of weeks.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Desperate actions belong to desperate people. Just because you are comfortable and enjoying life doesn't mean everyone should play by your rules.

Get with the outrage and join in. Who knows you might WAKE UP. First its the perceived minority, then its your neighbour and before you know it its your son or daughter.

TAKE A STAND

KNOW WHO IS NEXT

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: murch

LOL and throwing tea in the harbour wasn't. check your history bro.

You're actually comparing the Boston Tea Party to a bunch of idiots stealing TV's?

Sorry, bro, but you're really stretching on this one.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: murch
Desperate actions belong to desperate people. Just because you are comfortable and enjoying life doesn't mean everyone should play by your rules.

Get with the outrage and join in. Who knows you might WAKE UP. First its the perceived minority, then its your neighbour and before you know it its your son or daughter.

TAKE A STAND

KNOW WHO IS NEXT

Rioting and looting is not a form of desperate protest. It's criminal behavior, plain and simple. It's a bunch of people who see an opportunity to get away with theft and breaking things.

If they truly had some grand cause like you claim, they'd burn down city hall, the police stations, and the banks... not their local Radio Shack and liquor store.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

LOL what is the difference. A bunch of people throwing TEA into a harbour. A bunch of people stealing tv's. Legitimate protest has been killed. They do what they can. They have a legitimate protest, it gets hammered by authorities. As far as I am concerned FTW nothing is off the table.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Hmmm Boston Tea Party? I think the Brits called it .."An attack on British flagged Vessels in Port. Coordinated by rebel factions against British Subjects"

There's one side of your history bud...

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

It is. However, if you knowingly mix in with that crowd and a portion of the protesters get violent, don't cry about the police when you get tear-gassed.

Thing is though it seems to be the police/military purposefully create the conditions under which that is going to happen. The press then spin it in a way that puts blame on the dangerous unarmed civilians.

Happens in my country too, America isnt the only one, any large scale protest here in the UK is either under reported or not at all by state media and when it is it is usualy full of reports justifying police brutality on account of the dangerous anarchists i.e unarmed civilians trying to defend themselves against soldiers in body armour.

Its basicaly the same script in every country.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere
My you sound like a brave man if you think that the police can take on and win the population of the USA

The police are executing people and getting away with it but as yet it's more blacks than whites so they have just kicked up first but you know what they say about first they came for others and I did nothing ........................... then they came for me.......................

Just a question but what are you going to do if the army takes on the Police after days of Riots because that's happened time and time again if you look around or back in history a little bit.

No sir you are seeing democracy in action and what happens when the people are pushed too far.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
There's a difference between peaceful protest (which hardly accomplishes anything and if it does, at a snail's pace) and looting.

It would serve the hoodlums and thugs of any given town right if the shopkeepers decided not to do business any more in their towns and packed up and left. I know after watching those first videos of the rioting, I wouldn't have stayed in that town. They might think twice if simple shopping required a 20 mile drive one way...

If you want to change anything, you have to empower yourself first, and that's with a real education (not the fake one you get in school). None of those rioters I saw even had a fake education.

You want the police to not over react when one of your own is walking down the street? Try acting like civilized people 99.9% of the time.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This started out as a very good information topic, but it seems that most of these Michael Brown topics are ending up in a pissing contest. Can we not put aside our difference for a civil discussion? Just agree to disagree. If I wanted all of the drama and disputes then I would have drove to Ferguson.

Now back on subject, From Boston to Los Angeles, police departments are bracing for large demonstrations when a grand jury decides whether to indict a white police officer who killed an unarmed black teenager in Ferguson, Missouri. I wonder is the the whole US will be put under a State of Emergency. Ferguson has made its name known.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Again, if you really want to compare yourself to the people who protested over-taxation by the British, you should be attacking the government and the banks.

Breaking windows of small businesses and stealing merchandise is not a noble activity and it does NOTHING to address the real problems in our country. To claim otherwise is incredibly moronic.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Finally someone makes a great point to all arguments and I agree, small shops and local people does not address any of the problems. Now if they were to start rioting our governments and banks then I would say we the people are ready to stand up and take our country back and I would be on their side! But to attack each other is not helping any of us.
edit on 17-11-2014 by RunForTheHills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It could be handled quite differently. When the verdict is released the media and the cops are sent home... Let those folks do what ever they feel they need to do. However it won't matter after the decision has been made.

If the media isn't allowed to FEED on it, and the cops aren't there to fight then the peaceful demonstrators will just go home and no damage will be done , right?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: RunForTheHills
It must be getting close to announcement. No one knows when as of yet, but it could come as early as this evening or it could be another couple of weeks.

Maybe, just maybe the decision has not been made so they are trying to send a signal to say he's got off and then watching the reaction and they will decide the verdict based on the reaction to see if they dare pervert the justice system or let the people have their say.

We simply cannot allow the police to be above the law in a democracy and they are playing the race card to try to keep the people from uniting.

Don't tell me that something is not wrong with the US legal system when you have prisons for profit and the highest number of inmates per head of population in the world and swat teams are used against people for selling untreated cows milk to people who want to buy it.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
During the unrest in Ferguson, I noticed drones buzzing overhead in the city I live in. 3 hours away from St. Louis...

What's up with that?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
OK lets wind this down a bit. Its becoming an issue beyond reality. So lets break it down. The ethnic community of Ferguson believe they are disproportionately discriminated against. There is a LOT of evidence to back this up.

The major issue here is police accountability. The police are TRAINED to kill people. My question is WHY. I recently watched a vid of a german officer being threatened with a guy wielding a machete. He shot him in the leg.

Its the perception that minority lifes are worth less that causes unrest. Address that then there is no issue.

PS RESULT EXPECTED WEDNESDAY
edit on 17-11-2014 by murch because: date for result

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join